Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU favorites (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-favorites-594624/)

HappyGirl 12-04-2014 06:57 AM

SU favorites

I belong to a monthly club that requires $15 purchase - what are your favorite things you buy from SU other than stamps? Thanks,

Illinois Marge 12-04-2014 07:24 AM

The coordinating card stock, inks, re-inkers (and matching ribbons, etc)

cobby 12-04-2014 07:26 AM

The Whisper White and Very Vanilla card stock are great. The super smooth surface gives you a great stamped image. It's an excellent layering weight, and can be the base of the card for CAS type cards but if you like to add lots of layers and embellishments this won't hold up to the extra weight. Still, worth the money in my opinion.
I also like many of their colors so will purchase the colored card stock and matching ink.

Cartermrc 12-04-2014 08:27 AM

I use their cs, inks and some DSP. My local store options are limited so I have to order a lot online anyway.
Their white and vanilla cs are my favorite for stamping and as bases for simple cards without a lot of layers.

SkyNacho 12-04-2014 08:50 AM

I usually buy my tombow mono adhesive from them. (It's the white and green bottle.) I can probably get it for cheaper elsewhere, but like you, I am in a club. I think it's 3.95 so it's something I often add when I am just shy of my $$ requirement but don't want to add on a whole extra stamp set or something.

I also like their linen thread, which is basically a kraft colored twine. It's my favorite version of twine.

I do like their cardstock, and I often pick up the in color variety pack, then full packs of colors I REALLY like (lost lagoon, I am talking about you). I also like that they now have pre-cut and scored card bases. If you're lazy about it like I am, you might like those. Also, envelopes.

This month, don't forget to look through the holiday mini, just to make sure there isn't anything in there you really wanted, since this is the last month it's available and there's no guarantee products will make it into the next big catalog.

If you use the cling-mount or photopolymer (ie, not wood) stamps, and you don't have acrylic blocks that you really love, SU's are very nice. They're heavy and they have beveled, smooth, comfy edges to hold onto.

istampustamp 12-04-2014 09:05 AM

(Let me start off by saying I'm a demonstrator...just so that's out there.) The punches are a must have for me and I love using ribbon....I have every single one (except the bulky chevron), and I love the little brads. The obvious is the cardstock & ink, but the punches are an excellent club order item.

Allistamps123 12-04-2014 09:21 AM

I am 90% SU! Love being part of the SU family. I've met so many great friends through SU.

Anywho.....I buy their card stock, ink, dsp, brads, I have the marker set I bought through a marker share. I use them lots, but now you can't buy individual marker Boo!

I have some of their dies and framelits, lots of their punches, things like paper piercing kit, foam dots, blender pens, twine and ribbon and buttons. I use these all a lot.

PikkuLilla 12-04-2014 01:53 PM

I love the coordinating cardstock, ribbons etc, but as I now have a lot of those as well as oodles of stamp sets I tend to stock up on adhesives (tombow glue, crystal effects, sticky strip) and packaging basics (boxes, bags, bakers twine). I also love some of the SU framelits - very versatile!

sparcl77 12-04-2014 03:45 PM

Their dimensionals are the best if you need a filler item that costs $4. I also make sure I have all the reinkers for my ink pads because they sell out quickly once they are on the retired list.

cnsteele 12-04-2014 04:34 PM

Dimensionals, linen thread, antique brads, Venetian crochet trim, naturals ivory and naturals white cardstock.....I never have trouble meeting my minimums (as a hobby demo)!

Makalah 12-04-2014 09:01 PM

#1 - rhinestones!
dimensionals, pearls, paper doilies, grid paper, ink refills... some of the little things, but hard for me to stamp without them! :)

Makalah 12-04-2014 09:04 PM

Depending on when your club order is due, check out the clearance rack. It will be updated in about an hour (12 am MT) with new clearance products! Maybe you can get some with your club order and get more for your club money! :)

sprtchick 12-04-2014 09:51 PM

Dies and embossing folders.
Blessings

allee's 12-05-2014 04:06 AM

My SU orders are 90% paper and with every order I throw in dimensionals and sponges!

Annecards 12-05-2014 04:54 AM

I love SU, what's not to like? SU paper with their coordinating inkpads & reinkers are wonderful. My favorite paper is "Whisper White", I get the shakes if I'm running low:D SU envelopes are the best in my book! I can't forget the envelope framelits, love them too. I'm really happy they've started selling polymer stamps, and we don't have to wait for a big release to have new designs. I'm hoping they have more & more. No I'm not a demonstrator, but I do think it's wonderful they have the option. Kutos to you demonstrators out there, thank you for your tutorials, blogs, & videos:cool:

Boss 12-06-2014 06:03 AM

My No. 1 Favorite of SU is their linen thread. It is unique on the market - lightweight, delicate and ties like a dream. And the perfect tan color that goes with everything.

No. 2 on my list is SU Dimensionals. Again, unique. Not one bit of waste with this product, you can use every bit and I think it still is about a penny for each piece. And they have great adhesion, too!

Framelits are also a favorite. I've discovered that I rarely use the stamp set that I bought to go with the framelit set. Wish I had realized this earlier, it would have saved me a lot of $$ that could have been used to buy more Framelits.

sc magnolia 12-06-2014 07:50 AM

Linen thread, dimensionals, cardstock and coordinating punches. I also love to get embossing folders and DSP that coordinate with stamp sets.

PikkuLilla 12-06-2014 02:51 PM

Ok now I think I definitely need to try the SU linen thread...! LOL. Seems to be a firm favourite for many of you :)