Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping Party for Pre-Teens Question...

Question for you all. I have a neighbor who has a dd about age 10. She wants to do a b-day party for her and have me run it....letting all the girls make a few cards or smaller projects. I'm to allow for $15 per girl. What would you say I could do for that and get paid for the prep time and time at the party? I'm guessing maybe 6-8 girls though don't know for sure yet. Maybe 4 cards and a small treat box or bag or something to make as their 'party favor' of sorts?? Any thoughts? Have any of you ever done this? I think it's a fun idea actually!

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Just an opinion, as I don't have girls that age group... but I think maybe more projects and less cards. Or maybe tiny cards they could give each other in school, like passing notes?
Family Dollar here has little composition notebooks 3/$1 that you could cover to use as a mini diary??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Do you have a Bind It All? My girls love notebooks/diaries/journals etc. Though they also love making cards for special people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend's daughter had a scrapping party for her 9th birthday last year. There were about 6 girls there. The mom made and bound 8x8 plain cardstock pages and laid out some of her patterned paper and her cuttlebug. The girls made their own page layouts, then took their books (also doubled as their party favor) home to add photos to. They had a lot of fun!
Maybe you could make some card bases, provide some cut cardstock, stickers, stamps, etc for the girls to use. I think they'd have fun just creating, especially if they've never stamped/made paper crafts before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

OOOO, I love the journal/mini-scrapbook idea. That would be perfect. I never though of that but girls this age to love to journal and write notes, etc.

Thanks for the input so far, ladies!

The party is the end of Jan. so I was thinking maybe some Valentine stuff too?? Just ordered the heart punches and set from PTI. I'm sure they'd enjoy that too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Once each month when our girls were in 4th, 5th and 6th grade, another Mom and I used to have a little after school group for the girls in our DD's class -- she'd talk to them about a virtue (humility, tolerance, etc) and I'd do a craft with them . . . two of the projects they really enjoyed that were inexpensive with lots of bang for the buck were exploding boxes (I scored the pieces and they cut and put together) and lunch bag albums. I found that because some of the girls did not have "crafty" moms, it worked best when just about everything could be completed at the group and all they had to do was add pics or something else they could do on their own. When we did the exploding boxes, we labeled each of the 12 "flaps" -- 3 layers with 4 sides each -- for the 12 months. I googled "exploding boxes" and the first link that came up -- http://glitteradventure.blogspot.com...box-class.html -- has outstanding instructions and also shows the box as a year retrospective. I also googled "paper bag books" and this link has great instructions for one of those -- http://scrapbooking.about.com/librar...scrapbooks.htm. Good luck -- girls this age are so great (I guess as a mom of a DD, I'm biased!) and I think I had as much fun listening to them chatter as they did doing the crafts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:43 AM   #7  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Beth-I did a similar party last year and we made:

Candy cello bag with stamped topper (I got candy from the $ store)
Frame (also from the $ store-they had those autograph frames where there is room to sign and we just stamped the mat)
Mini composition books with their monograms (the 3 for $1 ones)-I used scraps for them to add their initial
Litle box-they were wedding favor boxes from the $ store and were like 8 for $1 or so-they just stamped the boxes and added a tag

I did a stamp and pass and went over rules for using my stuff beforehand. They did a good job and had fun. Because I used 2 premade items (the frame and favor boxes) there was little prep involved but they left with 4 nice projects.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I have done a couple of birthday parties like this and I love it! I've also done camps! the girls (and also the boys on the camps) are sooooo happye when they finish the project! I have done mini albums (8 X 8 for 8-10 and 6 X 6 for a 7 years bday party with younger girls), cards and frames. I have everything pre-cut before hand they just have to glue them together at the party and some stamp done! (alphabets to writhe their names, flowers, girls and such! try to keep this very organize and with the rules because they get REALLY motivated with the stamping part!) I think they enjoy more the mini album thing, I suggest you to do a theme thing and that they don't bring the pictures because mothers just send the first pictures they find and almost always they send pictures that don't fit the theme even when you announce the theme!! so is easier for you to do it without pictures! I always include a glue stick or tombow glue with the kit so they can add the pictures at home!

If you need any other advice let me know! I think I have pictures that I can share just have to look for them!

Love,
Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

OOooooo, now I'm getting so excited. I love the ideas. I've made paper bag books before but it's been a while so THANKS, Sooz, for the tutorials. Great ideas. I'll have to check out the exploding boxes.....I have to see it to get it in my head...but I LOVE the idea.

Hey Britta! How fun for you to do a party too. I think I really need to check out the $1 Store. That's a great idea with the autograph frames. And, everything else.....too fun. I was thinking about those small nugget tins too. Those are a bit more pricey, but I could build that in to a separate Party Package and charge more $.

I'm thinking about this name for this type of party....

InkyDoodles Stampin' Party....what do you think? I think girls in this age bracket would really go for this!

Thanks girls for all our brain storming!!! I love it and sooo appreciate it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diana, that's a great idea to provide a little kit for them to take home.

Sure, pm me and if you can find the pics, I'd love to see them. THANKS.

I knew you peeps would have some rockin' ideas for me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM   #11  
Crimping Master

I made sucker thingies with mine...you just have the circle scallop punch, the circle punches, and stamps that fit in the circles, let them pick colours stamps etc, show them how to layer and then glue the layered thing onto a sucker/lollipop. Hope that makes sense! The girls at school loved it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

That's a cute, idea, too, Dawn. Thanks.

And scratch the name Inkydoodles...I just google it and there is a blog by that name..I thought it was with an A rather than a Y but there is an inkadoodles too! Don't want to steal someone else's blog name....ack!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

You may want to check out JoAnns...they have these new $1.00 journals/notepads that are CUTE! They are spiral bound with a clear plastic cover that wraps around the spiral bound journal/notebook with a plastic closure that is a pink semi circle.

These would be CUTE decorated and if you stamped on the journal cover, it would most likely show through the plastic cover
Reply With Quote Likes