Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Stamping on walls question and help please!

When you stamp on your walls in your home do you just use acrylic paint? Do you need to mix it with anything to keep it on the wall or is it fine the way it is? If it is in a childs room would you do anything to help protect it from chipping or wearing if they are touching it or anything? I am going to be doing some fun things on my sons walls but I just want to make sure my time doesnt go to waste by it getting ruined!

Any help would be appreciated!

Amanda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Here is another thread about stamping on walls. There is a link to another thread in there too.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=221957

If I were to stamp on walls again, I would use acrylic latex wall paint (like you get at Home Depot). I would also choose the same finish (flat, satin, gloss) as the wall I plan to stamp on. I also like the idea of stamping on clear contact paper.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Oh yes,this is where it all started for me,I wanted to do something in my kitchen,thought I wanted a ivy pattern. I had sponge painted my kitchen in pastells and was real pleased but thought a pattern would be fun,something I could just paint over when I was done. Bought an ivy set from Stampin up,stamped the kitchen,it was lovely and went fast. Used acrilic paints and a sponge to control the amount of paint on the stamp,put the paint on a paper plate,and went to town. If what I did was not quite right,I had my wet rag to fix the problem and went from there.That was ten years ago,have moved but it was really sharp,had MANY compliments,and I did it myself.