Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-30-2006, 01:40 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Cool SU Conspiracy Theory

Aargghh!! I am so frustrated that I don't have my 'complimentary' catalog yet! I am sitting here, wishing so hard that I had one, that I am getting delusional. Anybody else think this a subtle slap in the face to all of us hobby demos who don't need to 'order' catalogs? It makes me so mad that there are so many of us demos who will not see the catalog before 'normal' customers do. I know that SU had that hobby demo love letter on the website last week, but I, for one, do not feel loved! (sigh)
Old 06-30-2006, 02:04 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

No because plenty of demos who ordered a box of cattys didn't get/haven't gotten their comp catty. It's just weird how SU! has done this.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Personally,
I think SU is using yet another tactic to get demonstrators to purchase more items. If demonstrators have to wait long enough to receive their complimentary copies, many will give in and purchase a case just to get their hands on one.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:29 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.

I got my comp catty...I'm more PO'd that I haven't gotten the box of catties I PAID for!

Old 06-30-2006, 02:41 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Something tells me that they decided to do the online so they wouldn't have to get organized and get the cattys shipped so fast.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2006, 04:35 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I have been a demonstrator for 8 years. We always get our catalog very close to the date that it starts, and preordered catalogs often come a bit earlier. It's just the way they do it - no conspiracy.
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Old 06-30-2006, 05:09 PM   #7  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Funny thread!

Um, no sane demo is going to spend the bucks to get a box of catties if she doesn't have people to give them to! Doh. But it's sure funny to think anyone might believe that.

And funny to see a comment that SU! is so dis-organized that they had to put the catty online.

Really, you all have me rolling here!

I don't have my complimentary copy either.

Really, Kim has it right. The complimentary ones tend to arrive right around the first, while the boxes tend to arrive a few days ahead of time. Most US demos got their boxes this week.

I got mine Wednesday late afternoon.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Old 06-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

My comp catty came this afternoon, and my 2 preordered cases arrived yesterday. I am a hobby demo, with only a handful of customers and the occasional workshop, and I don't feel slighted.

We were specifically told multiple times that arrival dates were NOT guaranteed, you know, although every effort was being made to get them into our hot little hands before the first of the month.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 06-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose
Funny thread!

Um, no sane demo is going to spend the bucks to get a box of catties if she doesn't have people to give them to! Doh. But it's sure funny to think anyone might believe that.
My demo must be insane then because she has 29 catalogs from last year for sale for $1 each. She bought them so if people at parties wanted them she could give them to them on the spot. Doh?
Old 06-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #10  

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle1974
My demo must be insane then because she has 29 catalogs from last year for sale for $1 each. She bought them so if people at parties wanted them she could give them to them on the spot. Doh?
No. There's a BIG difference.

At the END of the year, demos often are "stuck" with catties they thought they would give away during the year. If she has 29 catalogs left, that's WAY more than a case. (There's 8 in a box.)

We are talking about the small-time hobby demo that isn't sure she will be giving one away, let alone 8!!! She doesn't pre-order a box because she's just in it for her own little discount! It's quite common, actually!!!!

The comment was that it was a ploy by SU! to get the hobby demos to order a case. You can't argue it both ways at the same time. No changing the subject in mid-discussion.

I am ALMOST a true hobby demo. I ordered one box, and expect it to last all year. I have 3 friends that buy with me, and I charge them what it costs me. I do NOT solicit sales from anyone, in fact, I have NO desire to do a real workshop. Just not my thing and I don't Need to. I'm happy being a little person with a discount. I send one catty to my sister who's always broke, so she can pick out stuff for me to get for her birthday and Christmas. Anyway, my friends and I realized it's cheaper to go in on a box of catalogs than to order just one apiece on an order form!!! So that's what we do. I keep an extra one for myself, because I like to have one here at the computer and one in my stamping room.

See, no big mystery.

Old 06-30-2006, 06:26 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to Fayp

I'm still quite new at this SU demonstrator stuff, however, it was very disappointing to read that everyone had been getting their cattys and I hadn't yet received mine. Although I think that demonstrators should be given an advance copy of the catty to place orders and plan workshops. I've had a few workshops and no real customer base and think if some of my past customers new I had an advance copy of the catty it would spark their interest to book workshops and spread the word. But that's just my opinion.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:30 PM   #12  

Fay, there's more discussion of this on the demo board. The short of it is, some Canadian demos did get theirs last week. Most of us in the US got them this Tuesday-Thursday, not exactly long before July 1. Personally, I'd love it if they mailed the demo ones out in time to get here around the 25th of June, with the boxes to arrive several days later. Then demos would definitely have them before customers.

But I also know that if you want precise mailings, you need to pay someone to do that. Frankly, if it helps keep costs down, I'll take the variability.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:04 PM   #13  
Forum Fanatic

I wish that I was in the 'most demos' catagory! I'm still waiting for either comp or my pre-order box (and I'm a true hobby demo and this is my first new catty roll out and I was so paranoid that I wouldn't get the comp catty so I pre-ordered one box just to be able to SEE it in real life!) and I'm so disappointed that I recieved NOTHING!! sniff sniff sniff-----
Old 06-30-2006, 09:05 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Default Hmm.

I don't have my catty yet. Last year I ordered 2 boxes for my "customers" who informed me afterward that they would not all be continuing. I was stuck with a full box leftover, but fortunately used'em up. This year I said screw it and didn't preorder because I felt like I was burned by customers last year. Boo, hoo, I know.

Anyway, last year I had my new catty 2 days before my paid cattys came, and before the 05 one was gone.

I'm thinkin' I'm just unlucky, but it is fun to toy with the idea that SU is wicked rather than constantly being part of the "don't let this happen to you" bunch.

Please follow my blog.... I am typing into cyberspace! www.centsablesaving.blogspot.com
Old 06-30-2006, 10:00 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Just goes to show you can't make everyone happy! If SU sent out the catty early everyone would be complaining about having the catty for 2 weeks and not being able to order. SU originally was going to put the catty online a few days ago and there were complaints about that. The truth is, it is not up to SU when the catty gets delivered. They do not personally go out and deliver the catty! They rely on UPS to deliver the preorders and USPS to deliver the comp. (and we all know how reliable the US postal service is!) They *try* to get the catties to everyone around the same day, but short of sending them out via overnight express, some will get theirs before others. (I am one of the people anxiously awaiting the online catalog to view it and probably won't be able to get my hands on an actual one until July 21) Don't forget, just a few years ago they didn't start sending the catalogs out until after convention!

Maybe next year they can hire 500,000+ messengers to coordinate delivery to the exact second!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:07 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

People take a deep breath. I know everyone is looking forward to see what is new, but in the end it just is a bunch of paper with pretty pictures. The world is not going to end if you don't see it the exact second it turns July 1st. You've got a whole year to spend money and look through it.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's online NOW!
John 3:16