Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Storage for wheels (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/storage-wheels-48638/)

janz 05-03-2005 07:44 PM

Storage for wheels

There seems to be a lot of questions about wheel storage now and then, and I just stumbled across something today at the grocery store! Velveeta cheese is currently being sold with a free clear plastic storage container that the block of Velveeta fits in. Of course, the wheels fit in there too. I only bought one, but I think I'm going to go get more. You can fit 3 jumbo + 1 regular wheel in the box, or 6 regular wheels. It's just really nice to know I can get these stackable containers, and I can actually see through them to know what's in them!

jerppt 05-03-2005 08:00 PM

What a COOL idea -I love that !!
Guess I am going grocery shopping tomorrow!!
TFS

Henrysmom 05-03-2005 08:10 PM

spoken like a true stamper!

I use salad tubs from the produce section for reinkers!

glk313 05-03-2005 08:16 PM

A friend of mine uses the metal pant hangers that hold like five pairs on the same hanger. She pulled off the rubber that is over the rungs (to keep the pants from slipping off), and the wheels just slide on. I think she has 5 or 6 on each line of the hanger. It really works great. I want to keep mine like this, but I keep forgetting when I am at the store to stop and pick one up.

kstamper 05-03-2005 08:16 PM

That is a great idea for storing wheels. I use a thread holder I got from Joann's, but it would be nice to have them covered.

judi_stamparooni 05-03-2005 08:27 PM

I'm going to look for that plastic Velveeta packaging!

In my younger days my girlfriends and I would get together and we would make strawberry daquris, and a yummy dip made with Velveeta mixed with Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilis! (kept with the Mexican foods at the grocery store)

Man that was a good combination of drink and snack! I don't think I can handle all those daquris any more, but I'll have to get some stuff to make that dip!

Thanks for the heads-up!

alwayssmiling 05-04-2005 05:27 AM

You can get those pant hangers at Target. They'll hold 8 regular wheels per rung, and there's 4 on each hanger. They have a nice little closure, too.

h2j3 05-04-2005 05:52 AM

I use the pants hanger, I have a hook on the bakc of the door. Very compact. I don't have a lot of space to stack things anymore.

sassyat30 05-04-2005 05:55 AM

Another option for wheels is if you only have a few, you can put them in an empty baby wipes container. It isn't see-through, but you can pop the top and see what's there! :)

GAMom2ChelNJustin 05-04-2005 06:01 AM

Thanks for asking this question. I've been wondering too. Now I've got some great ideas.

THANKS!!!

erbobbin 05-04-2005 07:22 AM

I read in an earlier thread that Pringles cans work well. I believe they store 5 regular size wheels. You could cover them with a cute stamped paper.

Karen Murphy 05-04-2005 10:41 AM

I also use the pants hangers. Love them! Everything is out and handy. I just hang them on my wire shelves.

Karen Murphy 05-04-2005 10:48 AM

Sorry for the double post....