Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stargirl...I am so glad that you posted. I want you to know that I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother. I really do know how you feel to some extent, since my father passed away 12 years ago from cancer. I have to honestly say that I still miss him....always will. Father's Day and his birthday bothers me the most. He was the best dad ever, and it hurts me to know that he never saw my children. But I like to think that he is watching us all from heaven...and smiling.

I know it is hard to express your grief in front of others, but really do try to make yourself share your feelings with your husband and children. They need to know you are hurting, and need to express their grief tool. Helping you, will help them as well.

Please know that so many of us are thinking of you, and praying that you find comfort.

Hugs,
Old 07-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so glad that you are able to find some solace in stamping. Years ago when I had a great sorrow in my life I didn't do anything for months, didn't eat, no crafts, I did not even listen to music. Everything I had loved before came back so slowly. I am so glad you find your stamping therapeutic. Keep it up and (((HUGS))) to you.
peggysue
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #43  
Matboard Maniac

yes stamping/crafting in general is very theraputic for me. i have recently (about a month ago) found out that a very dear friend of mine is anorexic...i to have been spending a lot of time just stamping and lighting candles...it seems to relax me to have a little flame flickering above my desk. i can identify with the private cry thing as well....my stamp time is time for me to think about things/pray/just be. i wish i would have been more into my stamping when my grandmother died. it certainly would have helped me althought i was only 8 at the time. but enough about me. i hope you remember the fond moments with your mother. they are what will keep her with you. seniding lots of hugs your way!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sending love and prayers across the miles.
John 3:16
Old 07-21-2006, 03:41 AM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Stargirl, I to have teared up reading your posts and all the additional posts.

You are doing something that brings you joy, stamping. Remembering your mom while you're doing it, I believe, is a tribute to her. Simply because she brought you joy also.

Sometimes just sitting and crying, over rubber or not, makes you stronger. I lost my Dad in 2001 and it's still difficult. But he also taught me a very important lesson. Always do your best to encourage and help others. I do that through my stamping and I get so much joy from it, especially when a person calls me or stops to talk to me and tell me how much my card meant to them.

Don't be afraid to cry in front of your family either. They need to know how much you're hurting so they can be there for you. And I know they'd want to.

My prayers are with you during this difficult time.

"The value of persistent prayer is not that he will hear us...but that we will finally hear him." William McGill
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2006, 05:20 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

It's hard to say how much all of your kind, insightful and thoughtful words mean to me. It's very unlike me to unburden myself in such a public way, but for some reason I knew that the SCS community would bring me solace when I needed it. Each post helped me shed a few tears. I've decided that there is just some vast amount of tears that have to come out before you can be healed, they come out at the oddest times. I hope to be able to respond to each of you, because you have all struck a chord with me in some way, but I am not ready just yet. I will say two things now: thank you and I am sorry for the losses you all have suffered. Losing my mom has made other people's pain real to me. I used to make a nice sympathy card and fill it out with all the appropriate words, now I UNDERSTAND. I hope I can be a better person to/for people who are hurting than I have been in the past.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:31 AM   #47  
Proud Fan Club Member

Stargirl sometimes it's events like this that make us treasure the people we have in our lives. Sometimes it enables us to become more compassionate to others who are feeling the sadness of loss. Sometimes it gives way to a ministry where you can help others get through tough times. Whatever the reason, we know God is right there walking with us or carrying us, crying the tears with us. He has a reason for everything. We don't understand those reasons, but He's perfect in his plans for us. I don't understand why he took my father to Heaven when he was only 57. My dad never got to meet any grandchildren, he was so young!! Doesn't seem fair to me and I was angry with God for taking my dad and my husband within 5 months of each other. But those two events in my life brought about my salvation and a ministry of helping others. I'll continue to pray for you so you can get through each day a minute or hour at a time. I'm so glad you came forward to share your story. You are helping yourself heal and have helped many of us here to share and heal a little bit more too.
Blessings and Hugs to you,
Sue

My Website
My Gallery
Fan Club Member
BRAK New Member Mentor
Old 07-21-2006, 06:37 AM   #48  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

I send my condolences to you. I think stamping is theraputic in many ways, so stamp on! I know it hurts to lose your mother because I have lost mine too. There are times you just want to pick up the phone and call her with a question or cry and have her unconditional love and support.

I hope you can find peace. It has taken me a long time to deal with my grief. I now have come to terms with it, and I wish the same for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:45 AM   #49  
Stampin' Fool

So very sorry for your loss! Thinking of you!
Old 07-21-2006, 06:57 AM   #50  
cre8nart

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl
It's hard to say how much all of your kind, insightful and thoughtful words mean to me. It's very unlike me to unburden myself in such a public way, but for some reason I knew that the SCS community would bring me solace when I needed it. Each post helped me shed a few tears. I've decided that there is just some vast amount of tears that have to come out before you can be healed, they come out at the oddest times. I hope to be able to respond to each of you, because you have all struck a chord with me in some way, but I am not ready just yet. I will say two things now: thank you and I am sorry for the losses you all have suffered. Losing my mom has made other people's pain real to me. I used to make a nice sympathy card and fill it out with all the appropriate words, now I UNDERSTAND. I hope I can be a better person to/for people who are hurting than I have been in the past.
Stargirl, the empathy you have shown, even in your most darkest moments of grief, shows me that you are already a very insightful and caring person. Grieving is a slow and difficult process that we all have to encounter at some point in our lives, and we each have to find our own unique way to cope with the pain that goes along with it...so take your time, and cry your tears...YOU do whatever it takes for YOU to feel better. I think that your mom is smiling down at you right now, and is very proud to claim you as her daughter.

All the best,
Annie

Old 07-21-2006, 07:58 AM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

I am so sorry for you. My mom died when I was 28. That was 27 years ago. I will always remember her in happy times, but when I read about someone else losing their mom I feel your pain and then that feeling of loss comes rushing back. I just have to know in my heart that she's okay where she is and is watching over me.
Sorry I can't even finish this.
My heart goes out to you.

Old 07-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #52  
Kookie Creator

Stargirl,
I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I can't imagine what you are going through. Yes, I do think that stamping/scrapping is wonderful therapy. It's an outlet to get your mind on another track. Back in April my brother committed suicide. I totally lost my will to stamp/scrap. I knew that wasn't good for me so I forced myself to join a couple of swaps. Working on the swaps was just what I needed, and I've been stamping full force since then.

I especially think the scrapbooking aspect is a wonderful tool. My dad died 12 years ago, and even though the whole scrapbooking scene wasn't really here yet, just going through pictures of him to display at the funeral and reliving all the happy memories was so good for all of us. I did the same thing this year with pictures of my brother. Now I'm planning on doing scrapbooks of his life to give to my siblings for Christmas.

Take care of yourself and know that you are in my thoughts.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:34 PM   #53  
Inking Addict

Post CONINUING MY PRAYERS FOR YOU

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl
Stargirl...I continue to pray that the LORD brings you through this sorrowful time. He WILL keep you in His arms and comfort you. I really like what you said at the end of your post. I, too, have just sent a card and didn't put myself in that hurting person's shoes. Thank you for reminding me. Hugs & blessings to you and your dear family...Vicki