Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU glossy white paper? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-glossy-white-paper-196129/)

al_silver2 11-03-2006 11:25 AM

SU glossy white paper?

I got some glossy paper with my last order because I loved the samples that my demo had that used it. Now that I've got it and I've played around a bit, I'm not thrilled with the results:confused: Has anyone got any tips on how to get the best look using glossy paper? Any links to cards that used it to get me re-inspired again? Thanks so much!!

InkStazOnMe 11-03-2006 01:22 PM

What techniques have you tried?

scrown8301 11-03-2006 01:27 PM

Yeah what techniques have you tried? I love my glossy paper although I haven't used it nearly enough. Although I haven't been stamping much lately anyway. :rolleyes: Anyhow, I did a gallery search for glossy paper: Here you go! //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=Glossy+Paper&limit= If this link doesn't work then just go to the gallery home page and type in glossy paper in the search area. Here is just one I did with Glossy Paper. It is the polished stone technique. Although I did this card with just one color rather then multiple colors like normal. //www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=112223&cat=500&ppuser=38381
HTH (hope that helps) :mrgreen:

al_silver2 11-03-2006 02:21 PM

I didn't use any special techniques...just tried to stamp on it with basic black. I guess I found it wasn't very "forgiving" if I got more ink on the stamp one time vs. another. Does that make sense?? Anyhow, thanks for the links and doing the gallery search...I didn't know you could do that! Now I've got stuff to try!

Clear Stampin'Lady 11-03-2006 03:26 PM

You can a see few cards I have made using the Bubble technique, the wax paper resist technique, and the shaving cream technique (all on glossy paper) in the My Art section of my website - www.stampinladies.myctmh.com - I used Close To My Heart glossy paper, but I think SU would be the same. If you would like instructions on how to do these techniques, just ask...I'd be happy to send them to you.

Hope this helps you!

InkStazOnMe 11-03-2006 03:32 PM

Alanna, go to the top of the page and click on Resources. The next page will come up and you will be able to click on many different techniques.You will find LOTS of things you can do with Glossy Cardstock. The tutorials there show you step by step what to do! It's great! One warning though, once you see the techniques, you will want to try them ALL, so prepare to be VERY busy! :)

restongal 11-04-2006 09:46 AM

Alanna,
I have found that I use my glossy for the polished stone technique more than anything, there is an entire section for it in the gallery and a how to in resources.
Here is an example from my humble little gallery :)
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=155173&cat=500&ppuser=22686
Hope thats helps a little
Have fun

Kelster 11-05-2006 08:15 AM

I love the glossy paper. I stamp my image with stazon, then either use markers to color or I use the markers directly on the stamp and then on the paper. I personally love the paper because it almost looks like photo paper (follow me?). The Bundle Up set looks really cute cut out of the glossy and the Flakey Friends looks cute with stazon and then markers. it took me awhile before I started using it. My first attempts left me wondering why I bought it - but now, I am buying it all the time.

mmcandy 11-12-2006 07:11 AM

Hi ALL!
At the Providence Regional Conference I received a card in trade that was stamped on glossy paper, crayon resist with white for the snow and brayered ( is this a word!!) over the top in blue for background. It is a stunning card.
However, my attempts to recreate it have failed. The stays-on smeared and the crayon did not "resist" as dramatically as the original
Does anyone have any ideas to help me with!? I love the card and would love to use it at my Stamp a Stack event with very experienced stampers.
Thanks!
KAren

tkdtara84 11-16-2006 12:21 PM

I use su's basic black dye ink, and it's worked fine for me...I do let it dry for about 30 sec. to a minute before I start coloring over it, but I haven't had any problems. I'm loving the crayon resist technique-- I've just started going through the tutorials here and trying a couple every weekend or so, and I LOVE it. Check out the resources section at the top of the page-- there's lots to do with glossy.

Oh, and after I crayon resisted, I used daubers to put different colors of classic ink to color the flowers in and then rubbed it off with a paper towel, and nothing smeared at all.

mmcandy 11-16-2006 01:28 PM

Tara,
thank you for the advice. I will try again. I too have been having a great deal of fun trying the tutorials. I just completed my first attempt with stamping on candles. This was great fun! I am going to use this with a class at the end of the month I was soooo pleased with how easy it was and the results are fantastic!
KAren