Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   spectrum pad question...which one (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/spectrum-pad-question-one-7092/)

com4n6 08-24-2004 08:23 AM

spectrum pad question...which one

Okay, which spectrum pad would you get (only want to get one since I have the late november as well).....

Celebration

OR

Fiesta

Thanks for your help!

corrie

TexasGrammy 08-24-2004 08:31 AM

The Celebration pad coordinates wonderfully with the Rainbow Organdy ribbon! It's also great if you happen to use a lot of Bold Brights papers like Green Galore, Pink Passion or Brilliant Blue.

I'll admit, the Fiesta pad has been on my 'wish' list, since it looks like a good one for Real Red or YoYo Yellow works! Have fun choosing!~TexasGrammy

lbarnes 08-24-2004 08:34 AM

I have feista- which I love. But when my Mom got celebration I think I liked hers better. So I gotta go with celebration.

Laurie FW 08-24-2004 08:50 AM

I vote for celebration as well, it is my favorite spectrum pad!

marymoilanen 08-24-2004 09:25 AM

Celebration....

stampinqueen123 08-24-2004 09:29 AM

Go for Celebration! I love mine!

Jen Stevenson 08-24-2004 09:30 AM

Celebration for sure! I don't have that one. Fiesta is nice to use but I guess you always want what you don't have.

janicemarz 08-24-2004 09:31 AM

i got both

I got both..i couldn't decide!! I'm really bad about making decisions!

stampingdenise 08-24-2004 10:42 AM

Fiesta! I wasn't sure I'd like it, but now that I have it, I love it! It's a great combo of colors. I also like Taffy, but those colors are really, really subtle, which is good for somethings. But when you want a bold splash of color, Fiesta is awesome! Its colors are Summer Sun, Real Red, Marvelous Magenta, Ballet Blue, Taken with Teal. They really are a nice combination.

Here's a sample card I made using the Fiesta pad:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...25174019VMrQVA

com4n6 08-24-2004 10:46 AM

ohhh, you girls are making this difficult. Everyone was saying celebration so I was thinking, okay, celebration. now some are saying fiesta too! Oh my, what am i going to do. I can always get one and have my hubby get the other one for christmas or our anniversary. hmmmm.........

Corrie

aubrey27 08-24-2004 10:48 AM

pick one that matches the papers you use most

I have the celebration and love it. But I use bold brights alot. I think the starter kits have the Fiesta as the standard pad. Surprising, but I love using those colors too.

I'd have to say I think most people would find the celebration pad as the one they grab the most. I use it on birthday cards all the time. It's bright and cheerful and makes me smile when I use it. :D

heresrita 08-24-2004 11:08 AM

I "splurged". I have 3 different spetrum pads.

I have bought them based on the colours of the cardstock I use most and all those ideas I had stored up in my imagination.

blue frost - the winter themed things, love the blues
pumpkin patch - the autumn themed items, I can smell the pie coming on when I use this one
fiesta - because I love the summer sun yellow, and the real red, oh, and the ballet blue, and the taken with teal ...

(I'm sooo decisive about what I want and like.) :lol: :lol:

MichelleY 08-24-2004 11:12 AM

I have both celebration and fiesta. Celebration is terrific when you want something to look tied-dyed. I love to use the fiesta as a backdrop to scenery cards. the yellow and red blend together is form a sunset effect and the greens and blues look like water. I blend this together on glossy paper and then stamp mountains across the top third of the card and pine trees around the bottom two thirds edges. It appears to be a mountain lake at sunset. It makes a gorgeous card for a man. I know this doesn't help you decided. I'd just get both sets!

Michelle Y

Laurie FW 08-24-2004 11:22 AM

This is really embarrassing :oops:! I went up to check out my spectrum pads because I couldn't be for sure which one was which (I am not a demo, so I am not as familar with the names of everything!) I have both celebration and fiesta, and even though I already voted for celebration, I really use fiesta more! They are both great pads, though! I also have autumn leaves and blue frost and love them both! I don't care for the taffy and am going to buy an uninked pad and make my own baby colored one some day!

com4n6 08-24-2004 11:59 AM

well, i think I am going to have to get one and have hubby get the other one for our anniversary. i just can't decide! Both have some great advantages that you guys have pointed out. thank you for that!

Corrie