Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-08-2006, 11:21 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Post Storage for supplies

How does everyone store their supplies and what would you recommend? My bonus room closet floor currently holds all of my supplies and it is a mess. So I would like a system that is more organized to hold my stamps, paper, and supplies and that is portable. My dh has actually been bugging me to get something.
TIA,
Alexis
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Your question is kind of general. I've been stamping for nearly 8 years now, so my supplies have been creeping to various rooms for awhile. The best thing I did recently was spend big bucks at http://suink.net on their organizer. I avoided spending money for that for awhile, trying to recycle other containers. In the end, it is one of the best purchases I've made. I have all my ink supplies (pads/refills/markers/wheels/ink cartridges), scissors and glues in ONE place. The handles on the unit are sturdy and you don't feel it will fall apart when you move it (which I do when a stampin buddy comes over and I need table space).

HTH
Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Old 08-08-2006, 03:32 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

well, I am totally jealous of all the fantastic stamping rooms that a lot of people have. But from what I've been reading, most of us have limited space to store things and we may have to drag our items out to the dining room table whenever we want to do a project.

Personally, I purchased several plastic 3-drawer units at Walmart that are 14" x 14" or close to that, so I can fit 12" x 12" papers in some drawers, and other embellishment items in other drawers. I also purchased a few plastic tubs - one holds all my stamp sets and ink pads, and another my "tools" (cutter/scorer, tool set, punches, tons of scissors that I have collected for scrapbooking, etc.). I know it's not ideal because I have to look through the tubs to get what I need, but at least everything is contained and I'm not flying around the house looking for things!

Some people turn a closet into a storage area by placing shelving and drawer units it in so everything can be seen at a glance. Others have purchased a storage unit on wheels so that they can just wheel their stamping things wherever they plan to work.

I know there have been several threads relating to this topic. If I can find one, I'll post the link for more ideas.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Here's a cute poem:

[img]
http://images.splitcoaststampers.com/data/gallery/5626/The_Stamper_by_Mothermark.jpg[/img]
Old 08-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Let me try to do a direct link.
http://images.splitcoaststampers.com...Mothermark.jpg
Sponsored Links