Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Stampin Around Wheels (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/stampin-around-wheels-707/)

rebecca rabbit 04-30-2004 01:35 PM

Stampin Around Wheels

Would appreciate any ideas on storing the wheels. I am setting up a classroom environment for my stamp camps and would like to have them available for fellow stampers. I have them in drawers now but doesn't work to great! Appreciate ideas....all of you are so creative and helpful and it's great to be a part of this awesome site. Thanks....Rebecca :lol: :lol: :lol:

mycattracks 04-30-2004 01:55 PM

stampin around wheels

:idea: I have seen them stored on thread organizers, which are made with dowels. Use your 50 percent off cupon from JoAnn fabrics or make your own all you need is some 3\4" x any with wood, dowels, a drill and wood glue and possibly a hammer if the dowels fit tightly. Good luck :!:

rebecca rabbit 04-30-2004 02:23 PM

Thanks...that's a great idea...off to Joann's!! Appreciate your suggestion. Organization is my biggest challenge in the world of stamping! :lol:

ktja0227 04-30-2004 02:43 PM

wheels

I store my wheels on pant hangers...I got mine for $3.00. I just take off the rubber part and they fit perfectly...

HTH,
Kelli

rebecca rabbit 04-30-2004 03:28 PM

Wow...who would have thought...thanks for the creative idea! Rebecca :roll:

Doris 04-30-2004 06:08 PM

I store my wheels in small plastic baskets....you can get five wheels to the basket and I found them at Michaels or Joanns in packs of three for $2 or so. They fit nicely in my drawer and in this way they do not slide around nor do I have to pull off 3 wheels to get to the one wheel I want. Good Luck! :wink:

Kar 05-03-2004 11:23 AM

I store all my wheels in pringles containers. Each container holds 7 wheels and I stamp what wheels are inside on paper and attach that around the can, then can see at a glance what is in the can!

stillstampin 05-05-2004 07:59 AM

I love the Pringles idea - especially if you have to transport them to a stamp camp!!

NavyWyf 05-05-2004 11:38 AM

Me too - I'm getting Pringles for the children tonight so I can have two containers 8)

sustamps 05-05-2004 04:13 PM

Wheel Holders

I store my wheels on pant hangers. I use to use Pringles cans and also Tennis ball containers ( I have 3 dogs). The Tennis ball containers are great because they are clear and you can see the wheel you want. :lol: I have so many wheels that I have 4 pant hangers that hold 4 pair of pants.. :P
Rubber Hugs..
Janet

Chris Fuhs 05-05-2004 06:01 PM

Wheels stored on a peg board

I store my wheels on a peg board mounted on the wall. A big peg board costs about $5 and then you add in some of the metal hangers. Pretty cheap for a LOT of space for wheels, scissors, crimper...all sorts of stuff. Very easy to access/ very easy to see what's there.

rebecca rabbit 05-05-2004 06:11 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions....I am looking so forward to having my stamping area organized. Two of my friends are helping because organization is not one of my high points! Just love to create. THanks again....you all have given me some great ideas. Rebecca