Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   ? for SU Demos (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-demos-422139/)

stamp1 02-26-2009 11:40 AM

? for SU Demos

I have a question re: hostess benefits. I'm having my annual SU party soon and I've always been a bit confused about this. . . Let's say I qualify for $35 in benefits and I want a stamp set that costs $36.95. Can't I just pay the extra $1.95 for it? My demo says I have to choose something that costs under $35, that I can't make up the difference. This doesn't seem right to me since there is never a way to get the items total to add up exactly to the hostess benefit amount, so I'm always shorted a couple of dollars in benefits. Is she correct about this? ''

Thanks for your help

bubbasprincess 02-26-2009 11:43 AM

Yes you can pay the extra $. I just had a customer do it. She had $15 in benies and wanted a set that was $17.95 so she paid the extra $1.95 to me.

krystie lee 02-26-2009 11:45 AM

Your demo is mistaken, you can pay the difference.

jacquie44 02-26-2009 11:48 AM

Right you can do this I am a new SU demo but I have always been able to do this even as a hostess myself

HTH

stamp1 02-26-2009 11:51 AM

Thanks for your answers! I didn't think it seemed quite right. Now I'll have to figure out how to tell her I can do this. I've tried to pay the extra amount before and she's told me I needed to change my order. This will be my 10th party with her and she's always said I couldn't pay the difference. Any suggestons on how I should go about this without making her feel bad about the mistake all these years? She's also a personal friend of mine.

babydal57 02-26-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp1 (Post 13249341)
Thanks for your answers! I didn't think it seemed quite right. Now I'll have to figure out how to tell her I can do this. I've tried to pay the extra amount before and she's told me I needed to change my order. This will be my 10th party with her and she's always said I couldn't pay the difference. Any suggestons on how I should go about this without making her feel bad about the mistake all these years? She's also a personal friend of mine.

Maybe you could suggest that she call demo support to verify as you know a number of other demos who can do this.

Maybe the rules have changed since she became a demo and she just didn't keep up with it. In any case, you are doing her a favor by pushing this as I'm sure you're not the only hostess who would like this option. ;)

stamp1 02-26-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57 (Post 13249382)
Maybe you could suggest that she call demo support to verify as you know a number of other demos who can do this.

Maybe the rules have changed since she became a demo and she just didn't keep up with it. In any case, you are doing her a favor by pushing this as I'm sure you're not the only hostess who would like this option. ;)

Thank you. I'll have her do that. I can also tell her I saw this discussed on a SCS thread :D

Marcee 02-26-2009 12:00 PM

Hmm.........odd. Maybe she doesn't know??

I know you can't pay the difference on a stamp set when you sign up to be a demo on the starter, but my demo has always told me I can pay the difference on an actual "credit" from SU!

bubbasprincess 02-26-2009 01:21 PM

LOL Just noticed that should say my customer paid me the extra $2.95 not $1.95. I hope you get it all worked out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbasprincess (Post 13249257)
Yes you can pay the extra $. I just had a customer do it. She had $15 in benies and wanted a set that was $17.95 so she paid the extra $1.95 to me.

craftdoc 02-26-2009 04:18 PM

SU will calculate what they call "hostess overage". You will get charged shipping and tax only on what is overage (the amount over what you qualified to get free). If your demo uses the "Hostess Benefits form" it is all spelled out there, step by step.

stamp1 02-26-2009 07:57 PM

Big thanks to all of you who've helped me out here! Kim, I'll make sure she's using that form. It's been maybe 2 or 3 years since I've tried to pay the difference, so maybe she is doing that now anyway. I just wanted to make sure I had the right info for this year, just in case.

Thanks again!