Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU IN COLORS ribbon ? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-colors-ribbon-384981/)

katiesrn 09-24-2008 09:26 AM

SU IN COLORS ribbon ?

Hi girls,
I belong to a stamp club. Last night was our meeting. I went to place my order and am SO FRUSTRATED that SU does not offer the In Colors in a solid color! I LOVE the Pacific Blue but do not like the striped ribbon, it is too wide for me. Any suggestions? TIA !!

GreenDragonLady 09-24-2008 09:28 AM

You could try dyeing white ribbon.

momofour26 09-24-2008 09:32 AM

yeah thats a good idea, Jessica!
Buy a Pacific point reinker and buy the smaller twill tape in the back of the SU catalog! I dont know if you could tie a bow with the twill tape like a ribbon... Hope you find a solution that works for you Katie!

jreks 09-24-2008 09:33 AM

The white taffeta dyes really easily. Just run it over your inkpad, holding the ribbon to the ink pad with a sponge dauber. You can also hold it with your finger if you don't mind getting kinda inky!

katiesrn 09-24-2008 09:52 AM

YOU GUYS ROCK! I am super excited to try it!

jdmeeks 09-24-2008 11:26 AM

I dye the white tafetta ribbon with Copic markers and it works great! I also dislike the striped wide grograin.

http://jami.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/page/3/

Pacific Point - B06 Peacock Blue

Baja Breeze - BG72 - Ice Ocean

Pink Pirouette - RV00 Water Lily

Kiwi Kiss - YG03 - Yellow Green

Tangerine Tango - YR09 Chinese Orange

Riding Hood Red - R37 Carmine

The only one that’s not a really great match is the Kiwi - Yellow Green. The rest are super close. Click on the chart below to view it full size. You’ll see a scallop circle swatch of the cardstock next to a large swath of marker color and below that you’ll see SU white taffeta ribbon that has been dyed with the marker.

kphorse 09-24-2008 12:36 PM

Thanks for the In Color numbers!

stacey carter 09-24-2008 04:59 PM

I dye the white gross grain ribbon also with reinkers. Works greater.

queenoe 09-24-2008 08:19 PM

What a great idea! I was wishing the same thing, cause I don't like the wide ribbon either and I wank the new Pink!

MaeganXeno 09-24-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacey carter (Post 11436361)
I dye the white gross grain ribbon also with reinkers. Works greater.

I do this also.

I think there was a "recipe" of sorts to do this. The suggestion was to put a tiny bit of water in a cup or something, with some drops of the reinker...more ink, deeper pigment on the grosgrain. BUT, I found that wetting the grosgrain and then sort of running it across my pad works also (and quicker) when I need it NOW! ;)

GreenDragonLady 09-25-2008 03:15 AM

I dye my taffeta ribbon with my SU markers. Obviously this wouldn't work with the in colors, but I wonder if you could do reinkers and a blender pen. I'll have to try that.

wendykins 09-25-2008 03:34 AM

I dye the white grosgrain, so easy and drys so quick! Try it!

row4d 09-25-2008 03:40 AM

I've found that the water and reinker soak method works better and gives you a longer-lasting result -- with the ink pad or marker methods, I've gone back to the card days or weeks later and found that the color has "faded" as the ink migrated farther into the core of the ribbon! :(

luv my dolly 09-25-2008 04:13 AM

I believe that the recipe for water and reinkers is 2 parts water to 1 part reinker. I start with this and then add more reinker if I need a deeper color or more water if I want it lighter.

HTH:p

STAMPINGODDESS 09-25-2008 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenDragonLady (Post 11431097)
You could try dyeing white ribbon.

Plus, if you look in the catalog there is an excellent instruction on how to dye your ribbon.

sprtchick 09-26-2008 01:10 PM

I love being able to make in color ribbons....lovely.
Blessings

isewquilts2 09-26-2008 01:21 PM

I found some small ziploc bags that I use to dye ribbon. I put my "recipe" of reinker + water into the ziploc bag (I'm still experimenting with the "recipe" amounts), put in about a yard of ribbon, zip the bag and then "smoosh" (don't ya love the technical terms?) the ribbon into the dye for a short time. No mess--I throw away the bag when I'm done and all of the reinker + water solution is gone.

isewquilts2