Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Default So what projects are you working on??

Hey ladies,
Just wondering what kind of projects you are working on right now. I really need to have my pic's from my sons bday last week together and ready to begin because I'm already so far behind. When do you all have time to work. I find a little time when everyone goes to sleep but I have to be in the right frame of mind or I'll just sit in my scrapbook room and go through all my stuff and stare at the TV. I hate when I do that...I'm to tired to get anything major started but yet I do enjoy being in my room even if its just to go through the catalogs and dream of all the things I want. Hope you all have better luck with your projects than me.

Kristie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Default project-a-holic

Projects? Omygoodness. I am a project-a-holic. I always have 50 different projects going on.

Right now I'm making a card lunch tin for my sister complete with cards to go in it (have the tin decorated; have 2 cards made and I'm going to make at least 20 for it).

I'm making both of my nieces a sort of just because/back to school gift. It will be all kinds of decorated school supplies such as notebooks, beaded pens, bookmarks, etc. (I have one notebook done, I'm making 4 total; I have all the bookmarks done and the pens done)

I'm making my husband a photo cube (like I've seen on here!) because he complained about not having enough pictures of our daughter in his office. I have the pictures, paper and cube ready to go but haven't started this one yet.

My friends birthday is next month and she just found out she's pregnant so I'm making her a baby memories paint can with a book of quotes about raising children (she LOVES quotes).

I'm making my mom a shadowbox that has pictures of five generations of women in our family from my great grandmother down to my daughter and nieces.

Whew! I always have a ton of projects and are constantly adding more as and before I finish other projects. Not to mention ongoing projects like my daughter's scrapbooks. I need help. As for time, I have a demanding toddler so my only time is after bedtime and before she wakes up. I finish projects little by little (it takes me months to finish one thing!).
Old 07-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I just started making little cd albums - the empty cd cases with mini scrapbook pages on each side of the inside so it can be used as a double frame on a desktop etc. Here's an example:
Attached Thumbnails
So what projects are you working on??-richcd1.jpg  
Old 07-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

I too am one of those people with too many projects on the go at all times. I just finished a scrapbook of my daughter's growing up years. She's 22 so it was a real walk down memory lane. I picked a paper series, Aunt Gerdie's Garden from SEI. Then I went through all the old photos and scanned the ones I wanted to use and turned them into sepias so they would match the pink and brown theme of the paper. The book is 12x12 and each double page layout was a theme, family, her & her brother, pets, awards, halloween costumes, Christmas, cousins, etc.... She loves the book. Now I plan to do one for my son who is 19. I picked Den paper from the Chatterbox line. Bought the paper, found ribbon, embellishments, etc... His will be black and white photos with some color when they go with the page. In between these projects I work on cards and other scrapbook pages. I started scrapbooking in 2002. It quickly became a passion but I'm a full time University student so I have to sqeeze in time when I can. Even now I'm avoiding doing research and instead spending my time on SCS!!

It's only an addiction if you're trying to stop....
Old 07-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Wow! How many projects?? Well I am working on 4 name frames - one for each of my sons, and 2 for my friend's sons. I am also in the very early process of starting an altered board book that will be a guest book for my brother's wedding (actually only have the book, and quite a few ideas from here on SCS).

I am also working on a quilt for my son's toddler bed that he's been in for about 6 months now. I also have a few cross stitch projects that I'm working on now.

too many projects...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Does this include projects that have gone by the wayside?

Well those ones would be Scrapbooking my 2 sons studio photos, I am only upt to 6/9 months and they are 2 1/2 and 5 1/2! Scrapbooking the oldest ones Preschool year, ummmm he just finished Kindergarten! Scrapbooking any other snap shots, never even started! And a scrapbook for my younger sister from her nephews........................I should get back to that one!

More currently I am working on a ton of index cards for the gallery, I have about half of them done. I really liked volunteering for this project it gave me a purpose to stamp! And I am making my way through a scrapbook of me and my mom, that was my mom's mother's day present, but hey she might get it by August!

K
Old 07-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I just finished a lunch tin for my sister-in-law. She has a 2 1/2 yr. old daughter and twins who just turned one. The twins were 3 mo. premature and are having some developmental delays. She doesn't have much time to get out and buy cards and the family is huge!!! I put about 25 cards in it so she can just grab a few and go. The best part is that I get to deliver it to her in person on Friday. We live 1200 miles apart!!

I also am working on my DD's babybook/scrapbook. She is 15 months. I also have a family scrapbook which is about 15 months behind!!

Jeanette
Old 07-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Wedding stuff!!! My wedding is now about 14 months away (scary how time flies) and I can't say that I've started too many of the projects but I'm obsessed with decided on them. I've got pictures/ideas printed all over the place, templates book-marked on-line, and even trial projects that I've played around with. So many things... Favors (for the wedding, shower, etc.), the save-the-dates, the thank you cards for the shower and the wedding, the guestbook, the programs, the invitations... yikes! Its a bit much and I don't know how much I'll be able to do on my own, but I really want to do as much as I can because it adds such a personal touch. I need to decide asap so that I'm not freaking out at the last minute over projects I could have finished months before the wedding.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Right now I am completely focused on my sister's wedding and my brother's soon to be baby. I am making a scrapbook for both events. I have to get finished as we leave for both happy events next Friday!
Old 07-12-2006, 08:13 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Well good luck on all your projects everyone. I have so many things that I would love to start but never seem to begin any or if I do start then I never complete. I have started working on a baby album but the baby is due at the end of August but I just can't seem to get a move on it. I think I only have about 6 or so pages complete. Anyway hope you all enjoy your time stamping.

Kristie
Old 07-12-2006, 08:22 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I ordered 4 lunch tins this week, while waiting for them to arrive, I got up this morning and made 20 cards for my sister's birthday tin.... just waiting on the tin now..... hurry up and wait!! lol She has no idea, I can't wait to mail it to her!! and ofcourse I am always working on cards for swaps!! going to a stampin up party tomorrow night, first one with new catty.... there goes my budget!!
Old 07-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I am finally down to one project - a paper bag book for my friend who is getting married. I'll be posting a pic of all the goodies I did. Once this is done, it's time to mail. Can't wait.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 07-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

I am.....just trying to make ONE CARD! ONE!!!!!! A bridal shower card for my cousin!
Faerey Blog
Old 07-12-2006, 04:02 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

I have been doing up some Christmas cards, believe it or not. I just got some new Christmas stamps (Stampendous, MSE) and lovelovelove them!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:21 AM   #15  
Inking Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to paperwife

I'm starting Christmas gifts: lunch tins w/ cards in them (making 4), baby accordian album (2)....and more projects as I think of them

I'm also working on: clipboards for BSF children's leaders (, altoid tin album for me & one for SIL.

And I'm sure I'll have some "emergency" projects pop up that will put everything on hold so I can get it done by whatever deadlline I forgot.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:34 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=79833

Finally got my one card done.....sheesh. I want to stamp more now.
Faerey Blog