Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Southern Calif. roll call - who's out there? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/southern-calif-roll-call-whos-out-there-7645/)

Jami 08-29-2004 08:30 PM

Southern Calif. roll call - who's out there?

Edited to say: Hey dug up this thread today (7/18/05) from almost a year ago. Let's start again - everybody check in!

Just a little survey...how many of the 13,000+ on SCS are from So Cal? Come on - speak up - whether you're a regular here or you've been a lurker. Stand up and be counted!
What's your name?
Where in So Cal are you from?
Are you a demo?

Oh yeah...and any sales/deals/resources we should all know about?

OK - I'll go 1st. I'm Jami (it's not short for anything) and I live in Lakewood (next to Long Beach). I've been an SU demo for a year.

Does everyone know about Fabric Barn in Long Beach? It's the most awesome place for any kind of ribbon - really cheap. Plus they have stuff like cello bags, party favor supplies, lace, paper mache boxes and more. It's called Fabric Barn, but they don't really have much fabric!

lburanas 08-29-2004 08:34 PM

i'm in irvine! i don't know of any deals right now, except target has all their school supplies on sale even more. i usually go to tall mouse (a craft store) if i don't get something that's su!

Harlysmom 08-29-2004 08:45 PM

Hello, I'm from Anaheim. Been a demo 2 years. Sorry not aware of any great deals right now.

JoyOfStamping 08-29-2004 08:46 PM

Well, I'm Joy and I live in Orange. About a block from Angels Stadium....
I became a demo this year after having my first SU party late last year.
I don't know of any sales or cheap places to shop! :(

I hope to meet you all.... come join the fun!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...pic.php?t=5901

ajpelser 08-29-2004 08:48 PM

I live in La Mirada (near Whittier) but only til the end of the year until DH and I are relocated by his company to Charlotte, NC. I am a demo - of almost a month now!!!
-Amanda

WaterPixie 08-29-2004 08:49 PM

Hi! I'm Emily and I'm in Corona!

I've been a demo for a year (yesterday was my 1 year anniversary!)

I don't know of any super deals. I just go to regular stores when I'm not buying from SU!

Can't wait for September 17th!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Joy! Did you and your sister pose for that stamp? Come on! Fess up!!! :lol: :wink:

debbiejjackson 08-29-2004 08:59 PM

Hi, I'm Debbie and I live in Alta Loma aka Rancho Cucamonga, just about 15 minutes north of Ontario Int'l Airport. I've have been a demo since May. No good deals today.

MrsDiffey 08-29-2004 09:13 PM

From SoCal

Hi, I'm Mari, short for Maricruz (yes its really my first name). I live in Costa Mesa, but only until September 27th - we are moving to Georgia - whew, that is far!

Jami you beat me to the great Fabric Barn store, been there several times and wish I had known about it when I actually lived in Long Beach :) It is the best deal on many types of ribbon - I love it and will have to visit one more time to stock up before we move - sniff sniff. Not a demo - the way I use SU I should be tho'. The only other resource I can offer is of a couple of paper companies, if you are not a demo and want to save some $$. There is Xpedx (spelling is correct) in Costa Mesa/Santa Ana, that sells reams of paper, all kinds, vellum, cardstock, etc, for cheap. The other is Kelly paper supply where I have purchased from vellum to envelopes in large quantities for making wedding invites.

HTH, wow we are all pretty near eah other, we should have a stamp camp before some of us leave the state - can I hear an Amen from the other SoCal refugees?

MrsDiffey

WaterPixie 08-29-2004 09:22 PM

Re: From SoCal

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsDiffey
HTH, wow we are all pretty near eah other, we should have a stamp camp before some of us leave the state - can I hear an Amen from the other SoCal refugees?

MrsDiffey

Mari! We are having a Stamp Till You Drop in Ontario on Sep 17 and 18! Check out the link in Joy's post!!!

nightscrapper 08-29-2004 09:31 PM

I'm Marlo. Just moved from Whittier to the high desert. I'm now in Apple Valley and hopefully soon to be in Indiana. As for deals around me, NAH!!! I'm in the high desert for goodness sakes!! I miss all my wonderful shopping and Fabric Barn. But...I do love my new house, my scrap studio and the wonderful sky without smog!!! For those that live in the San Bernardino area, I'm just up the hill. I'm part of a group that gets together the 2nd and 3rd Friday of the month. Alot of times it's at my home.

Oh, and I am not a demo. Was many years ago. Now I'm just a great customer that loves to buy SU!!

marlo

Inkalicious 08-29-2004 10:03 PM

:lol: Hi, Im Tandra. I live in Mission Viejo. Ive been a demo for 5 1/2 yrs. Right now the good deal is my Mom cleaned out her Hero arts stamps from her stamp/craft/beading/fabric/etc store in Borrego Springs(Cal). I was the happy recipient, but I passed 82% lol on to my daughters school! They were getting old and dated anyway! I did keep 10 handmade journal/scrap books from hero arts, just waiting to be stamped!! Im gonna have to call 411 for the closest Fabric Barn! Happy Stampin!
Tandra

kellykjs 08-29-2004 10:15 PM

I'm Kelly Spair in Oceanside, CA...and we're staying put! :wink: I have been a demo for 3 years.

Well, now that I have to think of the name I go blank, but there is a place in San Diego that has ribbon, mesh and stuff like that for great prices!! But I hate traffic so I just get it from SU! :D And we have an awesome scrapbook sotre in Carlsbad that is constatnly having sales and coupons....I go there a bit too much! But gosh, I have to use the coupons before they expire!!

I was mostly a lurker, but now that I have figured out how to make my way around I will be a bit more active!

Kelly

Sencie 08-29-2004 10:42 PM

Hi,
I live in Corona. I've been a demo a little over 4 years now.
I don't know of any great deals right now... but I love to hit the 99 cents stores to see what "stampable" items they might have. :D
By the way... Happy Anniversary, Emily!
Sencie

ponygirl 08-29-2004 10:55 PM

Hi!
I'm Lisa and we live in the Sabre Springs area of San Diego. We have lived all over So Cal as my dh is a Marine. We've been stationed at El Toro, Edwards AFB, Ridgecrest (high desert too), and here twice. So much for seeing the world, at least for me! I've been a demo for almost a month, but I've been a very good customer for over 5 years.
Don't know of any great places to get good, inexpensive stuff, but I always try to hit Michaels with their coupon!

JJStamper 08-30-2004 05:29 AM

Hi, I'm Jen and I will officially be from Bellflower in a week and a half (I can't wait). I have been a demo for a year (my anniversary was last week). I don't know any deals in So. Cal right now, but I am enjoying reading about all of yours...Fabric Barn sounds like fun!
Jen

[email protected]

Kymbers_Stampin 08-30-2004 05:41 AM

Hello All! I used to live in WEST Garden Grove next to Cypress.

Question ~ any of you in Lis' down line and did you go to the meeting on Saturday? If so, could you PM me a brief update on what happened. My email's been screwy lately and I'd like to know if she shared anything really great!

TIA!

justheather 08-30-2004 06:02 AM

I'm in El Segundo...and a demo for the last year and 4 months (Woo-Hoo!). My upline just dropped and moved to Tennessee...her upline dropped about a year ago and moved to Ohio. See what happens when you move out of state? Just kidding....

I'm going to be making a trip to Fabric Barn today...don't tell DH. I have too much stamping and sewing stuff as it is!

There's a Kelly Paper in Culver City...good for goodies. I think they may be owned by the same company at Xpedex.

cookielou 08-30-2004 06:04 AM

I am Cari and I live in Santa Ana......I am not a demo, but my Mom is and I get all the perks. LOL I also don't know of any deals. :(

jenny1th 08-30-2004 06:25 AM

Hello SC Stampers...I'm Jenny and I live in Santa Barbara. Been a demo for SU for 6+ years and enjoy it always. I just found SCS in the last few months and have enjoyed it tremendously. The best deal I found was this last week at Micheals. They were cleaning out the Garden Series tin stuff at 90% off. I've been decorating our church's women's restroom and my home so I bought about 4 carts full of stuff. What a treasure. Our women's restroom is sooooo much nicer. We had an open house in our ladies room after our Saturday night service and men and women came by to take a look. The women were so pleased and a few men were actually asking when their bathroom was going to get "redone"! Love it!

momof5boys1girl 08-30-2004 06:27 AM

Hi, my name is Kristy and I live in Lancaster, in the middle of the desert ;o) I've been a demo for almost 2 1/2 years. As for deals... only the stuff that WalMart has on sale for school. I know last year their composition notebooks went from 58 cents to about 45. I used them for a stamp camp and sold some at our churches Ladies Retreat (covered & stamped of course ;o) We also have a new scrapbook store on 30th West and Ave L, I think it's called "A Moment in Time" and they have some pretty good deals. And they were offering 10% off your total. I also forgot about Smart & Final, you can get the Chinese takeout boxes/ 2 sizes, 50 of them for $5 to $7...

stampinalot 08-30-2004 10:57 AM

Hi! I don't know if we're considered southern or northern or neither but...I'm in Fresno! Hi!!!

sue

Kimberly47 08-30-2004 10:59 AM

Hi all,

I'm Kimberly and I live in Pasadena, home of the Rose Bowl! I've been an SU demo almost a year now and have loved every minute of it!

Don't know of any great deals but will post them when I find 'em!

Kimberly

nightscrapper 08-30-2004 11:06 AM

Hi Kymber,

I'm not in Lis' downline, I'm not a demo. But I've been to many of her mystery hostess workshops at Marie Calendar's. I just love the ideas that lady has. She is soooo creative. My co-worker is part of her downline. What a small world.

marlo

nightscrapper 08-30-2004 11:08 AM

Jen, since you'll soon be in Bellflower, you HAVE to visit Scrapbook Depot and Memories. Well, that's if your into scrapping. Memories does have some stamping stuff.

marlo

WaterPixie 08-30-2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymbers_Stampin
Hello All! I used to live in WEST Garden Grove next to Cypress.

Question ~ any of you in Lis' down line and did you go to the meeting on Saturday? If so, could you PM me a brief update on what happened. My email's been screwy lately and I'd like to know if she shared anything really great!

TIA!

Lis Ljung? I am!

Kymbers_Stampin 08-30-2004 11:15 AM

Hey Waterpixie!

Yep, that Lis!! I take it from your post about the cake you didn't get to go this weekend.

I'm in Sharon's downline and Stacy Palmer is my upline. I'm sure you've seen her name a time or two on the top ten sellers list.

wkonieczko 08-30-2004 11:22 AM

Hello my name is Wendy... I was formerly from Alta Loma/Rancho Cucamonga and now from Corona.... I'm new to the whole SU thing but LOVE LOVE LOVE their product... I'm always on the hunt for good stuff at great prices. I usually find them when I'm not looking if I find any I will let ya'll know.. I know of a store that was in OLD town Upland (next door to rancho) but I think they moved to montclair... (lemme get back to you on that) but they sell large quantities of cello bags, ribbon etc at EXTREMLY reasonable prices. I ordered my wedding favors, ribbons and stuff from them.

WaterPixie 08-30-2004 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymbers_Stampin
Hey Waterpixie!

Yep, that Lis!! I take it from your post about the cake you didn't get to go this weekend.

I'm in Sharon's downline and Stacy Palmer is my upline. I'm sure you've seen her name a time or two on the top ten sellers list.

I did go! I was naughty!!!! I needed a break!

I'm typing up a PM to you as we "speak"! hehehehee

WaterPixie 08-30-2004 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkonieczko
Hello my name is Wendy... I was formerly from Alta Loma/Rancho Cucamonga and now from Corona.... I'm new to the whole SU thing but LOVE LOVE LOVE their product... I'm always on the hunt for good stuff at great prices. I usually find them when I'm not looking if I find any I will let ya'll know.. I know of a store that was in OLD town Upland (next door to rancho) but I think they moved to montclair... (lemme get back to you on that) but they sell large quantities of cello bags, ribbon etc at EXTREMLY reasonable prices. I ordered my wedding favors, ribbons and stuff from them.

Where in Corona are you? I'm in South Corona. Off of the 15.

wkonieczko 08-30-2004 11:27 AM

I REMEMBERED... I REMEMBERED.... :D :D :D :D

it's called floral syndicate. I know it sound like it's all flowers but they carry lots of additional stuff for other types of things.... they have cello bags, ribbons and some other stuff I can't think of right now because I have not been there in over 2 years....

wkonieczko 08-30-2004 11:29 AM

I"m in South Corona off the 15/91 over by Santana Park.. how about you????????

StampinUpaStorm 08-30-2004 12:13 PM

I'm in Fontucky, I mean Fontana, which is on the way to Las Vegas. Been a demo for just over a year. I mostly buy SU stuff from myself. I had a coupon for JoAnn's last week and didn't even use it! I do pick up stuff from Wal-Mart on occasion. They had ribbon cheap after Christmas last year.

WaterPixie 08-30-2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

I"m in South Corona off the 15/91 over by Santana Park.. how about you????????

15 Fwy, El Cerrito exit!!

mrsgebo 08-30-2004 12:21 PM

I'm in Riverside (Orangecrest area) and have been a demo for 4 1/2 years. I just finished putting together all my stamps from my large order so now I can start stamping!! :lol:

Sorry, I don't know of any deals right now.

Kristina

Kymbers_Stampin 08-30-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinUpaStorm
I'm in Fontucky, I mean Fontana, which is on the way to Las Vegas. Been a demo for just over a year. I mostly buy SU stuff from myself. I had a coupon for JoAnn's last week and didn't even use it! I do pick up stuff from Wal-Mart on occasion. They had ribbon cheap after Christmas last year.

NASCAR invades there again this weekend. Apparently some insane idiot thought it wouldn't be hot in Fontana in September. They are looking at the wrong weather channel.

StacyL 08-30-2004 01:24 PM

I'm from Westminster (near Huntington Beach). I've been to lots of Lis's parties, she is the best!!!! I wanted to sign up under her but I have a good friend that I signed up with instead. Corona is just too far to drive to for meetings, etc. (I hate traffic!). Even though I'm a demonstrator I still like to go to her parties to get good ideas.

wkonieczko 08-30-2004 01:34 PM

all of us in the Corona area should get together and do some stuff... stampin scraping or something.. I would love to share ideas with each of you....

kjboatright 08-30-2004 01:38 PM

I'm originally from SoCal -- Alta Loma, birth till 1988, then Glendale till 1994. Now we are up in Issaquah, WA. I'm not a demo, just an ADDICTED customer.

Jodi Boatright

WaterPixie 08-30-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

all of us in the Corona area should get together and do some stuff... stampin scraping or something.. I would love to share ideas with each of you....

The last Friday of each month I'm hosting Girls Night Out at my house. It's free, so it doesn't matter if you're a demo! Just bring your current project - cards, scrapbooking, whatever - and a treat to share! Then we stay up late and drive my DH crazy!

hehehehe

kellywilliamsj 08-30-2004 02:11 PM

Count me in too!

I am Kelly, from Chino...you know, the I.E. as my sister from the O.C. calls it!(or the 909).

I'm not a demo....yet....just got to get my DH to buy into that whole "wife math" that I read on here a few weeks ago (it's not what you spend, it's what you save). He will break soon!

Corona people---I'd be interested in stamping with you sometime! Keep me posted...you can e-mail me or PM me!

Kelly