Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Default SU Color families

HI all, I am going to sign up as a Su demo asap and I wanted some advice about which color inks to purchase with my big first order. Do recommend getting one enire color family or a few from each family? also, how do you feel about the new In colors? Should i demo with these or not bother since they will (probably) be out of the next catalog?TIA!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I would go find examples of what you would like to demo to start with, and then choose those colors and sets. I would definately get Choc Chip since it's such an in color right now, and a couple colors that coordinate with it. Another option is to think about the coming holiday season and pick colors you can use for that type of demoing. Good luck! Oh, by the way, SU has quite a few examples on their site an in their welcome material that use the exact items that they recommend, so if you want ideas for stuff you know you will have, you could get what they recommend.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #3  
Glitter Queen

When I bought my kit (7 years ago), I made some changes without thinking about color. (I had never stamped or been to a workshop before... just signed up so someone would teach me to stamp!) So I ended up with SS cardstock and BB inks and it was hard to demo nice, coordinating projects. I would stick with one color family to show how easy it is to coordinate. That way you don't have to supplement your starter kit right away.

Marsha