Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #121  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the cover feels funky. I'm trying to find out if the local office store can cover it with the plastic coating because the feel is really icky (and no, I don't want to have them rebind it). Oh and btw, it feels even worse if you are in a very humid room. ;)

I actually like the color of the cover though. I don't know if I'm right or not but it seems like they used a nice assortment of colors in the samples. I have felt that recently the catalogs have been a bit IC heavy on the samples but this catalog seems different.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 AM   #122  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy knitterView Post
I showed my hubby what everyone is saying about the giraffe. He said that he saw what we meant, and that it sure looked like the elephant stepped in it!
Hahaha, it does!! Add that to

Quote:

Originally Posted by troopersmaView Post
Not SU...but when I was a CTMH demo there was a set that had a stamp with lips in it. The lips were just an outline with an x in the middle. No matter how I looked at that stamp...it looked like a sphincter! LOL. My upline said I better keep that thought to myself or else none of my customers would buy it!
and we could make quite a card.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2009, 06:46 AM   #123  
Stampin' Fool

LOL!! I thought my catalogue was just dirty/dusty from it's travels.
I wondered why I couldn't clean it off!!
Stampin' blog here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

I thought the cover felt just fine ... I actually like it! But a few catalogs ago, my demo gave me a plastic cover for my catalog and I always put it on the current one. I love it to keep the catalog looking nice plus the pockets are really deep so I can tuck minis under them, and wish lists, etc.

Maybe if you don't like it, you can ask your demo about a cover
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 05:17 AM   #125  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

AUGGGGGGGGGGGG! still can't see the new catty - just the cover, but it looks cute
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 06:15 AM   #126  
Kookie Creator

:( Sorry Karen, but the catty isn't due to be up for another couple of hours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #127  
Pearl-ExPert

I agree with everyone about the stamp sets. The only set I want is Medallion on page 133. The dog set a third grader could have designed better. The giraffe's tail is sticking out is what makes him look like he is going potty. The teachers pet stamp set is not something I would use as a teacher. I thought the Bees looked like the Bees in Sinefelds BEE movie. All in all not crazy about the new catty. Maybe my tastes are changing and SU isn't the end all for me anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #128  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I do have the set and have used it and none of my buddies realized the difference. I used my Frankie stamp from Whippersnapper and they loved it. I wouldn't worry about it and "what if the Hokey Pokey really is what's all about?"
Okay!!!! Makes sense....I kind of thought the same about people not realizing the difference and I agree...totally, "What if the Hokey Pokey is what's it's all about?" I've worked with young kids all my life..teaching preschool & kindergarten and I'm quite sure that's what life is about...FUN! So that fun set is back on my list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #129  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Finally got my catty!! yipee!! I have to agree with the flamigo/ostrich (pg 72). I haven't had much time to go through the entire catty, but I can tell already that there are a lot less "must have" stamps.
jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is cracking me up! I'll come back when I have the catalog in hand. I looked online but it's too hard to remember what all I thought was "hmmmm" worthy.

I LOVE the poop giraffe though.

Also the octopus that goes with the ostrich is ADORABLE.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #131  
Gallery Gazer

I finally made it through this hilarious thread! Holy cow, I was laughing out loud. I think my DH thinks I am crazy!! I sooo agree about the pooping giraffe, scary owl, creepy pet sentiments, sock monkeys, Easter cowboy - to name a few. I can't wait to see what more hmmmmm moments there will be tomorrow. I will definitely have to look more closely at my catty!

Thanks for all the great laughs! I really needed it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 04:02 AM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think the cowboy through the holidays set is super funny! Riding an Easter Bunny? hahaha. I don't think I'll get it. I have no attachment to cowboys. But I do really think it's a cute set.

Goes to show there ae different things for different folks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #133  
Rubber Obsessor

Re the cover of the new catty - i LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - It's like plasticoated or rubberized - sort of like some of the cases you can get for a cell phone, neoprene or something like that - not sure if I have the right word there. I couldn't stop feeling and touching it. I was so excited when I first got to see and then touch, it was like ooh, wow, ooh. I still love it every time I get to pick it up. And no, not a demo, an equal opportunity stamper/collector. Also LOVE that cowboy on the rabbit - it's such a funny image I may end up getting it just for that stamp almost - not for Easter or anything, just because it's comical and makes me laugh. I never really got those stick figure stamp sets but apparently others do so it's just something that doesn't appeal to me is all. The set with the giraffe that everyone is talking about - it's just a different style of drawing/artwork - to me anyway. Actually the owl in that set is one of the cuter owls I've seen. To me it's all just different styles of drawing/artwork and thank gawd I don't love it all or I'd REALLY be in trouble!!!!! = ))
Oh, things that make you go hmmm: that they took out Playful Petals (the set that matches the Tea Party paper) and some of the other sets that went dormant. But glad they put more on the dormant list than retiring them!!
Oy, sorry for this long rant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #134  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss BooView Post
Santa's eyes remind me of the Rudolph cartoon movie. They had some funny googlie eyes going on with many of the characters. LOL!
Totally agree! That movie creeped me out, that one and Frosty. Their eyes... shudder.... creepy. How about the way that Barney's eyes changed part way though the Flintstones? He went from black eyes to having these circles that weren't filled in. It was creepy too! They must have changed cartoonists or something.

Back to SU! though, did anyone notice that our friend, the poop owl, has a brother in Halloween Frights? It's not quite as bad, but there are certainly similarities!

Angela

Angela a.k.a. PuppyDogGrins
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #135  
Cardstock Collector

Aliens...

How has the stamp with the robots or aliens or whatever NOT made it on this thread??? Greeting's humans, (I think that's the name). It is the CREEPIEST thing I have ever seen with the one big eye/little eye guy... yuck...!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #136  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeiseView Post
How has the stamp with the robots or aliens or whatever NOT made it on this thread??? Greeting's humans, (I think that's the name). It is the CREEPIEST thing I have ever seen with the one big eye/little eye guy... yuck...!
LOL!! But aliens are supposed to be creepy ;) !! I dunno - I think they're kinda cute.... they don't look like they'll try to take over the world or anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #137  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

My DS can't wait for me to get the alien set. He loves it and really likes the robots, too! The alien with one eye is so adorable to me. I think that both of these sets are definitely meant to be used for little boys. I think it's a bit harder to make cards for boys, so I'm really happy to see so many sets that appeal to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #138  
Rubber Obsessor

I have such a bad case of the Hiccups after reading this whole topic. I will never be able to look at the SU catty without laughing! You all made my week if not the whole blasted month!!!!

Katie
Http://tarjteachr-papermusings.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #139  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Can't believe I missed that one! Greetings Earthling! (Although that one alien in the middle is kindof cute :eek What about the one above it - "Happy birthday, Human" in Lots of Bots. I really can't imagine ever needing that one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #140  
Watercolor Wizard

LOVE this thread! I looked through the catty after reading most of it and laughed so hard!

My one hmmmm issue is the abundance of Halloween sets. I rarely make Halloween cards but make several hundred Christmas cards a year. I was scratching my head that so much space went to Halloween but there are so few new Christmas sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 05:06 AM   #141  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post

Oh - almost forgot. Awhile back talking about retiring sets, a lot of people seemed to be tired of Loads of Love. Now there's an add-on set for it! I bet people will love the camper. I think the trailer could have all sorts of things piled up on it. Do you all like the Loads of Fun set?
Loads of Love is one of my all time favorites sets and I really like the new add on images. I will enjoy placing things on that trailer and will ejoy putting it in scenes. The camper is really cute as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 05:23 AM   #142  
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to beecreative

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppydoggrinsView Post
Sock monkeys are scary!!!! I don't know why, but they creep me out. Then again, maybe I'm just a big ol' weirdo!!

Angela
I'm with you on the Sock Monkey, Angela. Last year a friend of mine and I started the IHSM (I hate sock monkey) club. Wanna join?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 08:22 AM   #143  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
I think the four birds in the "Happy Together" set on page 72 are partridges. It seems to me that the Partridge Family once sang that song "Happy Together" that was made popular by the Turtles in the 60s.

I was TOTALLY thinking the same thing when I saw that!! I think I might get it and make stuff for my sisters, they loved that show/David Cassidy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 08:41 AM   #144  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
I edit mine all the time! Then sometimes I still see where I made a mistake. I'll see signs or posters around town with mistakes and I want to take a black marker and fix them!
YES - there is a sign in the area that says "Craft Supplys" and every time I drive by it I want to hop out and change it, it drives me inSANE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #145  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
LOVE this thread! I looked through the catty after reading most of it and laughed so hard!

My one hmmmm issue is the abundance of Halloween sets. I rarely make Halloween cards but make several hundred Christmas cards a year. I was scratching my head that so much space went to Halloween but there are so few new Christmas sets.
I bet they will have new Christmas sets in the mini catalog--but for those of you who start early and make hundreds of cards (you put me to shame!), it would be nice to see the sets now.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #146  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharon_dView Post
I bet they will have new Christmas sets in the mini catalog--but for those of you who start early and make hundreds of cards (you put me to shame!), it would be nice to see the sets now.
You're right, Sharon, and I'm definitely looking forward to the mini. I just want the new Christmas stuff NOW!;)

Seriously, though, what is up with so many Halloween sets? Is it my imagination? There are 15 sets and wheels for Halloween in the new catty, and only 5 for fall/Thanksgiving. Do people really make that many Halloween cards? Is the pop culture thing with skulls and such that spiked Halloween's popularity?

I've made a couple of Halloween cards each year for my niece and nephew and my own kids, but that's it. I bought a few versatile sets about five years ago, and despite the fact I scrap Halloween each year, I don't yet feel the need for new ones. I feel out of the loop or something....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #147  
Matboard Maniac

Beecreative, sign me up for the IHSM club! Not only have I laughed reading this, but I'm relieved to find that I'm not the only to find sock monkeys REALLY creepy! And adding bunny ears (from the accessories set) only makes the sock monkey EVEN more creepy (or would that be "hoppin' creepy!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #148  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by beecreativeView Post
I'm with you on the Sock Monkey, Angela. Last year a friend of mine and I started the IHSM (I hate sock monkey) club. Wanna join?
I want to join too! LOL! How funny - my girlfriend and I are both creeped out over the sock monkey, but I didnt have one as a child ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #149  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by beecreativeView Post
Sign me up too!! I do love monkeys though and have the retired set. I believe it is called Love Ya Bunches - really cute. But those sock monkeys are really freaky looking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #150  
Kookie Creator

Oh yeah!! Count me in! *Shudder* I'm all over a anti-sock monkey club. I've decided they are the result of the twisted sense of creativity of the sock monster. Y'know, the one that steals all those socks you can't find the mates for when they come out of the dryer? He must have had a seriously traumatic childhood. (Yup, that's my new theory!!) ;););) I strive for inclusiveness, but I have to draw the line at sock monkeys and spiders.

One of my LSSs had an actual sock monkey sitting out on one of their shelves when I was there yesterday. I just about had to say something! Lol.

Angela

Angela a.k.a. PuppyDogGrins
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #151  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
Am I the only one that thinks the giraffe in Animal Stories is getting ready to poop on me and/or my card?
WELL SAID GIRL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 03:47 AM   #152  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossomView Post
You're right, Sharon, and I'm definitely looking forward to the mini. I just want the new Christmas stuff NOW!;)

Seriously, though, what is up with so many Halloween sets? Is it my imagination? There are 15 sets and wheels for Halloween in the new catty, and only 5 for fall/Thanksgiving. Do people really make that many Halloween cards? Is the pop culture thing with skulls and such that spiked Halloween's popularity?

I've made a couple of Halloween cards each year for my niece and nephew and my own kids, but that's it. I bought a few versatile sets about five years ago, and despite the fact I scrap Halloween each year, I don't yet feel the need for new ones. I feel out of the loop or something....
I thought the same thing about ALL the Halloween sets. I make about five cards each year and scrap some Halloween pages also. I just have a few Halloween stamps (not sets). Some from Michael's $1.00 spot, some from holiday sets, an individual pumpkin here and there. I ALWAYS thought...why would I spend $$$$$ on sets for Halloween???? I just counted and WOW, there are 15 sets, YIKES! I do like Eat, Drink and be Scary and Tasty Sweet. But my money is saved for other types of sets!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #153  
Compulsive Stamper

My two cents:
I agree with too many Halloween stamps and not enough Christmas.

My biggest pet peeve (no pun intended) is the lack of dog and cat stamps. Page 61 is the best they could do? With so many of us that have our pets as our avitars you would think there would be more stamps with dogs and cats. Thank goodness for Penny Black.

So many of the stamps in this catalog look like something a 5 year old has drawn.
page 6 "love bug", page 40 "Punch Pals", page 41 "Sparkly and Bright", page 46 " A good Egg", page 59 "Owl Together Now", page 62 "animal Crackers", well... you get the idea.

On a positive note, I love page 94 "Greenhouse Garden", and page 133 "Medallion".

There are only 5 or 6 must have sets for me. Bummer. Maybe SU has been talking to my DH about my spending habits and they are just making it easier for me to just say "no".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #154  
Stampin' Fool

I'm with the IHSM Club. Can I be President (I have high political aspirations, obviously)?

As for the rest of the catty--I'm with everyone else who mentioned too many Halloween stamps...and the wierd alien stamps. Honestly, on my first quick pass through the catty, not one single stamp set was a must-have for me. I did like the dp and ribbon, though.
Maybe my tastes are just evolving away from SU styles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 06:49 AM   #155  
Hardware Hotshot

I only found a few stamps sets that I really liked!!
I agree with everyone else, way too much Halloween,not enough new Christmas...
I do like many of the new designer papers, however!!

Also I like the new In colors and ordered the paper,ribbon,
inks & re-inkers. Can't wait to start using them!

I'm very disappointed in the Hostess gifts. The bug one is cute, but thats about it!!

Thats my 2 cents!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #156  
Crimping Master

I definitely want to join IHSM club.

I think the Christmas stamps and fall ones will be in the mini.

I love the hostess sets this time. I agree there are more Hallloween stamps than I think are necessary though. If I were to get any of them it would be Eat Drink & Be Scary. It will work for party invites, sb pages, cards.... I actually almost bought it when it was in the mini last year. So that one will likely make my list.

There are not a tonne of must have sets for me this time... this time I am in love with the DSP, which is not usual for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #157  
Stazon Splitcoast

Making my wish list and going through the catalog again.

Huh? Greenhouse Garden is a really pretty two-step set, but why no leaves?? I'd want leaves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #158  
Cardstock Collector

Default OOPS ... my bad...

Quote:

The alien one isn't one I was talking about it was the Lot's of Bots... 'greetings earthling' or 'happy birthday human'... how creepy...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #159  
Embossing Fanatic

I looked at the online catty and had to pause at the "chew chew" on the train stamp. I still don't get it. Even my 6 year old is able to point out that "it shouldn't be spelled that way mom".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #160  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mchereeView Post
I looked at the online catty and had to pause at the "chew chew" on the train stamp. I still don't get it. Even my 6 year old is able to point out that "it shouldn't be spelled that way mom".
I agree. I can understand if it was meant to go with gum or something, but the card on page 176 (while VERY cute) is just a card - without a stick of gum anywhere. I showed it to my hubby and he even mentioned it wasn't right. He rarely ever notices things like this. I think that it would have been good to see a sample project using this particular stamp on the same page as the set (p. 45) for the words to make more sense.
Reply With Quote Likes