Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU! Ribbon Keeper (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-ribbon-keeper-183790/)

mackbrad 09-15-2006 06:58 PM

SU! Ribbon Keeper

I just got my new (large) ribbon keepers from SU! (Holiday Mini Catalog) and it is fabulous! I know have all my grosgrain ribbons in one place on my desk (it takes up so little space) - before I had them in a box and I could never find what I wanted.

I have all the little tails of ribbon hanging over the edge - all I have to do is give it a little tug - no more dropping spools of ribbon on the ground and having to wind themback up.

I can't wait to order the other sizes!

Jeanne S 09-15-2006 07:11 PM

I like that they can pop right out when you need the roll. I was forever fighting with the ones with the dowels. I've tried just about everything for ribbon and these are wonderful.

mytime 09-15-2006 07:15 PM

Oh I LOVE the ribbon holders! Ordered 3 large, and 3 med. Saved me space and are much eaiser to change out empty spool. They are better than they looked in the mini IMO.

luv my dolly 09-15-2006 07:17 PM

Ditto to what both of you have said. I have all three sizes and last night at my techniques class, I had two customers buy the complete sets after they saw mine.

Way to go SU, always staying on the cutting edge!!!:p

CardFanatic 09-15-2006 08:09 PM

I've been on the fence. How sturdy are they? They certainly look easier to use... no spools! :-D

Michelle Laycock 09-15-2006 08:13 PM

One of my downlines and both want 1 of each size, so we are splitting an order of all three.
I think she ordered last week, so they should be here soon. I can't wait to try 'em. My ribbons are all over the place in a basket right now and sometimes I have to untangle them. These will keep my ribbons in order. I'll let you know how they are after I get mine!

Geneal 09-15-2006 08:15 PM

I have two of each and they are terrific! I love them all.

JanTInk 09-15-2006 08:19 PM

I ordered a set of each and I really like them. I need to get some more of the medium sized ones because I have some non-SU! ribbon that I'd like to put in them. The system I used before had dowels and I hated having to pull all the ones off the end of the dowel to get the one in the middle that I wanted. And I hated the "ribbon escape syndrome" where if a roll started to unreel gravity would just keep pulling the ribbon off the roll until the whole thing was on the floor!

Plus this takes up a lot less space! 'Cause I can always use more space for STAMPS!!! :mrgreen:

SDiegoGal 09-15-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
I've been on the fence. How sturdy are they? They certainly look easier to use... no spools! :-D

Very sturdy! You'd have to really try hard to mangle them! :)

Stampinsilvia 09-15-2006 09:06 PM

I really should order them, they look soo awesomr and my ribbon is a huge mess!

TJStamper 09-15-2006 10:04 PM

The Ribbon Keepers are AMAZING! I ordered the Medium and the Large sets and I really need more (I'm a ribbon junkie). I used to keep my ribbon in square baskets on my shelf and it was a mess ... now they are neat and tidy and I can actually SEE what I have. Twice I ordered ribbon because I thought I didn't have it ... and I did, I just couldn't see it!

Somebody asked if they are sturdy and the answer is, yes - they sure are! They are easy to put together and they stack beautifully! They are lightweight as well.

If you're ribbon is a disaster (like mine was) this will be a fantastic solution for you!

Kudos to SU! for offering us a great solution to an all to common problem!

lindylou1220 09-16-2006 02:38 AM

The ribbon keepers are soooooooooooo much easier than trying to get at the middle spool on a dowel! Love them. I'll take any chance to organize that I can!

vicnvin 09-16-2006 05:41 AM

I really love the ribbon holders too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki

mackbrad 09-16-2006 05:50 AM

Also, if you don't quite have enough ribbon to fill the "whole" holder it comes with a piece that acts as a spacer so your ribbons do not fall over.

I also split a pack with someone and wish now I would have kept both of them for myself...

arinstamps 09-16-2006 06:22 AM

I was unsure at first about keeping my ribbon out on my desk instead of in a box but now that I have the large one I LOVE it! I use ribbon so often and it is a major convenience to just reach over and snip some off. I'm ordering the other ones, too!

Klarson 09-16-2006 06:22 AM

I split a pack with my friend - filled all 3!! So, now Im splitting a pack with another friend, so I will have 2 towers of each size.

LOVE THEM. I found myself using my buttons that I have never used, cause they were sitting right in front of me, and not in a drawer.

Debra 09-16-2006 07:45 AM

I love the new ribbon holders. Before I had the dowel ones and these ones are so much more compact. Takes up less space. and as mentioned by many soooo much easier.

J-Bo 09-16-2006 09:55 AM

Question...can these be mounted on the wall?

Monika 09-16-2006 11:56 AM

How many can each hold??

I have the Target boxes as well as a dowel rod full of ribbon with NO place to put that one. I like to know how many ribbons go in each size of the SU Keepers....I have lots of grosgrain, some smaller, some bigger ribbon spools and would really like to downsize my space, if possible..i havent seen the new ones yet IRL but sure look great.

Thanx much;)

TJStamper 09-16-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Bo
Question...can these be mounted on the wall?

Not really ... although you could get creative and drill your own hole to mount them on the wall!

Joy A Borwege 09-16-2006 01:41 PM

Now you all talked me into getting this too!! I am going to have to place my 3rd order from the mini catalog...I just might have to get all the other stuff I haven't orderd yet so I don't keep on placing smaller orders!! You guys are just too funny!!

Joy~

Marie0401 09-16-2006 02:20 PM

SU Ribbon Keeper

Hi
Can I see a picture?? Thanks.
Marie

Motherof6 09-16-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marie0401
Hi
Can I see a picture?? Thanks.
Marie

Here's the on-line cataolg. They are on page 19.

I love mine. I bought the 2 pack of the 2 larger sizes and will get more before the mini catty runs up. I have them filled right now and know I will not stop geting new ribbons.;)

chrissym 09-16-2006 04:36 PM

I saw them in the catalog and first thought I need those then changed my mind. Do they fit just the SU ribbon or different brands of ribbon also. I have lots of ribbon but no SU ribbon (yet). I'm fairly new to SU. You ladies may have sold me on the ribbon organizer. LOL!

Chrissy

lhayes33 09-16-2006 05:00 PM

Love them! Super sturdy and coolllllllllllll!! They make all of those ribbon spools and embellishment containers soooo organized and fashionable too!

roo613 09-16-2006 05:05 PM

Love 'em! I was a little hesitant, so I just ordered the large. But they are so awesome that I am now ordering the other sizes on my order next week!

evequilts 09-18-2006 05:50 AM

I have the large one on my list to order but since I'm on a tight budget, I can't afford the medium one at this point. Can I use the large one to old SU! gingham & organdy ribbons?

GWTW Junkie 09-18-2006 06:25 AM

I'll be getting all three sizes, too. I hate having to poke a hole in my ribbon with a pin to keep them from unravelling all over the place. I just have them in a rubbermaid shoebox right now. Add that to my next order!!!

danssister 09-18-2006 10:44 AM

I'm really thinking I need these now! I'm sooooo tired of all my grosgrain unrolling constantly in my ornament box!! They're sturdy enough to travel with right? Just one more thing to explain to dh that I *NEED*!!!! lol ;)

inkisgood 09-20-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackbrad
Also, if you don't quite have enough ribbon to fill the "whole" holder it comes with a piece that acts as a spacer so your ribbons do not fall over.

I also split a pack with someone and wish now I would have kept both of them for myself...

I got the large one and I don't know if I am sold on it. I don't have enough ribbon to fill one, yet, and when I tried to use the spacer thing it just slides all over the place and doesn't hold the 4 rolls I have in place. I was getting ready to call in to SU and ask to return these and thought I'd check with SCS folks first. Now I am confused-it sounds like everyone is in love with this item. What am I doing wrong? I pre-ordered this thinking I would show it off and try to sell some but I don't think I'm sold on them for the price. I think a box with a dowel or 2 would be just fine. Is anyone else having this same problem as I am?

scrappintica 09-20-2006 03:09 PM

They are sooo AWESOME!!!!! Ditto to everyone above, they are awesome. What do you put in the smallest holder???
I only got the med and large. Would reinkers fit in the small holders???
Thanks (mini hi-jack)
Kate