Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Some people on this site are getting out of hand! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/some-people-site-getting-out-hand-47140/)

StampinHappyInCT 04-29-2005 05:34 AM

Some people on this site are getting out of hand!

Why is it necessary to post things like this?! Daven, Moderators ... please BAN this person from this site! I have to say ... this site was so much nicer when I first joined and there were only 4,000 members! I'm really getting disgusted with some of the threads lately! I know this thread is going to generate a lot of response, and for that I'm sorry, but I just can't sit quietly by any longer.

Summerminipics2 posted: "I was going to share the May promotion here, but I guess that I am no longer welcome. I will go elsewhere with my leaks; however, I will e-mail it to those who contacted me about the summer mini. Too bad for you. Now customers will really know before their demo does! Karma�"

mamakimberly 04-29-2005 05:35 AM

I'm pretty sure Daven has taken care of this. it looks like summerminipics must have been banned so she had to create *another* username.

camsmom 04-29-2005 05:37 AM

ayup-ignore them and they will have no fun

(and BTW no promotions have been announced-I checked the website. Just a person trolling.)

Novell 04-29-2005 05:39 AM

While comments like that might bother us, there is such a thing as free speech and as long as someone is not posting illegal items, I don't think the moderators will BAN people who say things we don't like.

I picked up a stamp at Paper Zone recently which I really like. It says "be the change you wish to see in the world-Ghandi." I really like that quote and I think we should all live by it. Just ignore those comments or threads you don't like and concentrate on those you do. If we all become the change we want to see here, the site will go back to the happy one we all know and love.

mamakimberly 04-29-2005 05:39 AM

Britta: what about the one where SU is going to give everybody cool a free stamp set today?

don't you remember that one? ;)

Only teasin' Just keepin' ya on your toes!

splitcoaststampers 04-29-2005 06:22 AM

just to reiterate, we've banned this member not because of what she posted but because of *how*. we won't allow the use of multiple accounts as a way of concealing one's identity and posting anonymously.

AngFab 04-29-2005 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
just to reiterate, we've banned this member not because of what she posted but because of *how*. we won't allow the use of multiple accounts as a way of concealing one's identity and posting anonymously.

I'm just curious...is the PERSON banned, or just his/her second and third ID's?

craftymel 04-29-2005 06:27 AM

Daven

:) :) :)
Gotta love Spongebob!!
Melanie

StampinHappyInCT 04-29-2005 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampers
we've banned this member not because of what she posted but because of *how*. we won't allow the use of multiple accounts as a way of concealing one's identity and posting anonymously.

Thank you!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novell
While comments like that might bother us, there is such a thing as free speech and as long as someone is not posting illegal items, I don't think the moderators will BAN people who say things we don't like.

Daven's comment above states exactly why I felt this person should be banned.

artfulpath 04-29-2005 06:55 AM

Okay, I am hijacking this thread!

Novell, I want a Ghandi stamp like yours! Anyplace to mail order it?

Thanks!

Beth R.

Mamalanie 04-29-2005 07:04 AM

Man, I was really excited about the May info, now where am I gonna get it?

CrabbyAbbe 04-29-2005 07:30 AM

We'll get the info when SU releases it.

Ouch!PaperCut 04-29-2005 08:38 AM

Easier said then done, but just ignore any negative posts....don't feed into it. Don't let it run your life!!!

gregsgirl707 04-29-2005 03:56 PM

As I found out in the last few months there are far more nice people than nasty on this site. Don't make the mistake of giving the nasties the power of taking away your enjoyment of this site.

They may have the freedom to express their opinion ( and they sure seem to have alot of them!), we also have the freedom to ignore them!

Granny Hawkins 04-29-2005 04:21 PM

I just plain love this site and I promise to try my best to play nice.

If I don't succeed please remind me of this promise.:) Each and every one of you! That will teach me.:D