Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   stamping top 50 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/stamping-top-50-a-334254/)

NikiE 03-19-2008 06:23 PM

stamping top 50

What is up with this site? Is it completely unreliable? I thought it might be fun to see where my blog ranked, but it's not.;) I don't even rank in the top 500 according to them. That may well be true, but at the end of the list they show blogs that have under 20 hits a day. I usually get between 300-400 a day. How am I ranked so far below them? I have heard many people have taken it off and I probably will to, but I just don't understand how they come up with their rankings.

sf9erfan 03-19-2008 06:39 PM

I don't have a blog. Often wondered what that ranking symbol meant on the blogs I visit. I hope someone can shed some light on this. Very curious!

Gina K. Designs 03-19-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiE (Post 9213861)
What is up with this site? Is it completely unreliable? I thought it might be fun to see where my blog ranked, but it's not.;) I don't even rank in the top 500 according to them. That may well be true, but at the end of the list they show blogs that have under 20 hits a day. I usually get between 300-400 a day. How am I ranked so far below them? I have heard many people have taken it off and I probably will to, but I just don't understand how they come up with their rankings.

Here is the reason you are ranked so low. It has nothing to do with your daily hits. The stamping top 50 is an ongoing total for the year. So, let's say for example blogger Sue signs up on Jan 1st 2008. She gets 100 hits a day. Blogger Jane signs up on July 1st 2008 and she gets 1000 hits a day. Blogger Jane has to pass Blogger Sue's approx 18,000 hits before her blog surpasses Blogger Sue.

So, if you are getting 300-400 hits a day, as your blog increases in hits, it will eventually climb past those who have less hits per day but it takes a while.

Number 10 may have 130,000 hits since Jan 1st
Number 11 may have 129, 900 hits since Jan 1st

Number 11 will move up if she passes Number 10's total number.

Some bloggers were higher last year because their blogs started out more popular at the beginning of the year but other blogs became more popular toward the end of the year. They never surpassed those bloggers until it reset on Jan 1st. That's when you can really see who is getting the most hits currently.

I hope that all makes sense.
Hugs,
Gina K.

NikiE 03-19-2008 06:55 PM

Thanks so much, Gina! That does help a lot. I know I won't rank up there with so many great blogs out there, but it wasn't making sense at all. Thanks for clearing up how it works. :)

BethanyPaull 03-19-2008 07:17 PM

When did you sign up? Not that my blog's that great, but it took a couple of days to show up if I remember correctly.

NikiE 03-19-2008 07:22 PM

It's only been on my blog a day or two. I wondered how long it would take to show accurately. Like I said, I don't expect to be way up there in the rankings, but I couldn't figure out how they come up with the rankings they have.

NikiE 03-19-2008 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethanyPaull (Post 9214790)
When did you sign up? Not that my blog's that great, but it took a couple of days to show up if I remember correctly.

And I just checked out your blog. Your work is very beautiful! I say you have a great blog!:mrgreen:

prchvs 03-19-2008 07:46 PM

I ended up removing the logo from my blog 'cause I was focusing on how "popular" I was as opposed to just having fun ... I can't figure out how to unsubscribe though ...

ebeart 03-20-2008 06:07 AM

It's like my whole world opened up a little bit....lol!

I was wondering how it worked :)

SophieLaFontaine 03-20-2008 07:17 AM

Oh SWEET!!! I went to that site (http://www.stampingtop50.com/rank4.html) and found a blog in French!!!

http://nancy-scrap.blogspot.com/

How totally cool is that??!!

olgy15 11-14-2009 12:24 PM

It stamping top 50 paid service now? I went to their site and it looks like they charge $10/month to register. Am I looking in the wrong place and the counter is available somewhere else?

NikiE 11-14-2009 01:13 PM

It might be a service that they charge for now. I know they were going to start charging on the Scrapbooking Top 50. So far, I haven't been charged for the Stamping Top 50, but it might be something they are just doing with new registrations right now. I honestly would not pay for the service. It is unreliable and doesn't even register hits most of the time. It has went months this year without registering more than a few dozen hits a day.

Glitterati 11-14-2009 02:39 PM

Niki, I love your blog and check it every day. No matter what their numbers say, you have a lot of devoted fans. You rock! :D

NikiE 11-14-2009 05:58 PM

Ah, thanks! That is so sweet! :mrgreen:

LMcAree 11-14-2009 06:08 PM

You know I love you and your work Niki!! ;) I won't put one of those on my blog, I don't get anywhere near the hits you do!!

ked 11-14-2009 06:23 PM

Niki, I DO think it's unreliable, though, as it removed itself from my blog TWICE and then I had to start over. After that, I just left it off my blog.

mokkabella 11-14-2009 06:24 PM

thats interesting to know how its works ...love your work niki

TexasGrammy 11-14-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiE (Post 15549579)
It might be a service that they charge for now. I know they were going to start charging on the Scrapbooking Top 50. So far, I haven't been charged for the Stamping Top 50, but it might be something they are just doing with new registrations right now. I honestly would not pay for the service. It is unreliable and doesn't even register hits most of the time. It has went months this year without registering more than a few dozen hits a day.

I must agree with you, Niki.

Melissa_Aggie 11-14-2009 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitterati (Post 15549916)
Niki, I love your blog and check it every day. No matter what their numbers say, you have a lot of devoted fans. You rock! :D

What she said!! :)

Paula Pea 11-15-2009 06:33 AM

Nikki, I {heart} your blog! I'll keep hitting it! ;)

NikiE 11-15-2009 10:40 AM

Ah, thanks, Ladies! You are all so sweet! :mrgreen:

I had posted this question over a year and half ago. It was weird to see the thread pop up again after so long. I do have the counter on my blog still, but if they start charging, I will remove it.

olgy15 11-16-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikiE (Post 15549579)

Thanks so much for your feedback! I agree with everyone here - your blog is great.