Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Stampin Up Retirement List (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/stampin-up-retirement-list-628780/)

bdeyes9 04-15-2019 11:48 AM

Stampin Up Retirement List

Does anyone have a link to the retirement list in Page order.
One of my guilty pleasures is to go through the catalog page by page
marking the retired items and putting my "got to have" order together.
Thank you in advance!!
Bev

pepperann 04-15-2019 11:51 AM

Last-Chance Products

Not in page order, but alphabetical.

cardmaker2 04-15-2019 02:48 PM

I have only had times for a quick glance, but there seems to be an AWFUL lot retiring! I am happy to see a Lovely as a Tree go, it was old years ago. But even the nice new set they put out last year is out! It was pricey... so many sets and their dies are now. I see that turning people away? I know I choose pretty carefully what I order and spend more of my budget on cardstock, very few stamp sets make the order.

I think demos must be getting tired of the quick turn over of stamps and dies. Hobby demos don’t have a large customer base to help make their minimums and I feel they can only demo a set for a year or less, that’s not a great investment.

Correct me if I’m wrong. :)

Paula O. 04-15-2019 04:00 PM

I can’t believe Lovely As A Tree is retiring. I don’t care how old it is, it is timeless. It does seem like most of the catalog is retiring.

DCinkit 04-15-2019 04:05 PM

Stampin' Up! is retiring all wood-mounted sets and will no longer be offering wood-mount in the future. Also, they are redoing the clear mount so it will stick more efficiently. They might be discontinuing the CM sets in order to rework them. Remember when they redesigned the ink pad case and we all thought they were retiring all the colors! It could be a similar issue with the stamp sets.

Check with your SU! demonstrator for more info, that's what I'll be doing.

cardmaker2 04-15-2019 04:17 PM

Yes! I was wrong and am glad :) not so many retiring as it appeared, due to removal of wood and the reworking of the clear. Whew!

Thanks for clearing that up, Diane!

crazysuziestamper 04-15-2019 04:27 PM

Diane..This was posted on a Demo blog and may answer questions about some stamps retiring.
  • Because some stamps that are being carried over into the new catalog will be cling, they have erroneously appeared on the retired list. These stamps below WILL BE IN THE NEW CATALOG but will be in cling medium. If you want them in wood or the current clear mount, be sure to purchase them right away. It’s first come, first served through June.
  • STAMP SETS THAT ARE CARRYING OVER INTO THE NEW CATALOG IN CLING:
  • Pop of Petals, Label Me Pretty, Special Celebrations,
    IttyBittyGreetings, Botanical Bliss, This Little Piggy,
    Flourishing Phrases, Stitched All Around, Hold on to Hope
    Heartland, Peaceful Place, Barn Door, Accented Blooms
    Birthday Backgrounds, Perennial Birthday, Dashing Deer
    Winter Woods, Kindness & Compassion, Dandelion Wishes
    Healing Hugs, Sorry for Everything, Love You to Pieces
    Tropical Chic, Bee Thankful, Animal Outing, Little Elephant
    Beautiful You, Painted Glass, Little Twinkle, Beautiful Day
    Magical Mermaid, First Frost, Rooted in Nature, Country Road
    Lilypad Lake, Sea of Textures, Artisan Textures, Gallery Grunge
    Bokeh Dots, Crafting Forever

pigtail1 04-15-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula O. (Post 21808977)
I can’t believe Lovely As A Tree is retiring. I don’t care how old it is, it is timeless.

I feel the same.

maryrose 04-16-2019 05:49 AM

Do you think SU will be offering more photopolymer options, too?

jeanstamping2 04-16-2019 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCinkit (Post 21808979)
Stampin' Up! is retiring all wood-mounted sets and will no longer be offering wood-mount in the future. Also, they are redoing the clear mount so it will stick more efficiently. They might be discontinuing the CM sets in order to rework them. Remember when they redesigned the ink pad case and we all thought they were retiring all the colors! It could be a similar issue with the stamp sets.

Check with your SU! demonstrator for more info, that's what I'll be doing.

It would be great if they had the images stamped. On the back of stamps (aka cling foam)

Other companies do it. Don't know why SU hasn't done it.

DCinkit 04-16-2019 03:28 PM

Hi Nancy,

I'm not sure what you mean.

Stampin' Up! includes labels of each image to put on the back of the stamp & the label is what clings to the clear block.

For wood-mount, the image label is on the top of the wood block.

I hope this helps.

jeanstamping2 04-16-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCinkit (Post 21809511)
Hi Nancy,

I'm not sure what you mean.

Stampin' Up! includes labels of each image to put on the back of the stamp & the label is what clings to the clear block.

For wood-mount, the image label is on the top of the wood block.

I hope this helps.

You shouldn’t need a label on the stamp.
They be able to add an image directly to the cling foam!

My Stampin Up I Do not put those stickers on my stamps!

cardmaker2 04-17-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2 (Post 21809607)
You shouldn’t need a label on the stamp.
They be able to add an image directly to the cling foam!

My Stampin Up I Do not put those stickers on my stamps!

LOts of us don’t use those stickers! I slip the sticker sheet inside between the plastic and the case and put the stamps right on the case, preferably in the same spots as shown on the cover so I know quickly which one I want to use.

Works for me :)

RJP111 04-17-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula O. (Post 21808977)
I can’t believe Lovely As A Tree is retiring. I don’t care how old it is, it is timeless. It does seem like most of the catalog is retiring.

I did a double-take when I saw that set on the retiring list!

Jeaniejeaniem 04-30-2019 07:08 PM

SU retirement list

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2 (Post 21808944)
I have only had times for a quick glance, but there seems to be an AWFUL lot retiring! I am happy to see a Lovely as a Tree go, it was old years ago. But even the nice new set they put out last year is out! It was pricey... so many sets and their dies are now. I see that turning people away? I know I choose pretty carefully what I order and spend more of my budget on cardstock, very few stamp sets make the order.

I think demos must be getting tired of the quick turn over of stamps and dies. Hobby demos don’t have a large customer base to help make their minimums and I feel they can only demo a set for a year or less, that’s not a great investment.

Correct me if I’m wrong. :)

The retirement list is huge this year. Stampin Up is no longer partnering with Sizzix so all those products (machine, plates, dies, etc.) are on the list. They are discontinuing their paper trimmer too.

muscrat 04-30-2019 07:59 PM

Chicnscratch had an awesome video on YouTube where she went page by page in both catalogs and told you which was retiring and which was returning as cling mount.