Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SU Background stamps. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/su-background-stamps-96417/)

Ellibelle 10-30-2005 11:30 AM

SU Background stamps.

Hi everyone!! I would like to know, which one is your most favorite SU background stamp? The one that you find yourself using the most?

Joan B 10-30-2005 11:34 AM

Canvas!

WeimFamily 10-30-2005 11:39 AM

Canvas is probably #1 because it goes with nearly everything, But I'm absolutely in love with my new Print Pattern...

Christine P 10-30-2005 11:58 AM

Canvas, by far.

I will order Floral and Print Pattern tonight, though! I've seen a lot of great stuff with those BG stamps.

xiunyuki 10-30-2005 12:09 PM

soft swirls & print pattern!!! but i'm gonna get On The Spot soon...those circles are so cute!!

Jeanne S 10-30-2005 12:37 PM

Canvas and Print Pattern. Can I have 2 favorites :D

luvs2stamp2 10-30-2005 12:52 PM

crosshatch

friendly63 10-30-2005 01:11 PM

Print pattern and canvas are mine as well!

laurakj 10-30-2005 01:17 PM

I will jump on the Canvas and Print Pattern bandwagon too!

Ellibelle 10-30-2005 01:54 PM

It seems like most of you like the canvas. I don't have many background stamps (only 2 that are retired) and I really want to buy one. Thanks why I'm so curious. :)

JillG 10-30-2005 02:22 PM

Canvas and Floral - in that order! I love flowers and find Floral is awesome with a number of my stamp sets!

my4blessings 10-30-2005 02:39 PM

Another vote for Canvas. I have 4 BG stamps and will be ordering at least one more next month. They add soooo much to a card.

Kathyc 10-30-2005 03:23 PM

I love Canvas too and ordered Print Pattern this week, mainly due to the awesome samples seen here this past week!

dawnmercedes 10-30-2005 04:17 PM

I love the 2 I own...Canvas and Print pattern. Plus there are many more I'd love to have!

Dawn

fionna51 10-31-2005 04:59 AM

Background faves

By far my favorites are canvas and french script.

I also have print pattern and checkerboard....
They are just as useful.

That doesn't count the specialty backgrounds....LOL

But I find myself using the smaller stamps for backgrounds too...like itty bitty backgrounds, etc. I have all of those.

Diane

newstamperamy 10-31-2005 05:02 AM

A little or a lot of Canvas touches almost everything that I do so that has to be my #1 favorite. I just got floral, though, and it is gorgeous!

nsruss 10-31-2005 05:46 AM

I really like weathered. Could be that I just got it though so I'm using it on everything.

Taishea 10-31-2005 05:48 AM

CANVAS all the way. It is the best bg stamp! I just can't do a card without it! Taishea :D

photocropper 10-31-2005 05:53 AM

Canvas for current set and I just ordered print pattern so it will be my favorite next month!

Paisley is my fav. retired bg!

Lily_Louise 10-31-2005 07:24 AM

Canvas and French Script are the two I use the most. Just got Damask, On the Spot and Word by Word! I LOVE background stamps, you can just do so much with them like changing the color of neutral cardstock when you've run out of the color you wanted to use! Word by Word is great 'cos you use the individual words too!

Happy Halloween and happy stamping with your new B/grounds stamp(s)!

Ruth :)

Ellibelle 10-31-2005 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily_Louise
Canvas and French Script are the two I use the most. Just got Damask, On the Spot and Word by Word! I LOVE background stamps, you can just do so much with them like changing the color of neutral cardstock when you've run out of the color you wanted to use! Word by Word is great 'cos you use the individual words too!
Happy Halloween and happy stamping with your new B/grounds stamp(s)!

Ruth :)

What a great idea for that stamp!

redapron 11-02-2005 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51
By far my favorites are canvas and french script.

Diane

What she said!

rocketgirl96 11-02-2005 06:19 AM

I have two favs:

Antique Lace (which is discontinued I think)
French Script.

I use these two ALL the time.

I don't think I would use the canvas that much, although a bunch of you seem to like it so I may need to rethink that. :)

Christine

JoyOfStamping 11-02-2005 06:28 AM

Canvas definitely gets used the most.... but my favorite is Print Pattern.

LSN 11-02-2005 06:32 AM

I love my background stamps! It's hard to pick a fave. Most versatile could go to either Canvas or Just Jeans (or even doing Canvas + Just Jeans). I also love French Script, Print Pattern, Floral, and Fine Lace (my most recent purchase). IMO, you can't have just one! :)

Linda

Nancy-J 11-02-2005 08:03 AM

SU Background stamps.

I'm just a "sucker" for SU Background stamps. I have so many! My current fav's are:

Canvas
Floral
Print Pattern

Jusgottastamp 11-02-2005 08:13 AM

As of right now, I only have Canvas & French Script. I love them both, but I definitely use Canvas the most. I have Print Pattern coming as well as Weathered (get that last one tomorrow!!). I have several on my wishlist. They are fab to add a "punch" to a card!!

dpotteiger 11-02-2005 08:15 AM

This is probably going to sound stupid, but I've just gotten my first background stamp and haven't quite figured out how to use it. I don't want to layer extra paper, so would I stamp an image, then mask it and stamp the background over it?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Klarson 11-02-2005 08:44 AM

I owned Stipple Background for 2 yrs, and only used once or twice, so I sold it. I haven't owned any for 1 1/2 yrs cause I just dont like to use them, then along came Word by Word. My demo uses it for individual words, and it has made the Christmas wish list.

momof2stampers 11-02-2005 10:26 AM

I love Canvas and Print Pattern. I also have FIne Lace, French Script and By Definition. I use all of them a lot. Most cards I make have a BG on them somewhere.

I just traded away Word by Word. I though I would love it, but I really did not. I found it too busy and it detracted from most of the cards I made.

Katie*B 11-03-2005 12:30 PM

CANVAS!

I'll jump in and cast my vote for CANVAS too - it is just so versatile! I also love Print Pattern and Fine Lace. Background stamps are awesome and the ones from SU are huge - they cannot be beat!

Ellibelle 11-03-2005 01:32 PM

It sounds like I won't be able to decite which one to get. I might have to get both, canvas and print pattern!

Jusgottastamp 11-03-2005 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof2stampers
I love Canvas and Print Pattern. I also have FIne Lace, French Script and By Definition. I use all of them a lot. Most cards I make have a BG on them somewhere.

I just traded away Word by Word. I though I would love it, but I really did not. I found it too busy and it detracted from most of the cards I made.

Interesting...I have Word by Word on my list, but it is pretty low on the list. I'll have to reconsider buying it. I have Fine Lace & By Definition on my list, but they are closer to the top. They seem very versatile.

StampinHappyInCT 11-03-2005 05:55 PM

I have several SU! and non-SU! background stamps. I really like Canvas, Just Jeans and French Script. My only complaint is that I wish they were larger to fill up the entire quarter sheet. Any tips or tricks to help with that?

stampsnsmiles 11-09-2005 11:07 AM

I finally ordered my first BG stamp and after much consideration ended up with Word by Word. I love that you can use the individual words as well as the whole stamp as a background. But I think the next one to get is Print Pattern.
Heather

newstamperamy 11-09-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momof2stampers

I feel exactly the same way. It was on my first new catty order. I have used it once for 2 of the individual words which was a pain bc I don't have markers so I had to create this post-it-mask thing to get the ink only on the word I wanted to use. Oh well, perhaps it will come into it's own one day.

speale 11-09-2005 11:31 AM

Print pattern and floral!

lisahenke 11-09-2005 12:22 PM

I am slowly building my BG inventory. I have canvas, on the spot, and print pattern is on its way. After seeing all the great samples on this site, I just had to order some.

CocoRoo 11-09-2005 12:28 PM

I have canvas and am ordering print pattern next week:D

HisPrincess915 11-11-2005 06:53 PM

WOW - no one mentioned my personal favorite -- Cheesecloth! I like the look of it better than canvas (though that one is nice, too). I also really like floral and have used it a little more than cheesecloth. I have several other BG stamps - from SU! and other companies - but these two are the ones I keep going back to.

kimB