Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #41  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by krabearkub
I don't like inking bold images with the spots because it seems to leave streaks.
I pretty much only use spots. I find that by turning the stamp upside down and using the twist and pat motion for inking, I get good coverage. The advantage to doing it this way is that you can see exactly how it's inked up.

I store all of my spots upside down. To keep them from leaking, make sure there are no loose threads around the edges of the top layer of the pad. If there are any, trim them. Otherwise, they can leak through to the label and the box.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #42  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda0711
I have all the classic spots. I pay attention to which spots I use frequently and then I buy the ink pad for that color. I have lots of ink pads that I want to get soon. I hope to have all the pads by the end of the year. But I will still use my spots for small stuff and for traveling.
This is exactly what I do, too. Sometimes its hard to know exactly which inks you will use most often until you get them & start working with them. They are soooo convenient for taking along somewhere - I can have all the colours available to me without taking up much space in my bag (I also store them in empty BG containers which is GREAT). I do have the large pads in Earth Elements, but I really find that I only reach for a couple of them and use my spots most often. I am glad I have the neutrals in the large pads since they are what I use most often for larger stamps, but the spots are great for the rest. The only "colour" I am really happy for in the larger size is the Chocolate Chip ... but then, I'm a chocoholic!

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Old 06-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #43  
Inking Addict

I thought the same thing as you......used mostly black, but thought I might want to use some of the colors once in a while. I bought all the spots, LOVE them! Lately though, I'm thinking about investing in the full size pads. I just really love the colors!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:08 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Michael's/Joann's/Hobby Lobby; depends on who has the best sales!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
I had read on SCS that DS recommends that demos don't have their customers store spots upside down because they can leak. Anyone have problems with that?

Mine haven't leaked on me but the other day I went to use one and there was a pool of ink on the pad. I didn't want to waste the ink by wiping it off, and it was too juicy to stamp with so I had to get another color (big ink pad). Has anyone else had this problem? Is it okay to store them right side up?? Other than this minor hiccup, I LOVE these!! I bought the craft ink spots in all the colors last winter. I like that with the craft you can stamp on fabric and heat set it. I also have the big ink pads but they are all classic and I find myself reaching more and more for the spots, it's nice to have one little box and 12 colors!!! Shelly
Old 06-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #45  
Watercolor Wizard

Thank you so much for asking this question! I've been wondering the same thing about the spots.
TSG Blog
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #46  
Crimping Master

craft spots right side up, maybe different for original spots?
here's a thread where I asked about storing craft spots...
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=129685
Old 06-29-2006, 02:25 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

I'm sorry that I bought all the full-sized pads. I got the spots for the new colours last year, and I've been lovin' them all year long. I also buy the reinkers (only for the colours that I use a lot), and then I have that ink for watercolouring. If I could do it over again, I'd have all spots.

View My Gallery
Old 06-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #48  
Kookie Creator

I don't think SU had spots when I first started buying the regular size classic pads (have almost all of them now). When the new colors came out I bought the set of spots and then bought all 4 families of craft spots when they were on sale - LOVE THEM! & actually like them better for inking up BG stamps (after I got the technique down) - no lines. I don't plan to buy regular size pads in the new colors. Go for the spots (store them bottom-up) & the refills.
Kitty
Old 06-29-2006, 05:42 PM   #49  
Glitter Queen

Well reading these posts - you guys helped talk me into buying the Craft spots! I have all the ink pads in classic but looking to get the craft to help me emboss easily! Thanks!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:43 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Check out this thread too!
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=159399
The new colors will not be in spots, pads only. There are some good ideas on making your own spots for the new colors here!

HTH

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 06-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

I bought my first SU! spots in 1999 -- they've been available for quite awhile now. I *love* them, and only have the big pads in the colors they don't have in the spots! Am going to try making my own spots for the 6 new colors, in a slightly larger size. I'll post pix if it works. BTW -- I've stored my spots right-side-up for years and never had a problem. Your mileage may vary, of course!

Happy trails...

Sue

Quote:

Originally Posted by santakitty
I don't think SU had spots when I first started buying the regular size classic pads (have almost all of them now). When the new colors came out I bought the set of spots and then bought all 4 families of craft spots when they were on sale - LOVE THEM! & actually like them better for inking up BG stamps (after I got the technique down) - no lines. I don't plan to buy regular size pads in the new colors. Go for the spots (store them bottom-up) & the refills.
Kitty
Old 06-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #52  
Die Cut Diva

Ok, I just got my answer to the question of the day! This link

http://www.welburngourdfarm.com/inde...ROD&ProdID=124

is for *FELT* spots to make your own spots for the 6 new colors coming out. The foam spots that are sold by

www.franticstamper.com

are suited for craft ink.

HTH

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 07-05-2006, 07:47 AM   #53  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay--I've got my dye ink spots ordered from the gourd farm. I'm getting an extra six for a friend, and 12 for me, so I can be prepared for next year's
In Colors....
Old 07-05-2006, 08:05 AM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

WTO Debra!

I have my felt spots ordered too from the Gourd company! Fran has my foam spots in the mail already and they are due here tomorrow!

The new colors should be here soon to I hope and the mixing shall begin! I got extra foam spots so I could make my own spots for the VV & WW craft inks I have (have big pad, want spots).

Will let you all know how it goes!

Karen

Old 07-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile spots

I love the spots as well. I do not have the craft spots but I do have the ink spots in each of the color families. I use them on big stamps w/o much of a problem. Just lay your big stamp on your table rubber side up then just pick up your spot and cover the whole stamp. I buy the bigger pad if it is a color that I use a lot. Yes be sure to buy the reinker.

My Blog http://crazystamplady.blogspot.com
Old 07-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

Such a timely thread -- I was just debating whether to buy a set of the craft spots -- I'm thinking about moving the stamping into my scrapbooks (so far these have been two VERY separate things for me! -- stamps go on cards, not in scrapbooks but HEY, time to live a little!)
Old 07-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

i can tell you I don't even use my full size ink pads now!!! only the ones i cant in spots. these things are awesome!!! Easy to store, easy to travel with , easy to use and way too easy !! I say go for it!!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:02 PM   #58  
Inking Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to paperwife

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
I had read on SCS that DS recommends that demos don't have their customers store spots upside down because they can leak. Anyone have problems with that?
I always store mine upside down and I haven't had any problems.