Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Which SU colors will you miss/won't miss? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-colors-will-you-miss-wont-miss-486543/)

nabush 04-06-2010 01:34 PM

Which SU colors will you miss/won't miss?

Just curious!!

I'll miss Close to Cocoa, Lovely Lilac, and Ballet Blue.

I won't miss Taken with Teal, Almost Amethyst, and Apricot Appeal.

Nancy

UnderstandBlue 04-06-2010 01:38 PM

OMG I didn't notice Ballet Blue. I'm officially in mourning.

GardenB 04-06-2010 01:41 PM

I'm sorry to see Cocoa, Caramel and Moss go, but I know there'll be others that can replace these.

barb

Allistamps123 04-06-2010 01:56 PM

I'll miss Bordering Blue, Almost Amethyst, Sage Shadow, & Yo Yo Yellow
I won't miss any of the others

cardmaker2 04-06-2010 02:05 PM

I'll miss amethyst and mellow moss the most. I have just lately been enjoying ballet blue and teal but as mentioned, I know I am going to like the new ones. I am excited to see expresso and some of the previous in colors back again.

Overall I am really glad to see the revamping. It is overdue and will make the new catalogue fresh and exciting.

btanc14 04-06-2010 02:23 PM

Most of the colors being retired I didn't use much of anyway, but the colors I'll miss the least are Taken with Teal, Handsome Hunter, Really Rust, Glorious Green and Blush Blossom. I'm not sure how I feel about the change in colors yet. I guess it's sort of exciting, however I own the complete set of markers in the carrying case and now I'll have to buy new markers and they won't have a spot in the case!

Erin K 04-06-2010 02:41 PM

I'll miss:
Yo Yo Yellow
Only Orange
Blush Blossom
Apricot Appeal
Barely Banana
Cameo Coral
Summer Sun

Dang that's a lot. But I'm not devistated over them, I just know I use those some.

I won't miss the rest. And Horrid Orchid being gone will bring me great joy. (kidding, it's not like I've been FORCED to use it)

I might miss Taken With Teal. I don't use it tons, but I like knowing it's there.

Overall I'm excited.

RubberLady603 04-06-2010 02:44 PM

Sniff.......Creamy caramel! and Ballet Blue! But I'm so excited for some fresh new colors.

angelinoregon 04-06-2010 02:44 PM

i'm already missing:
close to cocoa
ballet blue
glorious green (that is my go to christmas color)
yoyo yellow (the only SU yellow i like)

not going to miss:
bordering blue
brocade blue
handsome hunter
blush blossom

jaydeestamping 04-06-2010 02:49 PM

You know... I sat down last night and pulled out the colors that were retiring and realized that I was REALLY going to miss Mellow Moss. Then I thought... oh no... Ruby Red - but realized I was getting Red Riding Hood Red back! Taken with Teal I'll miss a little - but I'm getting Pacific Point back!
So.... on the miss most side - really just Mellow Moss. I'll also miss Only Orange occasionally.
I definitely - under no circumstances will miss Gable Green. :-)
Overall, I'm really excited.
Jaydee

twinwillowsfarm 04-06-2010 02:53 PM

I'll miss Going Gray, I use it all the time for water coloring. Also Creamy Caramel, Mellow Moss and Almost Amethyst. I'm buying reinkers... LOTS of reinkers!

I'm thrilled to see back:
Riding Hood Red
Wild Wasabi
Pacific Point
Rich Razzleberry
Soft Suede

Can't wait to see Daffodil Delight and Early Expresso in real life.

A little disappointed that we're left with so few greens, yellows and purples. The new palette is strongly pink/red. It gives the overall appearance of being more "girly". And I'm the only being in my household that produces estrogen. *sigh*

Paper Junky 04-06-2010 02:55 PM

You mean to tell me I JUST bought (rec'd TODAY) ALL of the Stampin' spots AND REFILLS AND NOW they're going to retire half of them!! THAT'S JUST BLEEPIN' GREAT!!!

Cartermrc 04-06-2010 03:15 PM

I'll miss some of the retiring Soft Subtles like Barely Banana, Sage Shadow and Pale Plum. I'm happy to see Wild Wasabi and River Rock back, I had to find those after they retired. I have 5 others of the returning Incolors in paper and ink. The Regals really needed a change and I won't miss any of the retiring Bold Brights. There seems to be far less purples and greens than before. And now only 10 colors per family, there are a lot of ink pad storage systems that are set up with columns for 12. Glad I didn't invest in a storage system. I can always hope that they will redesign their ink pad holder.

You know, maybe this is why their ribbon and accessories seemed low in color choices the last couple of years. They were planning this big revamping.

Personally I'm glad I'm not a demo. I'd be mighty put out if I'd just invested in all the color families and then, nope, this and that are retired and you can't show them to customers anymore. :(

pricecheck 04-06-2010 03:16 PM

What about Kraft??? Is it going to be discontinued? I hope not.

frogwoman 04-06-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper Junky (Post 16453771)
You mean to tell me I JUST bought (rec'd TODAY) ALL of the Stampin' spots AND REFILLS AND NOW they're going to retire half of them!! THAT'S JUST BLEEPIN' GREAT!!!

If you haven't opened them, call your demonstrator to return them.

hollylogic 04-06-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paper Junky (Post 16453771)

Hon, you might want to check your order form or talk with your demo to get the details of the returns policy.

hollylogic 04-06-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricecheck (Post 16453905)

It's being renamed--Crumb Cake--and they're adding ink, pastels etc. in that color now too!

Nina Lee 04-06-2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pricecheck (Post 16453905)

they renamed it and now we get matching ink too.

LateBlossom 04-06-2010 03:24 PM

Change is inevitable, but oh so sad. I'm actually happy to see some colors go (orchid opulence, AKA fairy vomit, for instance), but it's going to be weird. My brain is wired with the four color families, and the new organization is going to take getting used to.

My first response is that I will buy whatever new SU colors catch my fancy (Wasabi and River Rock reinkers and paper are MUSTS for me, but why oh WHY didn't they bring back cool caribbean?!?!). I'll also buy more PTI.

My sympathies to demos and to those who only recently invested in the color families. Frustration can't even begin to describe what you must be feeling right now!

Hugs to you.

willosmama 04-06-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossom (Post 16453948)
Change is inevitable, but oh so sad. I'm actually happy to see some colors go (orchid opulence, AKA fairy vomit, for instance), but it's going to be weird. My brain is wired with the four color families, and the new organization is going to take getting used to.

My first response is that I will buy whatever new SU colors catch my fancy (Wasabi and River Rock reinkers and paper are MUSTS for me, but why oh WHY didn't they bring back cool caribbean?!?!). I'll also buy more PTI.

My sympathies to demos and to those who only recently invested in the color families. Frustration can't even begin to describe what you must be feeling right now!

Hugs to you.

LOL! I think I heard the Heavens part and angels sing when I read that was *finally* going away!

gram2boyz 04-06-2010 03:50 PM

In all reality, I don't use my markers or the colored inks very much. I'd like to see a colection of SU colors in colored pencils, since I almost exclusively use the gamasol technique. Markers just don't cut it for me anymore.

Englishrose 04-06-2010 03:58 PM

I can't believe they're getting rid of Really Rust and Close to Cocoa. Rust is the most fabulous colour and I reach for it all the time.

StampingShawn 04-06-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Englishrose (Post 16454210)
I can't believe they're getting rid of Really Rust and Close to Cocoa. Rust is the most fabulous colour and I reach for it all the time.

I'm with you on the Really Rust, I Really love that color! :( I'm so sad about Cameo Coral. I literally shouted out, "NO" and scared the heck out of my dog when I saw that it was going. Also what's the deal with not bringing back dear old Cool Caribbean? That color is sheer perfection! It especially went well with Cameo Coral and black... I can't believe it!

jennik 04-06-2010 05:02 PM

What!!! Colors are going away?!!?? What until I get hold of my demo!! She never even said anything. From what I have read so far, Mellow Moss, Banana, and Amythest are the ones I will miss the most. Glad Red riding hood is coming back. LOVE that one!!
jennik

MrsStack79 04-06-2010 05:05 PM

I'm going to miss Really Rust, Mellow Moss Cameo Coral, and Ruby Red. I can't believe they didn't bring Purely Pomagrante back!

lilstamp 04-06-2010 06:09 PM

I will miss Lovely Lilac, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace, the most. I love purples.

stillstampin 04-06-2010 06:13 PM

I'm going to miss Mellow Moss, Sage, Really Rust, Close to Cocoa and Ruby Red. I will not miss any of the Bold Brights. SU got it right - they're only keeping Real Red and Tempting Turquoise - they're the only ones I used anyway. I'll just stock up on the ones I like - we've been doing that with in-colors for years. I'm really excited about the changes - about time!!

Momofoneson 04-06-2010 06:16 PM

I am very glad I didn't sign up with SU. I think it is pretty sad that they are getting rid of colors when we all have the ink and markers that match.

threefurbabiesmom 04-06-2010 06:25 PM

I think I will miss Handsome Hunter the most. I'm definitely going to stock up on cardstock before it's gone.

I don't think I'm going to miss Cameo Coral or Orchid Opulence at all.

Glitterboo212 04-06-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsStack79 (Post 16454766)
I'm going to miss Really Rust, Mellow Moss Cameo Coral, and Ruby Red. I can't believe they didn't bring Purely Pomagrante back!

I'm really surprised also, but I wonder if Cherry Cobbler will be close!

Happy that Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette are coming back!

The only reason I wish they kept Orchid Opulence is that it goes so well with Rich Razzleberry! And I love "Cottage Wall" DSP.

Qbee 04-06-2010 06:37 PM

Will miss: not having a light purple (especially lavender lace)
Will not miss: Glorious Green (my ink pad even had an unpleasant odor)
Can't wait for: Marina Mist

LuckyGirl 04-06-2010 06:47 PM

Will Miss:
Pixie Pink
Pink Passion
Close to Coca
Brocade Blue
Mellow Moss

Won't Miss:
Ruby Red
Cameo Coral
(they both remind me of grapefruit and I never knew what to do with them other than some instances when I would sponge with them to change a hue)
Orchid Opulence (fairy vomit made me LOL)
actually, pretty much all of the BBs except for PxyPnk and PnkPss
Taken with Teal
Handsome Hunter- realized this past x-mas when making cards that shade of green is just a little too dark for me.

I have so many full packs of soft subtles that have remained unused since 2004...soooo, I guess my tastes have changed and it's time for something new.

PSUKim05 04-06-2010 06:47 PM

Omg, how sad is this!?!?! I will miss a lot of the retiring colors - Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Taken with Teal, Lavender Lace, Ballet Blue, Close to Cocoa, Going Gray, Summer Sun, Green Galore... :cry:

I am also one of those people who recently received a lot of new ink pads, too - I got all of the full size pads (all 4 color families) for Christmas. Bummer :(

I will say I am excited to see Wild Wasabi and River Rock - have heard good things about those two colors, but wasn't into stamping when they were "in". And I am definitely excited to see Baja Breeze come back again!! Some of the other new colors do look like they'll be fun, too.

Does anyone know if they are going to make a new color wheel? Will they still have new "in colors" each year? And a kind of off-topic question: When will the retiring list for DSP/Specialty paper and stamps be released?

Qbee 04-06-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSUKim05 (Post 16455686)
Does anyone know if they are going to make a new color wheel? Will they still have new "in colors" each year? And a kind of off-topic question: When will the retiring list for DSP/Specialty paper and stamps be released?

No new color wheel, but a new color coach. From what I have seen it will be a lot more useful than the old color wheel. It will be in a swatch format that you can fan it out. Each swatch around 2" x 3" (I'm guessing). On the back there will be compatible colors. There will also be a section that talks about color theory.

Yes, new in-colors each year. Five new in-colors this year and they will last two years. Then we will add five new in-colors next year which will also last two years and so on.

The stamp set last chance list will be released on June 1st.

Craftlover 04-06-2010 07:40 PM

Is there a completed list of all the retiring colors?
Can someone make up one so that we can stock up?
This is the first time I hear about all the retiring pads and inks.
Thank you all for the info.

basketostamps 04-06-2010 07:42 PM

I won't miss any of them. The new collections are beautiful!!!

11Valerie11 04-06-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craftlover (Post 16456208)

This link from another thread has a link you can follow:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...68&postcount=8

RIRed2 04-06-2010 07:44 PM

I will mis the lavenders.

Debra Hogg 04-06-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craftlover (Post 16456208)

Second that motion