Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2006, 07:37 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Storage

I know the issue of storage comes up here a lot. I don't have a lot of space; I've put my stamps in Rubbermaid storage containers. I now have 9 large containers of stamps, stored on bookshelves. I have "sentiments" all together in one box, vintage stamps in one, and BG in another. The other 6 boxes are random. I put a simple label on each box with a list of what sets are in the box.

I'd like to organize them a little better - alphabetically (but I would have to keep rearranging whenever I get a new stamp), by "subject" - i.e. flowers, nature, holidays, etc., but there seem to be drawbacks to each. Any suggestions? What has worked for you?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

My book is what has helped me...

I have a binder with every stamp image I own stamped or photocopied on pages which are in page protectors. Most pages have multiple sets on them. The name of the set is written by each grouping. The pages are in no particular order; well maybe in order of acquisition... I purposely didn't "order" them -- Most sets have a sentiment., Many have multiple images, etc.; I thought it would be too hard and besides, this way I see all the options each time I go on a search... My SU stamp sets are on shelves with the labels facing out. I have images of all my non SU sets and singles too. These stamps are in boxes which are sorted by block size. Each box has a piece of card stock cut to the size of the blocks contained in the box taped to the outside of the box.

You could label your boxes with the contents (maybe an alpha listing). Find the stamp image you want from the notebook, then locate it on your box label, then find it in the box. You can easily add more images to your notebook and easily print a new index/box label. Hope this was clear enoughm and hope it helps!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-05-2006, 08:30 AM   #3  
Impoverished Gymnastics Mom

For Christmas last year, my husband bought me a huge wardrobe/cabinet from Home Depot and there was an available shoe grid that fit into the largest section on the bottom. It has about 20 or so boxes that will hold at least 8 stamp sets. I have my grid labeled so that each box has a letter associated with it. I've tweaked it a bit so that some boxes have to letters and other letters have more than one box. But the cabinet and shoe grid are so deep that I can get tons of stamp sets into it. Everything is neat, ordered, and easy to find (as long as I can remember the name of the set!).