Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-12-2004, 07:43 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping Space

I just looked through the gallery and insanely envious of some of the SCS's stamping spaces! Just wondering how many of you already have your dream space, if not, what would you like to change or improve? I just want to hear all your storage solutions and rooms ideas!

Morissa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 08:22 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Default stamping space

I have my stamping space, but not always to myself. My 22 year old DD loves to purchase scrapping supplies and leave them in my space to find a home for them. I'm in the process of trying to pack them all in a box to take with her when we move her out....hopefully next spring. I want it to be sooner.
I took the spare bedroom out of the house and moved my craft room into it. It is cluttered so much right now, I'm in the process of putting in some shelving and finding new homes for my goodies. I re-arrainge my room once a year and clean out things that I haven't used in the time. It's my own version of Clean Sweep. When I finally get my space all nice and pretty I plan on posting pictures here. Everyone should have a small corner of their own world to be creative in.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 09:00 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

My stampin space is a walk-in closet in our office. ( I have posted photos of it here.) It is not as big as I would like it to be, but overall I am happy with it. I am not a demo, so this little space is all mine to create in. One downfall is that the room can get a bit hot....I need to find a small fan to attach to one of the shelves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 09:20 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

My stamping space right now is our dining room and sometimes the desk - we live in a small 1 bdroom apt. We're moving in two months to a larger two bedroom apt. and then I'll share the 2nd bedroom with the 'office' - In a year, though - We plan to buy and then I get my VERY OWN ROOM!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to start plotting organization!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 09:37 AM   #5  
Inking Addict

All of my crafting things are in two closets but they are in rubbermaid carts on wheels so I just wheel them out when I'm ready to create..... all over the floor! I wanted to thank everyone here for posting their spaces! My bf thought that I was bad! Then I showed him everyone elses rooms. Suddenly I was actually quite tame. Course then I told him someday.... I WILL have a room just like those he was seeing
~Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 01:47 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

I showed my DH some of the rooms too...he never really has said anything, but I think that now he sees that I am not so bad! lol! We are looking tp buy a house soon. The one that I am drooling over is 3,300 sq. ft. with 5 bedrooms and a den. We don't have any children yet, so I can see one of those rooms being my stamping room. Right now I have part of our tiny guest bedroom in our condo. It is definately better than no space at all!

Morissa
glittergirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 01:52 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

My stamping area is my dining room table, which is in the kitchen dining room combo. Right at this minute I need to clean it up, it's covered with my stuff. Hope no one expects to eat here. I don't have any extra space or rooms in my house, so this has to work for me. I have some storage in my laundry room, but it gets extremely hot so I can't keep my ink or stamps in there. I am in the process of trying to fiqure out what to do to get better organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 02:18 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Right now my room is what use to be the guest room. But we are looking into adding on to our house, like within a few months! Yippee!! And I will get my guest room back! (and our schoolroom)I have family and friends that like to visit from out of town. I don't like them to have to spend the night in my stamping room Although they all say they don't mind
One thing that I have found very helpful is shelves. My wonderful hubby went to Home Depot and bought plastic-covered wire shelves that he cut to make smaller ones. He then hung them up in my room. this helped get things off the floor. It takes up less (floor) space then bookshelves. I love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 02:20 PM   #9  
SCS Moderator

I actually have a good space, but am really lacking in someone that will clean it for me and put things back when I am done with them. I keep leaving little notes to the stamping fairies and so far not ONE of those little buggers will help.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 07:13 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I just finished painting, cleaning, and setting up my new stamping room today!! My son has been away at college for three years now and only comes home for a week or two once or twice a year. He'll just have to share the space now. I'm going to try to post some pictures to the gallery this evening.

I have not had a chance to stamp in my new room yet, but I've walked by several times this evening and just oohed and aahed!

I hope you too get a great space!!

Darla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 07:30 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I just loaded two pictures of my new space in the gallery. This was the first time I've ever uploaded anything. I guess I'll work on a gallery next.

Since I have not worked in this room yet I may have to change a thing or two or come up with more storage but every drawer of that 9 drawer dresser is full of stamp sets. Only one draw contains non-SU stamps. Most non-SU stamps are particular characters (Pooh, Mickey...) I have a $300 order from SU due this week. I intend to do some serious stampin' after that arrives!!!!!!!

Darla
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2004, 07:36 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

My space is in what the houseplans call the 'formal living room', but we've turned it into an office/craft area. I have a large folding table in front of the bay window, and my supplies are in rolling carts. Very handy, and I can still do some cloud watching. Because it's such a large room, it works wonderfully when I host stamp camps as well.

KGidget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2004, 01:55 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

My stamp space was "supposed" to be the guest room when we bought this house in march, but within a month I claimed it and now its a full time stamp room. The previous owners had a teenage girl and had one entire wall covered in cabinets and drawers, and a wall to wall desk, just for me!!! The only adjustment I had to make was take down the many mirrors! Right now I have my computer on half of the desk with printer and scanner, but as soon as I can find a suitable desk for the living room, my stamping desk will have more room! First thing I did was paint the walls Pink Passion, and no guests want to sleep in that! Still plotting what to stamp on the walls, but otherwise I would call it a dream room. Someday I'll get some pics up in my gallery.

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/go/londonrain
Reply With Quote Likes