Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU Butterfly Thinlets (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-butterfly-thinlets-598797/)

joyfuljan 04-23-2015 08:13 AM

SU Butterfly Thinlets

Hi,

I am really on the fence as to whether to buy this set. The only die I would probably use is the medium size one. I am looking the measurements of this die to see if there might be a product from someone else that is close in size. I absolutely love the look of the cards I have seen with this die. If someone could help with this I would be most appreciative.

Thank so much!!

lesleybd 04-23-2015 11:44 AM

I have Spellbinders Wonderful Wings.

I think the largest butterfly is about the same size as the middle size SU one.

This is it on an SU Curvy Keepsake Box to give you an idea of the size. One of the others in the set is on top to give a layered look.

Lesley

http://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...f8ac1f0285.jpg

KarenBinPa 04-23-2015 12:36 PM

Jan, I sent you a pm about maybe splitting up this set? I"m only interested in the largest die, the swallowtail one.
Karen

KarenBinPa 04-23-2015 12:37 PM

Lesley, your box is gorgeous!
Karen

lesleybd 04-23-2015 12:45 PM

Thank you! It's an amalgamation of two different box ideas I saw on Pinterest. Pink Buckaroo Designs made one with butteflies and various people had the idea of the vellum windows

Lesley

KarenBinPa 04-23-2015 12:53 PM

Well it's just a lovely combination! Thanks for the link. :0)

joyfuljan 04-23-2015 01:53 PM

Lesley,

Your work is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately the Spellbinder butterflies have been discontinued.

Denverkat276 04-23-2015 02:12 PM

I just love those dies. I would most likely use them ALL!!!

jeanstamping2 04-23-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfuljan (Post 20960383)
Hi,

I am really on the fence as to whether to buy this set. The only die I would probably use is the medium size one. I am looking the measurements of this die to see if there might be a product from someone else that is close in size. I absolutely love the look of the cards I have seen with this die. If someone could help with this I would be most appreciative.

Thank so much!!

It's a wonderful stamp set and die. I just ordered my Die set. and I am waiting for it. I already had the Basic Butterfly stamp set. As it was a Earned stamp set from SU.

Of course I have been kicking myself for not getting the whole set back when it was first offered.

Here are some ideas found here on SCS:

Butterfly Basics by catrules - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

CCMC 346 by pdncurrier - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Basic Butterfly Birthday by genesis - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Butterfly Birthday by D. Daisy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

This last one is mine. I used the butterfly but I had to fussy cut it.

Snappy Birthday! by jeanstamping2 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I also have a Butterfly Spellbinder die set. But they don't work well with this stamp set.

You know that the Butterfly die has been discounted. So there is a little bit of a savings.

joyfuljan 04-23-2015 06:09 PM

Nancy, With all these beautiful samples I can feel myself falling and am not sure I will be able to stay on the fence much longer. LOL

muscrat 04-24-2015 04:32 AM

I'm ordering the think it's today! Discounted is great!

joyfuljan 04-24-2015 07:39 AM

Kathy, The discount does make it more tempting! :)

muscrat 04-24-2015 10:46 AM

Ordered them today!

jeanstamping2 04-24-2015 03:57 PM

Mine came today. I sure hope I get a chance to use it this weekend. If not I know I will be using it for sure next weekend.

I'm going to an all day Crop.

Ching 04-24-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleybd (Post 20960525)

This is it on an SU Curvy Keepsake Box to give you an idea of the size. One of the others in the set is on top to give a layered look.

Lesley

Wow, Lesley, your box is gorgeous!! Do you have a blog, etc with instructions/tips? It's gorgeous!

lesleybd 04-25-2015 10:13 AM

Hi, Ching. I'm pleased you like the box! It is meant for a battery operated tea light but I havent got around to buying one.

I don't have a blog. I just made the box following the video on the Pink Buckaroo Blog. If you don't have the Curvy Keepsake Box die I am sure you could find a similar template on the web.

Before I stuck the two parts of the box together I cut a hole on one side with a small Spellbinders circle die. I embossed some vellum using a flower stamp from Stampin' Up's Peaceful Petals stamp set and silver embossing powder. I used glue dots to stick the vellum behind the 'window'. When I used liquid glue it made an awful mess and I had to start again!

Regards

Lesley

Ching 04-27-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleybd (Post 20961944)
Hi, Ching. I'm pleased you like the box! It is meant for a battery operated tea light but I havent got around to buying one.

I don't have a blog. I just made the box following the video on the Pink Buckaroo Blog. If you don't have the Curvy Keepsake Box die I am sure you could find a similar template on the web.

Before I stuck the two parts of the box together I cut a hole on one side with a small Spellbinders circle die. I embossed some vellum using a flower stamp from Stampin' Up's Peaceful Petals stamp set and silver embossing powder. I used glue dots to stick the vellum behind the 'window'. When I used liquid glue it made an awful mess and I had to start again!

Regards

Lesley

Thank you so much Lesley :)

Denverkat276 04-28-2015 07:11 AM

Lesleybd. What a charming little box. I didn't see it before today. I was having issues with viewing images on the forum for a week or so, back when this thread was started. All issues have been fixed on my computer now and I can see it.

I'm sure that would be so lovely with a battery operated light. I found them (the little lights) at the Dollar tree a couple of years ago when I made that Cricut 3D haunted house. I just love your box though. I think it would make a wonder night light. Thank you so very much for sharing it. :) as well as the location of the video.

Lovely

scrapaddie 04-28-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesleybd (Post 20960525)

Lesley

Your box is beautiful!!