Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU master index (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-master-index-596964/)

eyestitch 02-24-2015 01:02 PM

SU master index

Does anyone know if there is a master SU index? I have been stamping for about 10 years and I have not kept track of the stamp sets I bought and what they originally sold for. (Who would have thought I would have so many!!!) Now I feel I should research the value of the different stamp sets. My demo says I should know that for insurance purposes.

muscrat 02-24-2015 02:21 PM

Someone put a link on here to a place that has previous catalogs, but I've never seen a link to a list. I did the tedious job of looking through all my catalogs and getting all that information, which wasn't as hard for me because I only started buying SU in 2009. For those who have been buying longer, that could be a long job. It took me a week to do mine.

gregzgurl 02-24-2015 03:59 PM

This gentleman has quite a few pdf files of catalogs - it might be a good place to start: Retired Catalogs - Stampin-Style

muscrat 02-24-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurl (Post 20906889)
This gentleman has quite a few pdf files of catalogs - it might be a good place to start: Retired Catalogs - Stampin-Style

That's the link I was trying to find for her sue! Thanks!

Lynn in St. Louis 02-25-2015 05:05 AM

WOW...What an invaluable resource this is. Thanks for the link.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurl (Post 20906889)

biblesistersmom 02-25-2015 05:26 AM

Awesome!

DianneB1030 02-25-2015 05:45 AM

I'm just curious why people need to know the original prices of sets. Is it to help decide what to sell them for, or for some other reason? Like I said, just wondering.

cobby 02-25-2015 06:00 AM

It's to get enough insurance coverage. If there were a fire or something it's good to know the value of all you have invested in so you can replace things.

LouisvilleCards 02-25-2015 06:33 AM

wow, that is a comprehensive list!

muscrat 02-25-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobby (Post 20907319)
It's to get enough insurance coverage. If there were a fire or something it's good to know the value of all you have invested in so you can replace things.

When I did my list I found I had $8000 in supplies!!! A little here and a little there adds up to a lot!! Now, that's not all stamps. That includes dies, paper, big shot, pencils, markers...any supply I own. But it sure was an eye opener! I just need to call my insurance company to raise my insurance.

Dragonwold 02-25-2015 12:15 PM

Not sure how insurance works where you are, but some types of things must be insured separately. Still an eye opener for content insurance for sure. I wonder though how insurance companies would calculate replacement value. Items like tv and appliances decrease in the payout the older they get

Skippet 02-25-2015 06:20 PM

Every time I have posted about an SU index, I get an unsolicited e-mail from someone wanting to sell me their SU index program in Excel. Unfortunately, it can't be edited as I would need to for my purposes, so I have never been interested in spending the money for it. They might still be sending out their info.

StamperDea 02-25-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

I don't think I can afford the insurance to cover what I've spent on supplies! LoL
Dea

DianneB1030 02-25-2015 06:41 PM

Thanks, that makes sense. Probably a good idea for me to get a rider for my craft supplies. I did for my beads and things when I made jewelry. I probably have as much invested in stamps and other tools by now as I did in beads.

Quote: