Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Stamp Out Breast Cancer!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/stamp-out-breast-cancer-2295/)

Jen Bruzdzinski 06-25-2004 07:21 AM

Stamp Out Breast Cancer!!!

Have you read Stampin Up's new promotion????? I can't wait to see what the new stamp set is- it's only available during the month of October!! I can't believe they didn't give us a peek- I can't wait that few weeks until the catalog comes out!

Very anxiously waiting,
Jen

Brownee 06-25-2004 07:26 AM

I have a picture of it if you want me to email it to ya.

Kymbers_Stampin 06-25-2004 07:27 AM

Yeah

I saw the stamp set and I'm very unimpressed. I'll send my few dollars to the Susan G Komen Society myself. I don't know their designated research facility, but I do know SGK and they are fantastic.

Beate 06-25-2004 07:30 AM

Oh...I love it. I like having those single words and he Hope saying. Love it. Can't wait to hold. I NEED it for those accordian and star books. NEED it.

jbalcer 06-25-2004 07:33 AM

I really like the individual words (believe & love), the sentiment (hope is beliving in a brighter tomorrow) and the ribbon heart. Will get one for sure - my docs do a lot of cancer work, and this will be great for patient correspondence. It was in the back of the latest Rubber Stamper if you want a peek.

Jen Bruzdzinski 06-25-2004 07:35 AM

thanks!! I'm a bit behind on my mail... and a bit behind here at work... so have to get off the net and work work work!!!! LOL!
Jen

LisaS25 06-25-2004 07:40 AM

Would love to see it!

I can't wait... anyone want to share. Man, I was not this excited last year about the book... I didn't even like the new book for about three weeks, lol.

Lisa
[email protected]

Steffani 06-25-2004 07:51 AM

Due to the fact that I lost an aunt to breast cancer Nov 2002, I will demo this set no matter what it looks like. I am also planning on sending any commission I receive from the set to the SGK research facility as well. Every little bit helps to save someone else's aunt. So even if you do not like the set, please, please, please, tell all your customers and try to push the set. My aunt and I thank you.

joleenieweenie 06-25-2004 07:52 AM

Can someone please email me a picture of this?? I am hoping to get it for my Stamp & Scrap Out Breast Cancer charity workshop in October!

RStacey 06-25-2004 08:09 AM

I agree...even if you don't like the set, it's for a wonderful cause. I have an aunt with breast cancer, and a former supervisor who is a survivor, as well as my next-door neighbor (who is like a 2nd mom to me-we've been neighbors for 31 years) who is also a survivor. I haven't seen the picture yet, but I WILL get the set. No matter which organization your $$ goes to, research is research and they are all in it for the same good. I can't wait to see the set and hopefully, in my lifetime, see a cure.

Ramona

stampin_melissa 06-25-2004 08:21 AM

Can someone please send me a copy? Who knows when I'll be able to look at the mag to see it. Somethings take a while to get over here. Thanks!

Melissa

[email protected]

I-Am-Serendipity 06-25-2004 08:22 AM

Please email me a picture of it too!!!! Thanks!! ~Pam [email protected]

tmarie 06-25-2004 08:36 AM

I think it is a wonderful idea, I'll demo it for sure!

I also would love to have a picture of it! Thanks! :D

[email protected]

photocropper 06-25-2004 08:37 AM

I'd like to see a pic too!
Thanks
Shelley
[email protected]

LadyDye 06-25-2004 08:39 AM

Me too!
I would love to see a picture of it.

dromm
[email protected]

Brownee 06-25-2004 08:42 AM

I just sent a picture of it to you guys...

grammiecb 06-25-2004 08:46 AM

A "survivor" here!

OK guys, I am an 8yr. Breast Cancer survivor and can't wait to see this stamp! I lost both breasts, all my hair and a year of my life, but gained so MUCH more than I lost! I have faith, hope, love, gratitude, humbleness, and tonzzzz more! Please, do all you can for this, but mostly, DO YOUR MONTHLY CHECKS! I found mine myself, and even though the Doc's said to wait and see - I insisted! Bygones. THey were just doing what they thought was best, but I know ME and my body - so I listened to that "still, small voice" and I am here today because of it. So, the dollars for research and education is desperately needed. Thanks for hearing me out!
grammiecb

zeeps 06-25-2004 08:59 AM

Could you email me a copy, too? Thank you

[email protected]

Brownee 06-25-2004 09:00 AM

Done Zeeps...

dylbrett 06-25-2004 09:01 AM

I would love to see a picture of the set please. [email protected].

I will definitely promote this. I had a scare last summer so I will do all that I can. In fact, that's why I signed up to be a demonstrator. After my scare, I decided it was time to stop procrastinating & start living! :D :lol:

SOS 06-25-2004 09:37 AM

Breast Cancer

I'd love to see the picture if I could get it.

[email protected]

Thanks so much!

gambelange 06-25-2004 09:39 AM

I would love to see the picture too.

Thanks. :D :D :D

[email protected]

casa1021 06-25-2004 09:40 AM

Help stamp out breast cancer

I will definitely purchase this set. I lost my wonderful mother-in-law to breast cancer. Anything to help with research and a cure!!!
:!: :!:

nwshelly 06-25-2004 09:53 AM

my babysitter (who is almost 75 years young) was just diagnosed two weeks ago...i'd love to get the set, but would also love to see it...
would someone email it to me?

[email protected]

thanks sooooo much

mamacows 06-25-2004 10:07 AM

i'd like to see it too.. here's my email addy

[email protected]

shellymayz 06-25-2004 11:45 AM

I'd love to see it, also. I've known several women who have battled breast cancer and not all survived. I will do as much as I can to promote this event, and I love the idea of donating all my profits, too. I will make sure that my customers know that.

My email is [email protected]. Thank you for sending a copy of the set my way!

shelly

Sharon Worley 06-25-2004 11:48 AM

Hi grammiecb! I too am an eight year breast cancer survivor - although it was a horrible period in my life I was amazed to find how much more "life" I had once it was all over. I have always felt a little awkward talking about it to people but when I do they all are so wonderful and it does give me the opportunity to put in a plug for monthly self breast exams. So, once again ladies, it only takes a minute, so DO IT!

I too will purchase the set to help fund the research. My doctor used some cutting edge treatment with me (I was only 35 and Stage III - they didn't really know what to do with me!) and for that reason I am alive today. We have to make the $$ available for those with brilliant minds to find a cure!

alasku2stamp 06-25-2004 12:54 PM

I would love to see a pic of the new set as [email protected]

I plan on buying the set as well. I am at high risk for breast cancer...lost all my great-grandmothers on both sides but one to breast cancer and one to uterine cancer. My maternal grandmother has had more than one lump removed. My paternal grandmother died of stomach cancer. gotta love those female cancers :cry: I don't do the self checks very often as I have very dense breasts and all my docs have said that altho it doesn't hurt to do them, I am not likely to find anything. I do believe tho that everything you can do to raise money helps. I am already working on a fundraiser for October. I wonder why SU denied the stamp for so long?

Besides, think of all the possiblities there are for the ribbon. Yellow ribbons, blue ribbons, red ribbons, the list goes on and on.

bluebearry2429 06-25-2004 01:49 PM

I would love to see a pic to if you don't mind.
[email protected]

Thank you Amanda

Shell 06-25-2004 01:55 PM

Can someone get me a picture, too? [email protected] Thanks!

My mom is a 9-year-survivor. She's doing great, but there's always a scare when she goes back for her yearly appointment. I will definitely get this set in honor of her and in memory of both of my grandmothers and my aunt. Yeah ... I am high-risk.

~*Shell*~

cathy maxwell 06-25-2004 02:18 PM

I can't believe how many lives have been affected by this disease!! My grandmother is a 20 year cancer survivor.
I, too, would like to see the set!!!
Thanks,
Cathy

irishempress 06-25-2004 02:20 PM

ohhh...could someone please send me a sneak peek at this set????? I'm very excited that SU! is doing this!

thanks in advance,
kelly
[email protected]

joleenieweenie 06-25-2004 02:35 PM

Thank you so much for the pic! :) I am just going to post it now for all to see. Thank you!

GnarlyGirl 06-25-2004 02:38 PM

will someone please send me the picture too.

Thanks,
Becky
[email protected]

cathy maxwell 06-25-2004 02:39 PM

Thank you Joleen!!!
What a beautiful set!!! Simply beautiful!!!
Cathy

scdecker 06-25-2004 03:21 PM

Breast Cancer Stamp

Thanks for posting, Joleen! Is that a special October only shade of pink, too? Survivor Cerise? Mammogram Magenta? Mammogram melon? (sorry, getting racy!)
Sue

joleenieweenie 06-25-2004 03:34 PM

lol Sue..

hmm..looks like Positively Pink to me. :wink:

jbalcer 06-25-2004 04:27 PM

Due to copyright guidelines, we cannot post the pic here. Feel free to email amongst yourselves, though. I've removed the picture. Sorry!

ltilmon 06-25-2004 04:33 PM

Could someone please send me a picture of this set?

[email protected]

I have a friend (mid-30s, married, three sons under the age of 6) who is currently battling breast cancer. I will definitely purchase this set and promote it from now until Halloween!!
Thanks!
Lisa

schrades 06-25-2004 04:36 PM

Grammiecb and Sharon I TOO AM A SURVIVOR-- doesn't that have a great sound to it, by only 6 years! I too lost both breast, hair, and had a baby during my treatment , so it took me almost 2 years to beat it! SO BRING ON THAT STAMP SET!!!!

Would love to talk with you ladies sometime!!!

Schrades