Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2006, 05:26 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamp A Stack?

OK, saw this term in today's new cards, tried searching for more, found SAS, etc. but no explanation of just what it *is*
If, as it sounds, it's a way to make a lot of the same cards, I'd like to know more, as I have just volunteered to make dozens of thank you cards for our local historical society, and I know my usual approach of too much time per card, changing my mind umpty dozen times along the way, just won't work!
--Liz
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 05:56 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I think it's where you use the SU - simply scrappin kits and make a bunch of cards....if it is, I personally don't like the cards at all, I find them very plain and bland. I'd rather use the simply scrappin kits for the 6X6 scrapbook book.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

The SAS that I have attended are where you pay a set fee and make 4 each of 5 different cards. You go home with 20 cards & envies all ready to mail out. It's a great way to complete Christmas cards but I also like to go when they're doing B-days, Thinking of you, all occassion. Depends on what time of year you have a stamp-a-stack. You also take your own adhesive or pre-order it when you pre-register for the event. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 05:59 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

That way sounds better than the ones I've been to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 06:44 PM   #5  
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

Okay, I'm a SU Demo and this is what I do at my Stamp-a-stack stampcamps. We make 6 different cards-2 of each. That way my customers can have one to send, and use one as a sample for reference... I charge $15 supply fee-or waive that if they have a $75 order. This covers dinner, supplies, etc.

This is done differently by other demos in my upline and sidelines. I will have a LAST MINUTE (like December 1 Christmas Stamp-a-Stack where they make 5 of 3 different cards...This is for my customers who forgot to make cards for the mailman, salon stylist, nail lady, etc. This is really just a "special for the customers," as they probably will not order any of the stamps used.

However, it's a night out, and they will get to enjoy stamping without guilt! Great "gift" for the customers. I will NOT charge a supply fee for this, as it is a stamping night gift for the "special customers."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2006, 10:00 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Liz, it sounds like what you need is to set up an assembly line, lol. Really! Whenever I am in a swap or do Christmas cards where I am making multiples of one image, I do this.

First, do all my dinking around designing the prototype. THEN break it down into steps and cut/prepare each part of the card. If there are 16 cards, then I take 8 pieces of cardstock, cut them in half and set them aside. Cut 16 of the next layer, 16 of the next, etc. If one of the layers is stamped with a design, say a background stamp, stamp all 16 at once. Basically your just doing each step at the same time for all 16 cards.

So you get your piles all set up, and then just start putting together. You'll be amazed at how many you'll get done in a short period of time! Much, much faster than making each card in its entirety one at a time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 07:47 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for clearing this up for me, everyone! I'll have to see if my demo is planning any stamp camps or Stamp-a-stack events, they sound like fun.

Meanwhile, I appreciate your tips on assembly-line construction. I figured I would do it that way, more or less, but I'll have to resist the impulse to make each one just a little bit different, or to change up the colors, paper, stamp, etc. as I go along Guess I'm easily bored!

--Liz
Reply With Quote Likes