In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default Stampfest Orlando - 6/24 & 6/25

Are you going? It would be cool to meet up with some SCS'ers, TJ'ers, InkyAntics'ers....

Here's more info: http://www.stampfest.com/Shows/
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:26 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
ScrappinMomma75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 655
Default

Oh, I wish I could go. If only I still lived in Orlando, I would go. I wasn't into rubberstamping when we lived there, so if they had these things or not, I don't know. If they had them, I know now that I was really missing out. Bummer!!
__________________
Susan- Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Married to Scott- 16 years
SAHM to Thomas- 14 years old; Caleb- 3 years old
ScrappinMomma75 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
sassyat30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 15,272
Default

OMG...I am *so* gonna be in Orlando for those days...we're going to Disney!!!

eta: I just checked it out...waaaayy too expensive for me...sorry!!
sassyat30 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector
 
jcber12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10
Default

I am definitely planning on going...so many stamps.so little time....I am never disappointed...I am planning on going on the Saturday!
jcber12 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:40 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30
OMG...I am *so* gonna be in Orlando for those days...we're going to Disney!!!

eta: I just checked it out...waaaayy too expensive for me...sorry!!
It's only $6.00 to get in. Do you mean the classes? or perhaps the hotels or airfare?
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2006, 06:21 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

BTT
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper
 
ninatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 2,488
Default

I'm going! My poor husband carted stuff out to the car three times for the one in Clearwater, and Orlando is a larger show.

Marco's has great paper sales at the shows, and there are specials where you just can't get stuff anywhere else.

I also want to find out what the heck that lady is doing with a large bottle of gin - she always has one at Sea-side Stampers and does something with gin and fine spray bottles. Hmmmmmm.

Nina
ninatar is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
sassyat30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 15,272
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529
It's only $6.00 to get in. Do you mean the classes? or perhaps the hotels or airfare?
Nadine, I must have been looking at all the classes...$30 for two hours worth of class?? Don't think so!
sassyat30 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:11 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30
Nadine, I must have been looking at all the classes...$30 for two hours worth of class?? Don't think so!
I agree. That seems pretty high, unless they give you supplies with your purchase. I haven't ever taken any of the classes though, so I don't know what they're like. It seems like I've learned everything from either here or from Technique Junkies - and both sources are a lot less expensive!!
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool
 
dgmlmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,471
Default

I also want to find out what the heck that lady is doing with a large bottle of gin - she always has one at Sea-side Stampers and does something with gin and fine spray bottles. Hmmmmmm.
Nina[/quote]

I believe it is used as a transfer medium. Although I have not seen it used at that particular vendor's booth.
Back to stampfest.... I am going! Last year I worked at a vendor's booth. I missed everything else! I worked my a** off, while the owner sat on a chair. I don't think I will ever do that again, well at least not the set up, and take down. The best part was getting paid in free merchandise. Anyway I'm really looking forward to the show this year, but my budget will have to be limited because I have a way too long of "need" list from SU.
Dina
dgmlmax is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 05:35 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

Ok girls! I just purchased a SCS tee and that's what I'll be wearing to Stampfest. If you see me, you better say hi!!!
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot
 
calgramma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Blanchard, Idaho
Posts: 5,254
Default

When you guys get back, be sure to post how it went. A friend of mine and I went to this convention waaaay back in 1997! It was in it's infancy then, but it was soooo much fun. Have a great time....wish I could be there!
__________________
Jeri Cyr
calgramma is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:56 AM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard
 
Sereikastamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,183
Default

Man I wish I could go!!!!! WAHHHHHH If I were in SC I would so drive down and leave the kids with my Dad while I stole my mom and we could then come toghether!!! My parent are thirty miles from Orlando... Maybe 2007
Sereikastamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:43 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

Bump
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #15  
Cat
Die Cut Diva
 
Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,802
Default

I may be going, but don't know for sure yet. I'll probably go on Sunday. The web link isn't working, so I can't get the details (like what time does it open?).
__________________

my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templates here
Cat is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #16  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
jeanstamping2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Meredosia Illinois
Posts: 14,601
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinMomma75
Oh, I wish I could go. If only I still lived in Orlando, I would go. I wasn't into rubberstamping when we lived there, so if they had these things or not, I don't know. If they had them, I know now that I was really missing out. Bummer!!
Me Too! I wish that I was visiting Orlando about now. then I could meet up with some other friends and go have a blast!!!
When I lived there I wasn't into Stamping or Scrapping either.
In fact I was born in Orlando.....
__________________
Nancy ** Stuff I create **
Creative Crew Member 2014
Past Design Team Member of :Clear and Simple: & Jessica Lynn Originals
jeanstamping2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:51 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator
 
sbarnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Sun Prairie,Wisconsin
Posts: 384
Default

I am so jealous of you guys. Some of my favorite vendors will be at your show. The paper cut, Inky antics, agw-etc. I have taken classes with both of them and while it may seem expensive to some, I am a hobby demo that doesn' t really have an upline or do shows I just do this for fun and I love to learn new things. I am not nearly as creative as you all so the classes are a fun way for a beginner to create some beautiful items like you all do here on scs. Maybe someday I will think it is too much but right now it is just my little form of entertainment. I am going to a show here in madison this weekend, maybe some wisconsinites will be there? www.StampScrapMadison.com
Have fun in orlando!
__________________
Steph- My Gallery
"Those of you in the cheaper seats clap your hands, those of you in the more expensive ones rattle your jewelry."-John Lennon
sbarnet is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
I may be going, but don't know for sure yet. I'll probably go on Sunday. The web link isn't working, so I can't get the details (like what time does it open?).
Sat 9-5
Sun 10-3

It also says that strollers will be allowed after 2:00 on Sat and all day on Sunday.

__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert
 
Lisa S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Manhattan Illinois
Posts: 4,145
Default

I'll be there Saturday - planning on meeting some others at the JFF Booth at 11:00!

I'm flying in from Chicago to spend some time with my parents for the week...hmmmm think this trip was planned around Stamp Fest! Looking forward to meeting those who are going.
__________________
Lisa Somerville - Splendiferous Creations
Desiger for: Kitchen Sink Stamps, Artistic Outpost, Verses, North Coast Creations, ODBD Alumni Team, Staedtler
Lisa S is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool
 
dgmlmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,471
Default

I'm bummed sort of. I was planning on going to stampfest, but now my plans have changed. My son went away for the entire summer, and it's the 1st time he has been away from us (his family).He is performing with the Boston Crusaders a Drum and Bugle Corp, he plays the trumpet. They are touring and competing though out the eastern states. We are planning on going to see him at the end of July, in Atlanta, Ga. He isn't going to be in performing in Florida. Anyway, we decided that July is too far off, since we miss him so much. So we decided to go to Columbia, SC this saturday. As it turned out it's the same day as stampfest Orlando. I am bummed as far as missing stampfest, but totally excited about seeing my son! He had a bad week missing us last week, with Father's day, our anniversary and my birthday, and his 17th birthday was the week before. So even though we will only see him for a short time, it's worth it! I can't wait! I hope everyone else enjoys stampfest.
Dina
dgmlmax is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa S
I'll be there Saturday - planning on meeting some others at the JFF Booth at 11:00!

I'm flying in from Chicago to spend some time with my parents for the week...hmmmm think this trip was planned around Stamp Fest! Looking forward to meeting those who are going.
Hi Lisa! I'll be wearing an SCS shirt and will be looking for you at the JFF Booth. I'm actually keeping my fingers crossed that my friend who's supposed to be going with me doesn't back out. She may have babysitter issues. I'll probably go it alone anyway, but its a long 3 1/2 hours in the car!!
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:45 AM   #22  
Stampin' Fool
 
dgmlmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,471
Default

Well Stampfest is over, I didn't go as I mentioned in an earlier post. But I'm curious, what was hot, anything new, any new techniques? To those of you who did go, please tell all. Thanks.
Dina
dgmlmax is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

Hi Dina!

I went yesterday. Truth be told, I really didn't see anything too new or extremely exciting. I did have a field day buying stamps, but a lot of them I have had on my wish list for a while. There were a fair amount of vendors there, but as far as I could tell, many of them didn't have a lot of new stuff.

I did buy 3 sets from Rubber Stamp Tapestry that I've been playing with today. That booth was pretty busy. If you haven't seen them, take a peek at www.rubberstamptapestry.com. They are a lot of fun so far!

I also bought a few more stamps (and I have many!) from Inky Antics, but they didn't have their new supplement/catty out yet either. And Impression Obsession made a pretty penny off of me as well.

I got there at 11:10, met Lisa S. and her mom from here and Technique Junkies for a few minutes (it was so nice to meet people whose work I've admired for a while!) shopped and was out by around 2:00.
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #24  
Cat
Die Cut Diva
 
Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,802
Default

Lot of driving for a short visit, Nadine!

I didn't make it today, as I had hoped. But, I did stamp all day instead. Sounds like I didn't miss much. Thanks for the udpate.
__________________

my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templates here
Cat is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:50 AM   #25  
Stampin' Fool
 
dgmlmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,471
Default

Nadine, Thanks for filling me in on what I missed. It sounds like I saved myself quite a bit of money! I'm sure there would have been many must haves for me. I still have a long list of retired SU that I need to order, so I'm glad that I didn't have the opportunity to spend anything extra there. I did see Rubber Stamp Tapestry there last year, the booth was busy all day. I didn't get any for 2 reasons, one I couldn't decide which set, and second I was wondering if the results are as fantastic as the owner/ artist herself produces. I'll check out your cards when you upload. I'm sure yours will be equally as beautiful., and then I'm going to want them! You did manage to get around quickly, I usually go around fast but them go back around several more times (in case I missed anything), although I can do that fairly fast too. One time my DH was in the area driving the kids around while I looked, when I called him he said you're done already! Anyway, it sounds like you did enjoy it. I'm already planning on attending next year, if nothing else comes up. I think they may also have a show in Tampa, I see if I can manage that one, but it's still a long time off. Thanks again for the info, enjoy all of your new stamps.
Dina
dgmlmax is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:03 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgmlmax
Nadine, Thanks for filling me in on what I missed. It sounds like I saved myself quite a bit of money! I'm sure there would have been many must haves for me. I still have a long list of retired SU that I need to order, so I'm glad that I didn't have the opportunity to spend anything extra there. I did see Rubber Stamp Tapestry there last year, the booth was busy all day. I didn't get any for 2 reasons, one I couldn't decide which set, and second I was wondering if the results are as fantastic as the owner/ artist herself produces. I'll check out your cards when you upload. I'm sure yours will be equally as beautiful., and then I'm going to want them! You did manage to get around quickly, I usually go around fast but them go back around several more times (in case I missed anything), although I can do that fairly fast too. One time my DH was in the area driving the kids around while I looked, when I called him he said you're done already! Anyway, it sounds like you did enjoy it. I'm already planning on attending next year, if nothing else comes up. I think they may also have a show in Tampa, I see if I can manage that one, but it's still a long time off. Thanks again for the info, enjoy all of your new stamps.
Dina
You're welcome Dina! I think part of the reason I got through so fast was because I had gone to the one in Clearwater a few months back and between then and now, there just wasn't very much new stuff. Good thing too, because from what I'm hearing about the upcoming new SU! catty, I'm going to spend a small fortune!!!
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:23 AM   #27  
Mad Swapper
 
ninatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 2,488
Default

I went Saturday, too. Sorry, I missed you, Nadine - I walked in right at 9:00, took a break at lunch and then left at 2:00. So I was on I-4 and the turnpike in a blinding rain.

It was so crowded that one lady fainted. It was very difficult to get around, and it was very congested.

I bought lots of different kinds of glossy paper from different vendors - at least six different kinds. Marcos Paper and Paper Cut had great bargains. I bought several punches half price. Most of the paper I bought was half price, and no shipping - I saved a ton on papers that I simply can't get locally.

The demonstrations were particularly good - the Stampin' Up table was awesome. She was using the acrylic sheets stamped with inks from Stampin' spots, and blender pens. The card was really cute.

There were lots of make and takes, and some of the cutest stamps and the best bargains were gone by 10:00.

I learned all about 91% alchohol, different spritzing techniques, and how to use foil in several different ways. I bought far fewer stamps, and far more tools, inks and paper this time. One vendor had beautiful washi papers and embossing powders and demonstrated faux metals.

I took a ton of pictures - photo of sample cards were worth the trip for me.

Nina
ninatar is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:35 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
nadine529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 15,683
Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninatar
I went Saturday, too. Sorry, I missed you, Nadine - I walked in right at 9:00, took a break at lunch and then left at 2:00. So I was on I-4 and the turnpike in a blinding rain.

It was so crowded that one lady fainted. It was very difficult to get around, and it was very congested.

I bought lots of different kinds of glossy paper from different vendors - at least six different kinds. Marcos Paper and Paper Cut had great bargains. I bought several punches half price. Most of the paper I bought was half price, and no shipping - I saved a ton on papers that I simply can't get locally.

The demonstrations were particularly good - the Stampin' Up table was awesome. She was using the acrylic sheets stamped with inks from Stampin' spots, and blender pens. The card was really cute.

There were lots of make and takes, and some of the cutest stamps and the best bargains were gone by 10:00.

I learned all about 91% alchohol, different spritzing techniques, and how to use foil in several different ways. I bought far fewer stamps, and far more tools, inks and paper this time. One vendor had beautiful washi papers and embossing powders and demonstrated faux metals.

I took a ton of pictures - photo of sample cards were worth the trip for me.

Nina
Bummer to have missed you Nina! It was really busy in there. I did bump into another gal from SCS, but she never said what her real name was, only her user name. She was wearing an SCS shirt (I was too)

The rain was so bad going home that at one point I had no choice but to pull over and wait for it to pass. The thunder and lightening were happening almost exactly at the same time; I guess I was right in the center of the storm.
__________________
~Nadine

C'est moi, c'est tout.
nadine529 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Orlando Stamp Stores LAshwell General Stamping Talk 3 04-10-2006 07:52 AM