Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU Paper Snips vs. Cutter Bee scissors? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-paper-snips-vs-cutter-bee-scissors-40910/)

Chef Mama 04-04-2005 11:32 AM

SU Paper Snips vs. Cutter Bee scissors?

Does anyone have the Cutter Bee snip type scissors. I LOVE my SU rubber scissors. I wonder if the Cutter bee is as good as the SU paper snips & I could use a Michael's coupon. Thanks!

Lori

stampintlw 04-04-2005 11:37 AM

Don't have Cutter Bee, but I know I couldn't live without my SU! paper snips!!! Love them! :D

nary jane 04-04-2005 11:38 AM

i have both and they are similar. my cutterbees are older so i don't know how fair the following is, but...sometimes the blades try to cross a little on my cutterbees so they don't always give me the best cut. they're fine most of the time, i just have to be careful when using them. this may be an issue with all scissors that see a lot of use, i may have gotten a bum pair, or it might just be the way i hold them!

but the blades on the cutterbees are very sharp and they have the nice precision tip (same as su snips).

camsmom 04-04-2005 11:40 AM

don't have cutter bee (sorry) but I have heard they are very good-don't know about a comparison to SU's.

I would make sure they have a cover-the SU ones are super-sharp (great for cutting ribbon) so the cover does help protect them (and you :D )

mamakimberly 04-04-2005 11:48 AM

I believe they are the same :) Emily has both of them and said they are the same :)

She was totally FREAKING OUT when she couldn't find her snips the other day. I was like oh my WORD, calm DOWN child! She went out and bought Cutter Bees so she could stamp again.

Kimberly

LauraN 04-04-2005 11:53 AM

I LOVE my Cutterbee scissors! I don't know about the SU snips, but I hear they are the same.

StampinChrissylea 04-04-2005 11:54 AM

I had cutterbees before SU had papersnips and sung cutterbees praises high and low...got a pair of paper snips...they are exactly the same except packaged for SU by EK success. Love them!
Chris

emilymomto3boys 04-04-2005 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
I believe they are the same :) Emily has both of them and said they are the same :)

She was totally FREAKING OUT when she couldn't find her snips the other day. I was like oh my WORD, calm DOWN child! She went out and bought Cutter Bees so she could stamp again.

Kimberly

Dude, I CANNOT cut ribbon without my snips!!! (that was totally whiny too!) I got the cutter bees at Walmart for like 6.95 or something. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my snips, and if I don't find them I will buy another pair for workshops. They are so awesome and people love them.

stamperitis 04-04-2005 12:12 PM

The colour is different and that is all! However that being said I need to get both pair sharpened because I use them all the time at home and at workshops! lol The tips no longer cut the ribbon. I have to place them further up the blade and it isn't exactly a long blade. he he he :roll:

miss missy 04-04-2005 12:46 PM

I have the cutterbee scissors and love them, they are great, if you are looking for a deal and have a coupon I would go for them,

scrapgirl72 04-04-2005 12:47 PM

I have had the Cutterbees for a couple of years and love them for detail work. They are supersharp. I'm thinking about getting the non-stick version that is now available so I don't have to clean all the sticker stuff off them.

Melissa :D

peony 04-04-2005 01:06 PM

I have the SU snips, and in my opinion, they are worthless - a complete waste of money. I thought they would be good for close, detail cutting of stamps, but they cross over even cutting CS. They've never worked on rubber - they are way too weak! I just ordered some cutterbees based on opinions of those who have them. I'm hoping they'll work.

Alaskastamper 04-04-2005 01:09 PM

The snips aren't for rubber, they are paper snips. Now the big $19.95 rubber cutting scissors are for rubber, and they are also just as awesome as the paper snips.

I have the SU snips and Cutterbees, and have never had a problem. I use the SU for paper and my CB's for ribbon.

jeanstamping2 04-04-2005 01:13 PM

Love em!

I have a pair of Cutter Bee's I found them at WM, $7.99. I have a pair Rubber stamp scissor's that Use for cutting rubber...Chinese Sharp ones!!

Cutter Bee's come in 3 different colors...Orange, Green, And Blue

mamakimberly 04-04-2005 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peony
I have the SU snips, and in my opinion, they are worthless - a complete waste of money. I thought they would be good for close, detail cutting of stamps, but they cross over even cutting CS. They've never worked on rubber - they are way too weak! I just ordered some cutterbees based on opinions of those who have them. I'm hoping they'll work.

SU snips are called PAPER snips for a reason ;) They cut PAPER not rubber ;)

SU's rubber scissors are an entirely different product :)

Kimberly

wendalyn 04-04-2005 01:16 PM

I have multiple pairs of Cutterbees and while they are better than regular scissors they don't stay sharp for very long. Mine will no longer cut ribbon or anything fabricy... I am going to try the teflon pair they have and I might also try the SU pair.

nary jane 04-04-2005 01:22 PM

Re: Love em!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2
Cutter Bee's come in 3 different colors...Orange, Green, And Blue

this post reminds me, i actually have 2 pairs of cutterbees! the ones i mentioned having some probs with are the teflon ones. i also have a blue set but i've not used them so can't compare. for those interested, they also make pink ones (and it isn't just the handles that are colored, the blades are colored too!)

i didn't find that the teflon ones helped much with keeping adhesive off, they clean a little easier than normal scissors but adhesive still gets on them when cutting stickers and whatnot.

dmsd 04-04-2005 02:52 PM

I have the Honeybee (the non-stick) and I love them--they work real well for me-and I cut paper and ribbons with them--(I know, I should use them for one or the other :roll: ) I even cut the su real sticky tape with them, and they don't stick!

Stampmomma 04-04-2005 02:54 PM

I have the cutter bee from before I became a demo. They come with a case and I think they are the same as the SU paper snips. Therefore, I find they both work great.

meldan 04-04-2005 03:03 PM

I had my Cutterbees first and thought there could NEVER be better UNTIL I got my SU Snips!!! I Love my SU ones much better, smoother, sharper, love 'em. And speaking of scissors, I thought my Fiskars cut stamps well until I got my SU stamp cutters! Holy Moly! They cut through them like buddah' JMHO!

HowManyCats?! 04-04-2005 03:36 PM

I have COLOR bees (Pink ones!) and the blades are titanium and should stay sharp for a very long time. I LOVE them and have had them since before I became a demo. The SU Papersnips are on the list for my next big order because you can never have too many pairs of good snips! I'm a hobby demo and getting the 'real' stuff as I can - or as I can justify it.

Mom-of-one 04-04-2005 03:53 PM

:D YOU already knowwhat I am going to say.

TexasStampin 04-04-2005 04:18 PM

I have two pairs of CutterBees (regular and titatinum) and the Honey Bees (non stick surface). I love them for detail work but NONE of them cut ribbon. I love my paper snips for ribbon cutting but they blades are a little different than the cutterbees. So for fine detail, I still use my Cutterbees. I do love the Snips, but for different things!
Sharon

a_place_for_ink 04-04-2005 04:41 PM

So ARE SU's Paper snips and the TITANIUM cutter bee the same

I have both and I think both are great! And they are pretty much the same from what I can tell!

jdsgrl97 04-04-2005 04:49 PM

I have the cutter bees (like SU paper snips) and honeybees (teflon coated) and really like them both... but like MamaK said, they are for PAPER, so I don't use them to cut anything else. Also, as any of you seamstresses out there are probably well aware, paper is really hard on scissor blades - dulls them out over time... so they will have to be replaced sooner or later. Thanks, BTW, for mentioning the titanium blades - those might be a different story!

Jackie46 04-04-2005 05:04 PM

I have the COLORBees from Walmart...wonder if they are the same as Cutter Bees...anyways....I have some fiskars too and the colorbees aren't as good as the Fiskars (imo) but I haven't tried the SU ones.

jdsgrl97 04-04-2005 05:36 PM

Cutter Bees are the same as Color Bees - Cutter Bees are black and yellow and Color Bees can be (as I've seen them) blue and pink. HTH

Chef Mama 04-04-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom-of-one

HA! HA! You know my motto---if I can buy a non-su product of good quality w/ a coupon, that's all the more to spend on you! Uh, I mean on SU! hee-hee! After last week's installment to the MOm-of-one club, I may not be buying ANYTHING soon but beans & rice! Hey, kids can eat beans & rice while i stamp! Hurry stamps, hurry!!!!

From your favorite customer
Lori

emilymomto3boys 04-05-2005 05:20 AM

Quote:

Um, I agree with MamaK, they are called PAPER snips because they are for paper (and RIBBON!). If you used them on rubber you probably ruined them because you tried to cut something too thick for them. Maybe try tightening the screw or something, but honestly they could be shot. They are not for cutting things like that.

vdoyle8 04-05-2005 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Mama
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom-of-one

HA! HA! You know my motto---if I can buy a non-su product of good quality w/ a coupon, that's all the more to spend on you! Uh, I mean on SU!
From your favorite customer
Lori

Lori -- this is my motto also! In that vein - has anyone found rubber stamp scissors (like the 19.95 Su rubber stamp cutters) anywhere else? I would love to get a pair with a coupon somewhere...

Patra 04-05-2005 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
Quote:

Um, I agree with MamaK, they are called PAPER snips because they are for paper (and RIBBON!). If you used them on rubber you probably ruined them because you tried to cut something too thick for them. Maybe try tightening the screw or something, but honestly they could be shot. They are not for cutting things like that.

Exactly what I was going to say! Cutting rubber with precision scissors meant for paper will ruin them. I have scissors that I dedicate to individual jobs: fabric, paper, rubber & metal. Your poor little paper snips weren't meant for cutting big old mean rubber! :lol:

Chef Mama 04-05-2005 07:06 PM

Okay, I spent the money at Michael's w/ my coupon (sorry Veronica! Don't kick me off your mailing list :D ) to get the honeybee scissors (teflon).

I do have to say, I grew up w/ a sewing mom & became a seamstress (not by trade!), so we've always had 'special scissors' that we could ONLY use on fabric! I totally understand about not cutting paper w/ fabric scissors, etc.!

My girls can't TOUCH my SU scissors unless I'm there to watch!

Thanks for your input! I'll let you know when I start snippin'!

Lori