Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Spiralbound Books?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/spiralbound-books-215846/)

TrayMoney 01-18-2007 10:34 AM

Spiralbound Books??

Hi!
I am new to card making and I love this website!!
I have been looking in the gallery at the spiralbound books. They all look so festive and I was wondering how to get the decorative paper under the spirals.
Do I need to take the book apart first?

Thanks a lot!

Tracey

Jessica'sMom 01-18-2007 10:41 AM

I'm wondering this too....

Candle Lisa 01-18-2007 11:03 AM

I was wondering that the other day myself and I noticed in one of the gallery items they mentioned taking out the spiral wire and punching holes, then reinserting it. But I also saw some others that just had the paper placed up to the wire and they looked nice also. Someone who's actually done one could probably enlighten us all a little more.

TrayMoney 01-18-2007 12:03 PM

I saw those as well... but it seems like taking the spiral off could get a little messy.
I'm not that coordinated to begin with and just thinking of all the loose pages makes me a little leery of taking it off to begin with... :???:

hobbywoman 01-18-2007 12:11 PM

I always take the spiral out - that is the easiest way to do the notebooks. Then use the original front to mark where you want your holes, punch the holes and put it all back together. Works like a charm, try it.:mrgreen:

TrayMoney 01-18-2007 12:17 PM

You make it sound so easy!
I guess I know what I'm doing tonight.
Thanks Julie!

STAMPINGODDESS 01-19-2007 11:43 AM

Really there are several ways to handle this...

1. Some projects are actually bound by the stamper using a rubicoil machine (just search for rubicoil and you'll find tons on info on this toy/tool)

2. As others have said, you can unwind the coil and add the designer paper

3. You can line up the paper, punch small holes and then add small papercuts to the holes so that the paper slips on.

4. Cut the paper up to the coil, but leave the area around the coils uncovered.

cbet 01-20-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

I saw those as well... but it seems like taking the spiral off could get a little messy.
I'm not that coordinated to begin with and just thinking of all the loose pages makes me a little leery of taking it off to begin with...
Here's the trick - use binder clips from the office supply store (those black clampy things with the silver handles that come in different widths) to clip together the inside pages BEFORE you twist out the spiral. No loose pages, nothing to line back up. Then alter away on your covers, and twist the coil back in when you're done, and take the clips back off. If you are doing only the front cover, clip the back cover in with the loose pages to begin with.

amber31 01-20-2007 04:59 PM

Sit tight ladies...the Spring Mini has a punch to use on journals where you don't have to take it apart! I can't wait!