Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Stamps from previous mini catalogs (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/stamps-previous-mini-catalogs-156748/)

anniesmom 06-22-2006 06:25 AM

Stamps from previous mini catalogs

Is it true that SU will no longer put any of the stamps from the mini catalogs into the new larger catalogs? I know in the past a few stamps from the minis would appear in the regular catalog. I read on another board that they will stop doing this.

Julzz 06-22-2006 06:26 AM

bump

Faereygirl 06-22-2006 06:29 AM

I read something somewhere (can't find it now) about very FEW stamps from minis making it into the new catty...

sma499 06-22-2006 06:30 AM

I think (but I'm not 100% certain) that the mini-catalog stamps sets *may* not be available in the new catty. So some might be there, some might not.

hoosierstamper 06-22-2006 06:32 AM

There was an announcement from SU! a few months ago that "limited means limited." That means that when they say hostess and mini catalog sets are out for a "limited time only" they really are. Hostess sets will definitely not appear in future catalogs. However, they did say that "very few" mini catalog sets will make it into the catalog so there's still hope for a few old favorites to re-appear.

Jeanne S 06-22-2006 06:34 AM

The Hostess sets and SAB sets will not be in the new catalog. A "few" from the minis will be in there. Just a few more days and we'll know which ones :)

anniesmom 06-22-2006 06:41 AM

THank you. I was going to bid on a set on Ebay (Looks like Spring). The seller said that it will never appear in the SU catalog again. It also said that NONE of the stamps from minis would ever appear agina. Guess I will wait and see if this one makes it. The bid was out of my price range anyway.

I totally missed this mini. I had to take some time off of stamping and I now see this set and all the great stuff being done with it and hate that I missed it.

sma499 06-22-2006 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmom
THank you. I was going to bid on a set on Ebay (Looks like Spring). The seller said that it will never appear in the SU catalog again. It also said that NONE of the stamps from minis would ever appear agina. Guess I will wait and see if this one makes it. The bid was out of my price range anyway.

I totally missed this mini. I had to take some time off of stamping and I now see this set and all the great stuff being done with it and hate that I missed it.

If Looks Like Spring is not in the new catty, a lot of demos will probably be getting rid of theirs in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum after the new catty comes out, so you might be able to find one there for a good price.

TNnative 06-22-2006 07:13 AM

I could be wrong, but I have the feeling that Looks Like Spring will be in the new catalog. I don't see why they would design this set, with a matching punch, then only have it in 1- 3 month mini catty. Looks like a lot of expense, to me, to just run it for 3 months.

But, like I said, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!:mrgreen:

EllenH 06-22-2006 07:30 AM

DON'T buy it on e-bay - I REALLY think this one is going to make the new catalog along with the coordinating punch AND hopefully that delicious paper. Wait a few days, so that you don't have to pay an outrageous price for it. Hang tight unless you get a steal of a deal, but I highly doubt that will happen on that set.

CheriFurr 06-22-2006 07:36 AM

I can't see them making a special punch either, if they weren't going to include it in the catalog, along with the matching set. Very few could mean 5-10m depending on what their definition is. I bet for sure they'll also put "Unfrogettable," as big a seller as it has been. But I could be wrong! They said that NO hostess sets would be carried over to the next year again.

Alle Rednic 06-22-2006 08:11 AM

That was exactly my thinking when I placed my spring order at the last minute to get the frog set. I gambled, hope I'm right!!
Patti

anniesmom 06-22-2006 01:09 PM

Patience - not my strongest attribute but I will wait for SU. What everyone says makes sense. It would be hard to believe that SU would have a custom punch made and a coordinating stamp set to sell for only 3 months. If it does not show up in the new idea book ebay will always be there.

TNnative 06-22-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNnative
I could be wrong, but I have the feeling that Looks Like Spring will be in the new catalog. I don't see why they would design this set, with a matching punch, then only have it in 1- 3 month mini catty.

OK, I think my theory has been confirmed! I bought a Simple Scrapbooks today, July Aug 2006 issue. On the top of page 162, they picture the flower punch along with a comment about it coordinating with the Looks Like Spring set and suggests you contact your demo about it. Surely they wouldn't promote it in a magazine and not have it in the catty.

On the other hand, this means I could have waited on getting it, instead of rushing to get it on my May order. :rolleyes:

They also have pictured a couple of other SU sets that must be new ones from the catty. On page 2 there is an SU ad with part of a thank you set pictured. On page 96, they feature a set called Loving Hearts, that I really like.

SkyesMom 06-22-2006 09:47 PM

TNnative: I seen this in that magazine, but SU also made an announcement that even though they my have purchased a spot for an ad in a magazine they cannot control when the info is released. Sadly alot of the times the items are from previous catalogs. But honestly this set and punch were so popular I seriously think its in the new catalog. HTH

TNnative 06-22-2006 09:56 PM

Ok, I didn't realize that. Still, that is a lot of money to put into a punch design, just for 3 months.

I'm hoping they'll have a punch for that large flower also.