Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2006, 09:47 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Stamp Club

How many of you folks are stamp club members?

Do you like it? Tons of fun or eh, so so?
Faerey Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:48 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

Let's put it this way: My stamp club meets once a month during the school year only. I wish it was once a week every week of the year!!!

HTH,
Christie
Old 07-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

I love the stamp club I'm in. We meet monthly. Always lots of great ideas, fun, and food!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #4  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

I really enjoy our monthly stamp club meetings. I don't always get to go, but it still works for me. Our commitment is small ($15 order monthly), so it helps me budget. I spend more than that, but sometimes I only get 3 ink pads.

I think, however, the club has to work for you; the right social environment you're looking for, the $ commitment you're willing to make, the frequency you get to be a hostess, the projects you make, etc. Each club can be VERY different from the others.

my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templates here
Old 07-06-2006, 10:26 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I've been in a stamp club for two years and I love it. We get a free catalog and our minimum monthly order is $15 because there are ten of us. I will keep doing it for as long as the members want to!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2006, 10:30 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

I just started stamping in January and joined a stamp club in March. It has been a great way to slowly build up my supplies, get great ideas, and of course meet other local stampers. Our minimum is $25 which I'm sure I would spend anyway! I
Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I've loved being in a stamp club for 3 years running. Don't have one right now, and I HATE it.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I love our stamp club! we meet once a month and it is awesome. Minimum $ spent is $25 which I easily spend!!! it's a blast though, we each take turns hosting so we get free stamps and money towards stamps too and a catty. We have yummy snacks. A great time is had by all
Old 07-06-2006, 10:39 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

So I signed up for a stamp club...$30 monthly (easy now that I have no car payment and a roomie), and we don't have to meet but can....and take turns hostessing. I think it's an awesome idea! I just wanted some opinions...so thanks a million!!!
Faerey Blog
Old 07-06-2006, 11:15 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

I love my stamp club. Lots of fun! Barb always has lots great projects and has a $25 min.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess I'm the only one who didn't love my stamp club. I felt like my demo didn't care that much, and didn't show us anything interesting. I ended up doing a lot of the work just so we could see something new. That's what led me to become a demo (signing up tomorrow!). I think the concept is great. My reality just wasn't.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I love my stamp club and have been in one for four years! (I have a totally awesome demo, though!) My current club meets every other month (except for sell-a-bration, which counts as January and March!) and we are committed to spend $25 each time, never a problem for me! We get to pick the type of stamp club we want, a regular party with one make-and-take and no cost, 5 projects for $7 or 10 projects for $15, the last one takes more time and is rarely chosen! I am never bored and always learn something new, although now I do find myself helping the demo more, guess I have learned a thing or two. My demo just asked me if I want to continure for next year and I said yes!
Old 07-06-2006, 06:30 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

I'm in a quarterly club. There are 4 of us and we each commit to spend a mininum of $38. However, since we only meet every 3 months, we always spend way more than our minimum. Our workshops average $350 - $450. I love only meeting every 3 months - we don't get tired of workshops that way.

Kerry
Old 07-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Default stamp club

i like that idea meeting every quarter, great idea!!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

I'm a demo and have a "club" that comes once a month to my home- there was alot of hesitation over committing to spending a certain amount per month... so I'm having gals on Saturday sign up for the months they want to hostess and on that month they bring munchies and are encouraged to bring a friend or two. We usually do about 3 cards or last month we altered a lunch tin. So I'm going to say if you spend $30 or more, no cost for class. If you spend less, then class will cost $7. I don't want people to NOT come because they don't have money to buy things. I love when we all get together- so much fun!
((. .. Beth theangelcompany #3332
-::- ((. Beauty is the gift of God. - Aristotle
Old 07-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I absolutely love my stamp club. Eleonor our wonderful demo organizes beautiful cards, scrapbook pages, little gift bags and books for us to make. The gals in the club are absolutely amazing. None of us knew each other prior to taking classes at Eleonor's place but we have all become fast friends. We meet every month and it is the biggest highlight on my calendar! Eleonor is away on vacation this month and we are meeting at Gail's house (gailanne) on Sunday. Here is a picture of our club. Eleonor is taking the pic. She has converted her garage to a classroom.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=49127

C

http://sailingwithscissors.com
Old 07-06-2006, 11:47 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

i have a stamp club and we do it every other month they love it!! It is so much fun!!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:31 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

I LOVE my stamper's group. I missed three meetings last year because I had to work. There was only one month that it fell on my day off. I was able to switch shifts at work to go and it was always well worth the hassel. It is also in the next town and that also was well worth the hassel. I'm not joining this year because I'm signing as demo. If I was not signing. I definately would be doing it again. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 07-07-2006, 05:10 AM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Send a message via Skype™ to Fayp

I don't currently have a club, but would love to have one - any suggestions on how to get a club started. My friend is moving in a few months and I'm taking over her's, but in the mean time I'd like to have my own.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:19 AM   #20  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

AS far as I know there is no club in my little corner of SE Texas . When my DD lived in Killeen I was able to go to a couple of them at her upline's & I loved it! We each paid $10.00 for 5 cards and that included food. She would always show us one "special" technique. Well worth the money! Of course, I never ordered from her as my DD is my demo.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:02 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

I was in a club for about a year that had really good ideas and I liked all the gals in the club. But our demo @ the time had 2 different clubs, and we were the "#2" club. She started getting weird with her "rules" for each club, and would sometimes email out the "#1" club emails to the "#2" club, and we would see that the "rules" were different for each one. She couldn't keep them straight, etc....and kept changing things, so we felt that we were getting "screwed" by her. And she's higher up in the company and has been with SU! since it started, so we kinda thought that was weird. She was a nice lady, but was making some bad business decisions which turned us off.

Now we are in a new club with one of our friends that became a demo in January (I think!) and it's GREAT! $25 a month, rotating hostesses, and SUPER cute cards/projects to make! And being that she's a new demo, she does a GREAT job! (Hi Stampin Snoopy!) It's much better in this club because with the old one we were driving 45 minutes to get there, and to avoid traffic we would make it an all day trip, so we'd end up eating lunch & dinner out, and SHOPPING before stamp club, so now we have that much more $$$ to spend on SU! stuff instead of gas/food/other shopping!

~*Michelle*~
Old 07-07-2006, 07:12 AM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

I am in a 10 club and 2 stamp clubs that don't involve buying anything. One of my clubs has been together for 8 years and we love it!!
Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

My first Stamper's Club was okay, but not very successful. It usually ended up that only two of us would show up at the scheduled day. I was really disappointed in the nonattendance because to me that's part of the fun of it: getting to know new people. I loved the SU demo because she has beautiful projects. I'm in another Stamper's 6 Club now ($25/month) and our demo, who is fairly new, offers three different dates/times for people to attend because she has 3 different groups. It makes it nice for those who have scheduling difficulties, and we get to rotate and meet everyone from all 3 groups! Unfortunately, we don't have any food at these events, so I think I'm going to suggest that whoever is hostessing that month brings a treat!
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Old 07-07-2006, 07:33 AM   #24  
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Thumbs up Me Too

I also have been in a stampers 10 club for the past two years. Though we have only had 6 members the first time and 5 this year, our wonderful demo Nancy has made us feel very special. We each spend $30 a month, am the hostess for two months, bring the treats those two times and make 2 "projects" each time. We also swapped cards from the "theme" of the month, usually chosen by the hostess and Nancy has joined in the swap, so we get some of the best swaps from her!!!! I love the club.

It is to run with 10 people, from September to June, but the 6, last year we ran for all 12 months, and this year it was 10 months. So far for this coming year, there are 5 people signed up I think and we will start again in September.

We meet the first Wednesday of the month in the evening. It has mainly been at Nancy's house, but can be at the hostess's house if she wants.

I may be the only hold over of three years unless we can "convince" Laurie R to come back. And yes, we have all become friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:18 AM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faereygirl
So I signed up for a stamp club...$30 monthly (easy now that I have no car payment and a roomie), and we don't have to meet but can....and take turns hostessing. I think it's an awesome idea! I just wanted some opinions...so thanks a million!!!
This is similar to one I had...there were no meeting times unless the person whose turn it was to hostess that month chose to have a workshop - I just gave my club members a due by date for thier orders...
Stamp clubs work a variety of ways...sometimes they work out sometimes they don't...
Old 07-07-2006, 10:03 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

I have belonged to several, but the current one I belong to now has 11 members. We each commit to paying $17.40 a month ($15.00 towards our month to being hostess and $2.40 for tax and shipping). This is kind of like having a bank account and we are just depositing the first $15 into our account. When it becomes our turn to be the hostess, we have banked enough to spend $150 (in our case $165 since there are 11 of us). Every lady in this group has made and stuck to her commitment. We make two projects, our demo has three door prizes plus each month she would like us to bring a card using a technique from the month before, then she has each of us vote for which card we like the best. The person who wins gets $5.00 off of her order. Since we are already committed to banking $15.00 monthly, we do not have to purchase anything, but more than likely everyone does and that just helps the hostess for the month that much more. I am looking forward to August, because that is my month and I will have the new catalog to spend $165 out of, plus I will get the additional $15.00 for having a workshop over $150.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #27  
Mad Swapper

I love my club...it's so much fun and we have a great time snacking while stamping....
Old 07-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #28  
Kookie Creator

I've been in a Stamper's 10 club for 4 years. It's GREAT! I LOVE IT!

My demo, who is also my sister, has a great sunroom/stamping room. We meet once a month for 10 months, and everyone has a month to hostess. Rarely do we have all 10 at one time. But we ALWAYS have fun learning new techniques and making goodies. We even have snacks (insert your favorite chocolate here).

I have met so many wonderful people in the last 4 years that I probably would not have met otherwise. As long as there is a S-10 group -- I'll probably be in it. Or until my sister kicks me out of it, but I don't think that will happen...

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Old 07-09-2006, 09:39 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up Stamp Club

Yep I agree with Barbaralynn! Our demo Nancy is awesome. She teaches us new stuff that usually "wow"s us! We do get a free catalog for joining. Swaps are optional - but most of us do participate. Life seems to be happening to me a lot lately, so I am considering joining again when the club starts up in September. It's a nice night out for a couple of hours to get together with friends, chat, stamp, eat and just have fun! If you have the opportunity to join one - I say go for it! Tons of fun!
Laurie's Cards & Ramblings
Old 07-09-2006, 09:57 AM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

My demo offers club monthly on Friday evenings. She also lets others join in for just $5 or free if they spend $25. I can't always make it, so I didn't join. I do go when life allows. Last month we did two cards and a notecard holder and the notecards to go in it. The cards were with two new catty sets and the notecard holder with paper/stamps from the summer mini.

I love my Jane. I hope she is having fun at convention. I need direct deposit with her.

Jeanette
Old 07-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #31  
LSN
Die Cut Diva

Here's how much I like it. I'm a demo and I signed up for a second round with my upline for a stamp club that she holds. I like getting the new ideas and I like the socialization aspect of the whole thing (plus I get to make a card with no prep involved...LOVE it).

Linda
Old 07-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Love my stamp club! We make atleast 3 cards and need to spend $15/month (I usually spend atleast 3 times that much!!). The hostess brings dessert. It's just a great experience!
Old 07-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #33  
Glitter Guru

I just joined a stamp club, in part because of this thread. I'd had several offers over the years and always declined since I work a lot of hours; but this thread made me look at the experience a little differntly! I'm looking forward to it now- 6 stampers with a monthly commitment of $25.00. We apparently make 2 projects a month, bring 2 swap card and have treats! I don't really know any of the people yet; but since they're fellow stampers I'm sure they are very nice and fun!
Web-site:
Old 07-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #34  
Mad Swapper

I've been going to the same stamp club for 5 years. I just became a demo and want to start my own stamp club. Over the years I've really enjoyed fellowship and the food!!!

www.3ScrappinChicks.com
Old 07-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #35  
Kookie Creator

This is my second year in a Stamper's 10 group. The first year I was in a group that did cards and this year my group does one scrapbook page and one card. Our commitment is $25/month. On the odd time my work schedule interferes (I do shiftwork), I just catch up the next month, but I really try hard not to, because I love it. I find I benefit so much exchanging tips & bouncing ideas off each other. It helps to keep me excited about my stamping and gets my creative juices going. Even if a particular project is not my style, I always feel like I learned something new, had fun doing it, and enjoy getting to know a new circle of people.

"Creativity is a continual surprise" (Ray Bradbury)
Old 07-11-2006, 05:59 PM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

I haven't belonged to a stamp club yet (waiting for the new school year to begin). I would like to stamp in a club weekly rather than monthly and even in the Summer. Well in order to kind of meet my needs, I am actually joining two stamp clubs with two different demos (that way it's twice a month and I get two sets of hostess benefits).
Old 07-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #37  
Inking Addict

I have been a demo for almost one year, but have been stamping for 6 yrs now.
I decided to have a club this year. I have 7 people they are commited to buy 25.00 order. I really work hard to find "wow" projects/techniques. We usually do about 3 projects, a card, maybe a scrapbook page and something 3-D. But I dont always feel, how do I put this.......appreciated?? They seem to only but 25.00 worth.... At first I really wasnt certain they would stay true to commit. So I offered a free stamp set if they committed to all ten months, every time the purchased 25.00 I gave them a punch, I did this because there were only 7 people including me and I didnt think they would come after 7 months. I told them after 7 months we would do a mystery hostess, who ever came we would put their name in and draw one out. No comments.....so will see what happens. I really not trying to just make alot of "money" just trying to get some help on my 3 month quota.

I would love to have a recipe club. I keep coming up with some great ideas. But still no comments from my current members.... I think I need a more exicting group!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 06:49 PM   #38  
Inking Addict

I looooooove the stamp club I am in! I actually just joined. Everyone was very kind and willing to let me in. They only had one meeting before I joined. It is so much fun and I LOVE my demo!! We meet once a month, but if it was up to me, we would meet once a week...haha!!