Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Storage ideas for UM Backgrounds, 12 x 12 CS and much more

I found this site on another post and think I have found a great storage solution for UM background and other large UM sets, 12 x 12 paper storage, and ink pad storage for old style pads and other brands.

For unmounted backgrounds and alphabet and other large sets: CD Divider Card - WHITE - .03 gauge polystyrene. Indexed. Size is 4-3/4" x 6-1/8". The price is 15 cards for $10.90. I'm thinking you could write the name of the stamp on the tab and stamp the image on the backside with Stazon or other permanent multi-surface ink or if you have your images indexed in a binder you could use both sides of the CD divider for mounting stamps.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/de...duct_id=dcd56p

Then a storage box that the other poster mentioned which holds both these cards and cd cases so all your unmounted stamps could be stored together.

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/de...ct_id=xcd100cp

Here is a stamp pad rack that might work for those with old style pads that would fit in a cassette rack. Plus it is designed so that you can attach more than one together.

For 12 x 12 Paper storage (and it's acid-free):

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/de...uct_id=xlp65pc

And you can add the dividers listed on the same page to label your paper by color or whatever.

Finally, for those of us that are disassembling cd cases for UM storage looks like there must be a demand for the part we are throwing away:

Shipping is free for orders $25 or over.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:59 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

And on the same website they sell the cd cases with no hub.
http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/de...duct_id=ccdsnt

I remember dreaming about the LP storage box for my 12x12 storage a couple of years ago, before I settled on the accordian storage by Generations.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:08 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
And on the same website they sell the cd cases with no hub.
http://www.bagsunlimited.com/cart/de...duct_id=ccdsnt

I remember dreaming about the LP storage box for my 12x12 storage a couple of years ago, before I settled on the accordian storage by Generations.
I saw the hubless cd cases, but yikes that seems expensive! Why is it that when they leave something out they charge more? But, that's a whole other conversation so I won't get started.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Wow, I love that idea for paper storage. And they are water proof. I will be ordering a few next month.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momofoneson
Wow, I love that idea for paper storage. And they are water proof. I will be ordering a few next month.
That should say water resistant.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

And did you notice that you get 2 for that price? I think that is a pretty good deal. If I didn't already have something set up for storage I would be ordering them.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:20 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

I'm thinking about the 45rpm boxes and the polystyrene cards for larger sets...........hmmmm
Old 09-20-2006, 10:33 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinOma
And did you notice that you get 2 for that price? I think that is a pretty good deal. If I didn't already have something set up for storage I would be ordering them.
Yup, I too already have storage but I have overgrown it. I am a paper addict, I have about a 4' high pile of paper if you were to put it all on top of each other, lol. So I have tons of paper still needing homes, it is still in boxes. I will be ordering at least 2 of these sets next month, when I am rich again, lol. Ordered too much SU this month, lol.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:33 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Yup, I too already have storage but I have overgrown it. I am a paper addict, I have about a 4' high pile of paper if you were to put it all on top of each other, lol. So I have tons of paper still needing homes, it is still in boxes. I will be ordering at least 2 of these sets next month, when I am rich again, lol. Ordered too much SU this month, lol.
That's probably and under estimate, lol!
Old 09-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
I'm thinking about the 45rpm boxes and the polystyrene cards for larger sets...........hmmmm
Yes, that is a good size, too and actually that for that size it is less expensive per index card and you've got your free shipping with the cards alone. Drats, I ordered the other size and now I'm wondering if I should have gotten the 45rpm size. I remember looking at those, measuring out the dimensions and deciding that I probably had something that would better hold the other size. I think they will be fine though. I plan on using front and back since I have indexed all my stamps and have the name listed under the images. I think they should hold the large sets I have using front and back. I am excited that the index cards are "rigid" plastic and the index tabs are going to be nice for easy retrieval. I think they are going to work well at least I hope so since I am the enabler on this.

The other thing I didn't check out for everyone is whether or not there is a size that would fit in a ring binder. If so you could punch holes and use a zippered ring binder, unless the plastic is too thick or rigid to punch. Hanging file folders are another option along with these index cards.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinOma
Hanging file folders are another option along with these index cards.
This got me thinking about hanging letter sized file folder holders; I have one of these storing my letter-sized cardstock, but if a person used cereal boxes and covered them with contact paper, that might be an option. Any opinions? Maybe this would potentiall damage the stamps or something.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:05 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
This got me thinking about hanging letter sized file folder holders; I have one of these storing my letter-sized cardstock, but if a person used cereal boxes and covered them with contact paper, that might be an option. Any opinions? Maybe this would potentiall damage the stamps or something.
I don't think it would hurt the stamp, since cardboard is a wood product. I have been racking my brain for a long time trying to figure out something that would work and also not cost much. I thought of laminating stiff cardboard in my Xyron with a laminating cartridge, but decided that with the price of cartridges and the number of background and alphabets that I need to store it could end up costing more than I wanted. I wonder if you could spray paint the cereal box index cards with glossy spray paint and let it dry for several days so it is good and dry before trying to stick stamps to it. That would be way easier than using contact paper and probably wouldn't cost as much. I think Walmart has $1 cans of their brand in the paint department.

I just realized after reading your post again that you probably were talking about using the boxes to store the index cards, but I am leaving my ramblings because you probably could make their own indexes like I described above and also use a cereal box to store it all in.