Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   stamp camps (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/stamp-camps-259037/)

!stampinmomma! 06-20-2007 05:53 PM

stamp camps

Has anyone been to a stamp camp or hosted one? What was the cost involved and what did you get for your $? I was at one years ago for $20 and we brought home 4-5 completed cards.

lbirus 06-20-2007 06:24 PM

My friend is a hobby demo and we run "mini-camps" for my work friends, where I can usually get 10-12 people. We do it on site at the school after hours and charge $10 for either 2 cards and a project or 2 cards and a scrapbook page. It's just enough to cover the supplies but I always get the sales as a payoff for my work in prepping.

Then, I have a big SC once a year at my home (30-36 people) and I charge $20 for 3 cards and 2 projects. Again, I don't make a ton of money on the fee but I sure get a level 3 hostess out of the deal.

I know many people charge more but I really love having people come and have a good time. I think I have a "Vegas" mentality about it, I'd rather they spend their money on the stamps and stuff. I would never admit it to their DHs but I've probably addicted a good 40 people over the years to stamping by doing it this way!

grannyj 06-20-2007 06:40 PM

Stamp Camp Hostess

Myself and five other demonstrators get together and host a Stamp Camp in the Spring and Fall. We have 12 projects set up (2 apiece), provide a light lunch, give away door prizes that we have made (maybe a paint can decorated, set of cards, etc.) and charge $35.00. Our response has been consistent. We also cover and decorate mini memo pads and give one to each stamper. The mini note pads are our trademark.

We have a really good time!

Busyb 06-20-2007 07:13 PM

I went to one last weekend 5 cards for $8.

ddgr2331 06-20-2007 07:41 PM

I have two great SU Demos, they are both quite generous in regards to their monthly workshops. One charges only $15.00 for 6 cards/projects, with no pressure to buy, but we usually do every other month. She makes it so comfy because we meet at her home and she always has lots of goodies to eat!

The other one holds it right after work, in a roomy conference room, and we make 3 cards for free! We usually always purchase something from her because she doesn't charge us!

Susan

scrapshappen 06-20-2007 07:42 PM

My demo is having Stamp Camp this Sat. I don't know how many projects, but she charges $15. At Christmas time she did one and it was a couple of cards and three projects. All very cute and she had pizza too. Seems like a great deal to me!

Choc0holic 06-20-2007 08:56 PM

The stamp camps I participated in a few years back that got me addicted were only $5 and we made 5 cards/projects. Of course, we all bought something (or somethings) so I'm sure the demo came off just fine. :)

ddeck 06-21-2007 02:54 AM

My demo does stamp camps once a month. It costs $10 for 6 lovely cards. We have between 2-15 people attending. We have a great time!

MichelleGoodrich 06-21-2007 03:21 AM

I haven't been to one in a couple of years but my demo friend charged $25. We made, I think, 6 or 8 cards and received a credit of $15 towards an SU order. The cards were all different than the normal workshop cards with interesting techniques and embellishments so it was really worth it IMO! Oh yeah, she also had snacks - how do you beat that?! :-)

cramgal 06-21-2007 03:23 AM

My SU demonstrator, we call her our Queen, charges $10 per month. We get at least two projects and at least one mini project. It is mostly scrapbook pages (a double page spread is one project), cards, once we did a chipboard book, etc. She is great about showcasing new techniques and new stamps. She has never charged us for a catalog. She is always bringing us goodies too. She doesn't live in the area so whoever hosts the party doesn't get charged the $10, but provides the snacks. We also put our names into a drawing and whoever wins gets the hostess gifts. She is incredibly generous hence why she is labeled the Queen. We always end up ordering from her.

joybkc 06-21-2007 03:30 AM

Once a month 3 demos in our area get together and design 4 cards each. We do 12 cards and they charge $15.00. They also provide snacks. We usually have at least 20 ladies attending. It is so much fun.

MT Nest 06-21-2007 03:47 AM

Wow - my demo had a stamp camp last week. It was a come-and-go, and she only charged $1 per card. The first SC I went to was a few months ago - and it was $10 for 12 cards. Stamping is not that popular around here, so there weren't that many there (only me, 2 others, and the demo) but we had a blast. Talked so much I didn't even get my 12 cards done and had to take them home to finish! :)

Empty nest means more...stamping room!

MichelleGoodrich 06-21-2007 03:49 AM

Hey, MT! I'm looking at that empty nest thing too! I already know which room will become my stamping room! ;-)

Lisa Loiselle 06-21-2007 03:49 AM

I've done techniques classes, Create with Acetate, Fun with the Heat Gun, and charge $10 for 5 cards/projects. I also did a Christmas card stamp camp - 20 cards (4 each of 5 designs) for $20. I do snacks and door prizes, and draw for hostess bennies among those who order. They're a blast!

Skittl1321 06-21-2007 03:50 AM

I had one demo who would do 5 for $5- it would be 4 cards and then 1 mini paper project like an explosion box or carrot. If something was to be filled with candy, she provided that.

I had another demo who did a stamp a stack- which was 10 cards for $10- but there were only 3 designs, and you made 3, 3, and 4 of each.

I just went to a scrapbooking camp where we did 20 12 x 12 pages with simon on board lowers for $45.

I don't think the demos can possibly be making money on any of these camps, maybe barely even breaking even, but they all do it because they LOVE to share their craft, and it's a good way to remind people what's out there and to get them to BUY without hosting a party (which a lot of people won't do)

LoriBerry 06-21-2007 01:29 PM

I just attended a Stamp Camp my demo and her downlines (is that the right word?) organized a couple of weeks ago. They charge $20 per person for six projects. At this one, we papered a small tin; put together a candy holder; did a bag of tags; two beautiful cards; and a two-page chipboard photo holder.
They gave 10% off any retired set that you bought.
They always do more than cards, which I love.

austamper 06-21-2007 01:30 PM

I went to one recently and got 6 cards for $10. It was a blast too!

Tanaf 06-21-2007 01:46 PM

I host what I call a stamp-a-stack which is 5 cards for $10 and then folks can make duplicates for $1 a card. I do that once a quarter. A stamp camp for me is more detailed projects. I am thinking 3D items or one sheet wonder classes where guests preorder items or sets to use at the camp. These are more expensive as they take into consideration the supply expenses. I have seen classes like this run as much as $50 or more for scrapbook in an evening where a 6x6 album and a scrapin' kit are included in the price.

austamper 06-21-2007 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamper (Post 6210312)
I went to one recently and got 6 cards for $10. It was a blast too!

I should clarify. It was 6 cards but only 3 designs. We were able to change sentiments to our liking if we wanted.

olivia'smom 06-21-2007 03:27 PM

My demo does 7 cards for $10. No envelopes. But if you bring them she lets you decorate.