Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Stealing back valentines from my family (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/stealing-back-valentines-my-family-29492/)

kendra 02-14-2005 03:47 PM

Stealing back valentines from my family

O.k. I was really good this year and made nice Valentines for DH, DD, and DS. They did the appropriate ohhhing and ahhhing (I've trained them well). But then what do I do when they aren't looking, steal all of them back to put in my idea file. Well I haven't actually taken them yet, but that is the plan when they all go to bed! I'm so bad, but I have to be able to make it again don't I? :lol: Hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentine's Day!! Kendra

Janet Swofford 02-14-2005 04:01 PM

Kendra,
That is so funny and exactly what I was plannig to do later!!! They will just toss them under their beds or some equivalent place, so why not put them in a " safe place" for them. They can visit them anytime they want.
Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Stamping!!! :lol:
Janet

needsmorestamps! 02-14-2005 04:04 PM

I'm laughing, but only because it would take fellow stamping sisters to think this is ok and we should do it :)

Now off to find where the family put the cards I made them!

kendra 02-14-2005 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet Swofford
They can visit them anytime they want.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny - I could't agree more! :wink:

skpupy68 02-14-2005 04:12 PM

LOL here too. My DH knows that when he is done admiring a card, it goes back into my basket! My mom would kill me because she loves my cards and does keep them. Not only does that make me feel good but I always make sure I take pictues of cards before they leave the house.

I've also made the same card for the same people before so I try to keep track of them from year to year.

Still, I am the one who decides when DH is done looking at the card!

Mo

TJStamper 02-14-2005 05:28 PM

That's hilarious ... I totally did that with the card I gave my husband last year!

kelwil 02-14-2005 05:35 PM

I try to make two so that I can give one to myself.
Kelli

scdecker 02-14-2005 05:46 PM

Retrieving Cardsd

That is hysterical - but so sensible. I think I'm off on a card hunt ... just round them up into a nice safe place where thay can have visitors. Kind of like a sample zoo ...

crazyboutstamping 02-14-2005 06:00 PM

:twisted: I gathered them up too. Now trying to decided how to get my DD's back from Florida. Anyone in Florida want to run over and pick it up for me..... :twisted:

aeweaver 02-14-2005 06:03 PM

Last year, I didn't even WRITE in my husband's valentine. Just showed him the card I made for him and then promptly took it back into my studio... I figured if I was going to show the card off later, I didn't want my friends to read a corny sweet message to my hubby.

craftdoc 02-14-2005 06:23 PM

At least I signed mine on a post it note :)

jdmeeks 02-14-2005 06:39 PM

I do the very same thing. DH places them in a drawer, so he never even misses them! I keep them safe for him later!

kayinrd 02-14-2005 06:49 PM

I have a special box for all the cards that my DH and I receive over the years. (anything hand made, of course, or from a special occasion etc). I also have memory boxes for my DDs and cards go into there. So I can always find a card if I need to. I do scan all of the cards I make and make a CD.