Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-25-2018, 09:31 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU question

It h
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #2  
Cardstock Collector

Not sure what happened. I have not made a card in six years. So much has changed! First the woman I bought SU from is no longer a demonstrator. I can’t find a demonstrator within 25 miles of me. So if I order from stamping up website, I have to have a demonstrator right? Will my order ship right to my house? Should I wait for a special? What is a good way to pick a demonstrator? So it looks like shipping is 10% right? Do I pay tax and shipping on rewards products? Do I have to order host sets for rewards? Anything else you can tell me? Thank you!!! Oh I have an order almost ready that is $300 so does that mean $36 in rewards?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

WAIT!! Salebration begins on January 3rd. If you wait until then, you will earn free stuff and increased rewards. Does not make sense to order now unless you need something from the holiday or clearance list.

Pick a demo on the website and the order will be shipped to your house. You are not married to that demo...you can switch later if you need to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 488 Likes on 307 Posts

!. Yes--I think yo can choose anyone- it doesn't have to be close to you....if there is a demo whose work you admire, you can chose them and some of them have on-line clubs and other things that can be fun.
2. Yes your order will ship right to your house.
3. SAB is coming and it might behoove you to wait till it begins and collect goodies from the SAB brochure. With a $300 order you would have lots of choices.
4. 10& is an average....the ordering process will figure the shipping from your zip code.
5. Not sure about the tax on rewards.
6 Rewards $ can be used on paper, ink, any product in the Occasion or Annual catalog.
7. If there are no demos in your area, you may want to think about signing up as a hobbyist demo --and during SAB you can choose $175 worth of product for a signing fee of $99 using option one and Option 2 for $129 adds a sleek new tote/carry bag that looks wonderful.
8. If you have not done so, go to the SU website and download the SAB and Occasion catalogs and browse them before finalizing your order.....
9. At least $36 in rewards on a $300 order...check the website for up to date amounts.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2018, 12:01 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Thank you for the help! I can wait until January if there will be some free items. I can’t find the occasion catalog. Is there somewhere I can click to have one mailed to me? What does it cost?
Also what is a proud fan club member?
I don’t think I want to be a demonstrator. Not sure how long I will stick to cards so don’t really want to make too big of investment yet. Where hobbies are concerned I seem to have a short attention span
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi!

You can order from SU's website and pick any demo that doesn't live near you because SU will ship it directly to you. There are demos that have their own reward systems on their blogs, so you may want to look at the blogs and find one who matches your card making style. (I don't know if I can link directly to them on here, but there's Stampin' Pretty, or Stamp with Amy K, or Stamp with Bryan, etc.)

Shipping is $6.95 or 10%, so once your order is over $69.95, the shipping will go up. I'm not sure if the tax and shipping are charged for reward items. You do get rewards on whatever you order, if you are a "Host," which requires an order of $150 or more, before shipping/tax/etc. If your order is over $300, you get 12% of your subtotal as reward dollars.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2018, 12:32 PM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,908 Likes on 2,180 Posts

If you pay the fee for a fan club membership to SCS, you can be a proud fan club member. Currently its $24.95 a year and there are perks. Your cards don't need to be approved. You can upload on Sundays. There is a yearly challenge just for fan club members.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Received 85 Likes on 34 Posts
Default SU

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbookingfoolView Post
Thank you for the help! I can wait until January if there will be some free items. I can’t find the occasion catalog. Is there somewhere I can click to have one mailed to me? What does it cost?
Also what is a proud fan club member?
I don’t think I want to be a demonstrator. Not sure how long I will stick to cards so don’t really want to make too big of investment yet. Where hobbies are concerned I seem to have a short attention span

Hello! The new catalogs (SAB and Occassions) will be available to everyone online on 1/3 when they release. Many demos offer them for free to people who intend to order from them, but at this point, I’d check them out online as it’s coming right up so you’ll see them sooner. I echo the advice about considering signing up. As noted before, it’s $99 plus tax (free shipping) for $175 of product, or $129 plus tax for the same product plus a craft tote. (I think you also get a free paper pumpkin, plus you get catalogs, etc.). You can get occassions, annual catalog, and carry over holiday items with your $175. You can then order your remaining items using your discount and get SAB rewards. SU does not count the first quarter so you have until the end of July (partial quarter beginning in January, 2d quarter ending in June, and a pending month) to buy or sell $300 to keep your discount. If you don’t, you drop automatically with no penalty. They want crafters to test-drive it so they make it easy. And you never know! Your seven months will include the next annual catalog, which may well prove tempting. So I’d do the math both ways and see what you think. It’s not a permanent commitment unless you’d like it to be!

Regardless of what you do, for sure I’d wait until SAB starts on 1/3. Happy crafting!

Cynthia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2018, 01:49 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

To add to your $36 in host rewards, you'll get an extra $25 on orders of $250 or more during Sale-A-Bration (January 3-March 31).

Have fun shopping!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2018, 03:45 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Just to corroborate what Cynthia said regarding signing up: I have signed up during specials and received extra perks and products, then dropped after several quarters at least three or four times over the years. The most recent was a brief stint under lindylou1220 before my move to Las Vegas... ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2018, 04:27 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Cuppymouse gave really good info, and btw, paper pumpkin isn’t an actual paper pumpkin. ;) It’s a monthly kit, usually for cards but sometimes other stuff.

I think SU prices are generally on the expensive end of the spectrum, so signing up as a hobby demonstrator for $99 to get $175 of product can be worth it, assuming there are items you really want. Then do nothing and you’re dropped, which as Sue said, is absolutely fine. The tote bag ($129 instead of $99) is beautiful, though isn’t quite tall enough for my needs, and weighs a little more than my go-to Scout Pocket Rocket bag.

I’m in VA near DC and my demonstrator is in FL; I met her here. I don’t have a lot of SU stuff, preferring to buy from many different companies and a wonderful LSS in VA. What I do have is high quality, and their patterned paper is gorgeous, not just the look, but how it feels, the hand, I guess you’d call it?

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2018, 02:56 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you don't have a good demo near you, I would go with someone like Dena Rekow who does lots of FB videos, has a VIP program etc to give you some help. And definitely wait til SAB to order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2018, 01:30 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

Thanks for the shout out, Sue.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2018, 06:28 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Since we’re doing shout-outs, I may do the $99 for $175 with Kitty Smith in Florida (on the SU site demo search box). She doesn’t post a lot - her husband recently had a double lung transplant (!), in case anyone would like to send her good wishes through her blog at bashfulcat.com or a PM at BashfulStamper here.

I’m in VA near DC and she’s in Florida, but across state lines, over the pond to the UK or beyond, the connections through SCS have no boundaries.

Last edited by bjeans; 12-28-2018 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: spacing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2018, 10:52 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
Thanks for the shout out, Sue.

Of course! I still miss the Stamp Cellar...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2018, 07:32 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

If I had $300 to spend I'd join for a quarter! You'd get $125.00 worth of product for $99.00! The items ship to you free. So no S&H! Then during SAB you could order the rest and get all kinds of goodies! Sometimes during SAB there is a sign-up special too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2018, 04:07 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Awww... thanks Beth! Getting to "virtually" know you is the best thing to come out of my time at SCS, and my experience as a demonstrator. :-)

Reply With Quote Likes