Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Which stamp set's gallery are you most disappointed with?

Obviously some stamp sets are nicer/more versatile than others. But I find that some of the galleries for stamp sets I like are really disappointing.

An example would be "Noteworthy". I really like this stamp set and think it has lots of potential. Yet there are only a handful of truly CASE-worthy cards in there (and the overall number of cards is very low).

So, which stamp set galleries are you most disappointed with?

And if you or someone else is disappointed in a gallery that you own the stamp for, how about creating a new card for the gallery?

Great, now I've gonna run off and make a noteworthy card.
See ya later!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: in my own little bubble, I like it here. Actually I'm in a tiny town in Tx with no stop light!

Dreams and dragons. I want that set sooo bad for my daughters scrapbooks, but for 50 bucks I just can't I really wanted it to come back! Anyhow, there are very few cards in the gallery and not much a cute as it could be!
Old 06-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I think the problem with some stamp sets, especially those like Noteworthy, is that it ends up being a secondary set in a project, and then the card that features it ends up in a different category. Perhaps searching the entire gallery by the keyword Noteworthy would pull up more.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 06-26-2006, 04:01 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Default True but...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristransue
I think the problem with some stamp sets, especially those like Noteworthy, is that it ends up being a secondary set in a project, and then the card that features it ends up in a different category. Perhaps searching the entire gallery by the keyword Noteworthy would pull up more.
I think this is true for this set in particular, but other sets I am disappointed with are Best Blossoms, Toy Box, Nice & Easy Notes and I would have thought that these would be categorized correctly.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Interesting thread....I never really noticed if I was disappointed in any gallery before though....
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I was a little bummed with the small size of the Paisley gallery, but once I did what SereikaStamper said and did a gallery search for it there were bajillions! All of the background stamp galleries are kind of small.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:43 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Well said. That's what I was going to say. I always write all the stamps in the keywords area so people can look it up that way.

Quote:

Old 06-26-2006, 05:44 PM   #8  
Sassy Shani

Ditto!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
Interesting thread....I never really noticed if I was disappointed in any gallery before though....
Old 06-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZShann
Well said. That's what I was going to say. I always write all the stamps in the keywords area so people can look it up that way.
If you put the sets under stamps, you don't need to put it in the keyword box, too. It will come up. The keyword box is for extra, like thank you, birthday, or sympathy... so you can search for a theme. Don't forget to put commas between ideas in your keyword box
Old 06-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Great point!
Old 06-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

What she said.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Wink

Quote:

Yeah... and "ouch" to those with the "non-CASE-worthy" creations!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:25 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MazG
Obviously some stamp sets are nicer/more versatile than others. But I find that some of the galleries for stamp sets I like are really disappointing.

An example would be "Noteworthy". I really like this stamp set and think it has lots of potential. Yet there are only a handful of truly CASE-worthy cards in there (and the overall number of cards is very low).

So, which stamp set galleries are you most disappointed with?

And if you or someone else is disappointed in a gallery that you own the stamp for, how about creating a new card for the gallery?

Great, now I've gonna run off and make a noteworthy card.
See ya later!
I wouldn't say disappointed but sometimes surprised there are not more uploads. Wild Things, For The Love of Chocolate, Stella Stamper, etc

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 06-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
If you put the sets under stamps, you don't need to put it in the keyword box, too. It will come up. The keyword box is for extra, like thank you, birthday, or sympathy... so you can search for a theme. Don't forget to put commas between ideas in your keyword box
But if you also put the name of each of the sets in keywords, that makes it "clickable". Way faster than going to the gallery search and typing in all the words.
John 3:16
Old 06-26-2006, 09:44 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJ
But if you also put the name of each of the sets in keywords, that makes it "clickable". Way faster than going to the gallery search and typing in all the words.
Wow!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

I don't care for the hope is gallery too much. I have this set, and I can't really find much to do with it. I made a few cute cards, but now I'm just stumped
Old 06-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #17  
Watercolor Wizard

I am a little disappointed with the Out of this World gallery, I love this set and whilst there are some gorgeous cards in there, there are only 12 examples. My son and his friends who are 7, just love that set.I must have made upwards of 20 cards wth this set and it would just be interesting to see if there were any ideas I had missed.
But then I am just as guilty, I never upload the cards I make with this set, because they are always last minute as I am rushing out the door to a party!

Old 06-27-2006, 04:19 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJ
Where has my head been that I never noticed that??? That's fantastic. I will be much more diligent about getting pertinent information into the keywords when I upload now!!
Thank you so much for sharing that!!

Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps

Design Team Member -
The Project Bin
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Old 06-27-2006, 04:28 AM   #19  
Glitter Guru

I have to admit teacher talk.doesn't have any creative cards in that gallery.I have bought both sets last year and this past year,and there are some cute animals in these sets.Like the ostrich can be used without the words for a zoo page.the turtle is so cute alone.then you have a star fish for a beach page,a whale for an ocean page or aquarium page,the penguin can be used for a winter or christmas page if you use markers you can draw right on the stamp and eliminate the pencil then color in the remaining black for the bottom part of the pencil to fill in.
the toucan bird can be used for a tropical page or not have the words and add a baloon to it rather than the words

2004 05 set

has a light bulb .not sure on this one but I'm sure others would come up with something for this.the balloon can be used alone on a birthday card,the dinosaur is awesome as is or a birthday card a layout on a dinasour museum page.digging for dinasours in the sand fossils.the frog is cool as is .so is the hedgehog without the words,I cut all my words out seperate and left all the other things images alone on the stamp.then you can use them when you need them if your not a teacher.I just think in the right hands these 2 sets are and can be very versatile when people get the creative juices flowing.I needed a turtle for a atc swap.and bought the set for that.Now I can have a turtle and yes he's very cute too.

I'm bummed there aren't more people playing around with these 2 sets.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:08 AM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

I wish there were more cards in darling dragons and cat's meow.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:39 AM   #21  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

My 2 cents here........

When you say a gallery is lacking, that is hurtful to those nice ladies that have posted their artwork in there.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:31 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by digby
Yeah... and "ouch" to those with the "non-CASE-worthy" creations!
Yeah, my first thought was, "Hey, I have a couple cards I am darn proud of in that gallery"
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 06-27-2006, 07:47 AM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Default What I actually said...

was some galleries have less cards than others. If CASE-worthy cards are generally a % of the whole (on average), these galleries will obviously have less examples of CASE-worthy cards than the larger galleries.

There are still CASE-worthy cards in every gallery. And note that I didn't mention any names as to what is and what isn't CASE-worthy as that is a matter of personal taste.

I know that some/many of my cards aren't CASE-worthy by the number of views and the comments received. We can't all make CASE-worthy cards all of the time. It is a learning experience.

The point of this thread was not to criticize but to encourage more uploads to galleries where there are lower numbers of cards and therefore lower numbers of CASE-worthy cards. To fix any problem, you have to acknowledge it first.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:54 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Exclamation galleries that are "lacking"

Quote:

Yeah, my first thought was, "Hey, I have a couple cards I am darn proud of in that gallery"
On the other hand, each of the 80,000 plus members on SCS have different tastes. I know that what I like and what my stamping buddy likes are different. I have gone into some members galleries and said, "nope, won't be coming back here" and to others and said, "oh, I love all she (or he) does". Maybe I would like just a few.

So, all that said, if someone doesn't appreciate what I do, someone else does. I let it go. It is not worth getting bent out of shape over. I post what I like and am proud of, and usually someone comments, and sometimes I am surprised by raves over something I thought was average.

I do wish there were MORE posts on some sets though. I end up trying to find a similar set that I could adapt for something I have, and that takes a lot of time.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
My 2 cents here........

When you say a gallery is lacking, that is hurtful to those nice ladies that have posted their artwork in there.
Well put.
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Old 06-27-2006, 08:17 AM   #26  
Splitcoast Team Member

One thing that I noticed is many of the sets that have been mentioned are either 1) older or 2) mini catalog or SAB sets.

Those galleries are bound to be smaller because demonstrators tend to work with what is fresh, hot and selling for them. I don't like to work with a bunch of retired stuff, and then have my customers ask me to help them find them. That might be why the galleries are smaller with fewer options to "CASE". I know that Wild Wild West is one of my favorite sets, but there are just a handful of cards in there. Actually, wasn't even a Wild Wild West gallery until this past winter, and that set has been retired now for 2 years.

A suggestion for folks that want to increase the options in a particular gallery would be to host a swap either here on SCS or in your own private swap group and fill that gallery up. I know I wanted to see a lot of faux stitching projects back in the winter, so I posted a challenge on another group I am a member of. I sent prizes to the folks with the cards that had the most views, my personal favorite, person that posted the most projects in that gallery and to the project that had the most comments in a certain time period (one week, if I remember right). You might try something like that. My only suggestion is that you make sure you can keep your prize committment if you offer one. That became another "item" on my big ole to-do list. Worth it, but it put some extra stress on me until I mailed them all out.

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Old 06-27-2006, 09:18 AM   #27  
Hardware Hotshot

Marina, I have to agree with Lori!

Noteworthy (your example) is my favorite set in ages, but I don't have any of my lovely cards in the gallery because it was a SAB set and therfore it seemed pointless. We demonstrators think in marketing terms when we order merchandise and create/post examples. Stamps with a short shelf life get a brief frantic usage and then are put away.

I have about ten sets in my "permanent collection" and yes, Noteworthy is there! I'll have to think about digging out those cards and posting them. Thanks for the reminder!
SCS Fan Club Member #68691
http://gaylestamps.stampinup.net
Old 06-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
My 2 cents here........

Ouch! I have to agree with Jeanne! Wowzers! Sorry if any of my cards are "lacking!"
Old 06-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #29  
Watercolor Wizard

Ok let's not make this into more than it should be. I don't think the OP meant to say that the cards in the gallerys are not good but more of the fact that there are so many galleries that do not have a lot of cards......let's try to keep that the focus of this thread because if this thread starts going downhill I will close it.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

OK let's climb back UP the hill... A lot of times some of the "star" cards or the Star stampers are amazing but not caseable for me because I recognize they are beyond my capabilities in both time. talent and sheer supplies.

I really enjoyed the thread of unlayered cards and added a lot of those to my favorites as they were within *MY* realm of possibilities of time and ability. And some that might seem "not case worthy " OUCH are not commented on due to the aforementioned lack of time but not for lack of LOVE!!

So hats off to all the gallery contributors who fill our eyes with candy and our minds with possiblilities and our wishlists with ... wishes....

Betsy
Old 06-27-2006, 10:14 AM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you, Keri! That is the way I understood it and (hopefully) responded in that spirit.
SCS Fan Club Member #68691
http://gaylestamps.stampinup.net
Old 06-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #32  
Glitter Guru

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

I would say that the galleries that disappoint me are usually galleries for retired sets. Also, I agree with an above poster - galleries that disappoint me only means that there aren't many in there that are my style or skill level to CASE not that the cards in there aren't good or worth CASE-ing by someone else.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/