Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Stamp store in Winchester, VA? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/stamp-store-winchester-va-534700/)

NettieBaker 08-04-2011 08:45 AM

Stamp store in Winchester, VA?

Hi all!
My new residence is going to be in Winchester, VA. I do not know anything about any stamp stores in that town. Do you live there? Can you tell me where there are stamp stores, or do I need to just get my supplies online? I'm still in Phoenix, right now, so maybe I will have to load up before I go back there? I don't mind shopping for that! LOL!!! Please let me know if you have a favorite stamp store back there!
Thanks!
Nettie

sharonji27 08-04-2011 02:07 PM

Welcome to the East coast! I can't help you directly, but Berkeley Springs, WV which is 20 minutes away is a very artsy town so I bet you can find something in one of the towns. Good luck with your move!

NettieBaker 08-04-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharonji27 (Post 18591420)
Welcome to the East coast! I can't help you directly, but Berkeley Springs, WV which is 20 minutes away is a very artsy town so I bet you can find something in one of the towns. Good luck with your move!

Wow! This is so kewl! I don't mind going for a drive, specially there. It's just so beautiful. I am from San Diego and we are desert there. The trees in Virginia are just such a knock-out for me. Now, an artsy town is perfect, too. I will go Google them and see what comes up. Thank you so much!!!!

Nettie

monicas silcott 08-04-2011 04:09 PM

Hey Nettie,

Welcome to the area. I actually live on the other side of the DC Metro area (almost in Annapolis). Check out this thread (there are some great ladies who live in your part of the world):
DC/VA/WV/MD/PA SCS Stampers

Susan has planned a retreat for Sept. I can't go, DH is having major surgery and will be recovering. Join us on the thread, like I said great group of ladies.

Joan B 08-04-2011 04:21 PM

I think the closest might be Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston, VA. Angela's Happy Stamper - Rubber Stamping in Northern Virginia a fabulous store!!! call before you go to get exact directions as it is behind a row of stores and can be hard to find.

Winchester has a cute downtown and was just named a great place to retire. Welcome to VA!!!

PH in VA 08-05-2011 05:35 AM

Welcome to Virginia!

Winchester is a little over an hour away from me so I don't go there often. I know there were a couple LSSes there about 5 or 7 years ago but to be point-blank honest, I'd be surprised if either of them is still in business. They were both pretty close to Apple Blossom Mall.

If you like the trees now, just wait until they have their fall colors! :)

StampinChrissylea 08-07-2011 09:13 AM

Hi there! I live just outside winchester in stephens city. There is a shop on pleasant valley rd called Studio Art Shop. It has a nice selection and the ladies there are very sweet. The group referenced above are very welcoming...Ive just not had a chance to get involved yet. I am kind of a loner so it takes me awhile to jump into things. We also have a michaels and getting a hobby lobby in sept.

If you have any questions about the area, housing, schools or relocation information we have been through all of that over the last year and can give lots of help...just pm me. I really love it here.

Chris

mcoffee96 08-07-2011 09:54 AM

Welcome to VA! You will love it here! Several stores have closed but my favorite is Angela's Happy Stamper in Reston. It's about an hour or so from Winchester but well worth the trip. They are great there and the classes are wonderful.

ellesart 08-08-2011 06:16 AM

Welcome Nettie -
I live near Williamsburg, VA so can't help you with LSS in Winchester, however, I can tell you that the dc-va-wv-md-pa-scs-stampers group is wonderful! I have joined lots of their swaps and attended some gatherings in Reston and Stephens City. We always have a great time so feel free to join us.
Ellen

primitiveseasons 08-08-2011 12:14 PM

The Queen's Ink in Savage MD would be a bit of a drive. It's in Howard Co. MD but it's a fabulous shop.

Mary

cerridwen3301 08-08-2011 12:29 PM

welcome to the area! i too think angelas is about the best place - i have yet to make it to the queens ink. angela has some fantastic classes as well. if i had more money i would sure take some more there!