Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2007, 06:00 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping Demo Dilemma

I feel sick about this situation and I need to get it out. I've been having a whale of a time with a "certain stamp company" concerning an order I placed on December 6th.

I wrote the following to the company on Dec 28th, a day before my demo called me:

"Dear Sir or Madam:

I placed an order with my demo on December 6, 2006.
It has not yet arrived, and I have been unable to
reach her for more than a week. My credit card was
debited on December 13, 2006, so I know that the order
has been processed. Is there any way to find out if
it was shipped yet or when I should expect it to
arrive?

[...my info, demo's info...]

I have some important projects that I was going to
make as gifts with the stamp sets and supplies I
ordered. I had expected to receive the order before
now, and I have to know if I should still plan on
making these gifts or if I should purchase new gifts
and cards elsewhere. Please let me know soon.

Sincerely,
Rebecca _____"

So the next day my demo calls because she was finally able to get my message, and we get a whole lot of things straightened out between us. For a variety of very good and valid reasons, she had been unable to place my order (I had wrongly assumed that if my cc was charged that the order had gone through), but that she was doing so that day. She loaned me her stamps and gave me a free set at her expense which I thought was going way above and beyond.

I wasn't angry, I just wanted to know what had happened and what was going on. If anything, I thought the company was at fault! As it is, the order *still* isn't here and this time I know for certain that she placed the order on the 29th.

My dilemma is that just today, 14 days after I contacted them, I found out that they sent my demo an e-mail threatening legal action of some kind! She hadn't heard from the company at all before this and neither had I. She is very hurt and upset by all this, and I can't blame her -- I would be too! I also think it's deplorable that they waited two weeks to contact either of us about anything.

I feel just awful about contacting the company at all. I was only requesting information. I never intended to get her in trouble or imply that I was unhappy with her services. I never thought she did anything wrong in the first place! She's going through myriad difficulties in her life right now and doesn't need this on top of everything. Apparently they're keeping my "complaint" as a permanent negative in her file. This is so unfair!

What can I do?

Rebecca
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I would contact the company again and tell them the situation was resolved to your satisfaction on whatever date and ask them to withdraw your complaint....

that should take care of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

yep, I think that's a good answer. And I'm glad you and her have worked it out and you are happy with her. I am also glad to hear that the certain stamp company followed through, even though it sounds pretty harsh, with the demo.

I had a bad situation (and there were several of us in the same situation because we all attended monthly stamp camp) with a demo from a different stamp company and she regularly did not deliver or order our products in a timely manner. She was my first stamp demo, so I didn't know any different. But as the turn around time from our order/payment date and the delivery date extended to 6 weeks and then to months for some ladies, many of us contacted the company and they did nothing. We left as her customers, for obvious reasons, and she continues to be a demo. Although we phone called, e-mailed and snail mailed the company, they did not follow through with US in any way. One gal was out over $200 of product!

So it's nice to hear a company following through and maybe there were other customers who also called about their orders?

And yes I do think letting the company know that it has been resolved is a good idea. Happy stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2007, 07:58 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, *after* you get your order contact the company and let them know everything worked out so they can make a note of that in her "file". But don't feel bad, I would have done the same thing and I'm sure your demo understands what happened.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes