In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2006, 06:56 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva
 
SCEmily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lugoff, S.C.
Posts: 4,372
Question So Saffron question

I just purchased the So Saffron classic ink pad and cardtock. I LOVE the cardstock, but the ink does't look like the same color. My ink pad is yellowish brown. It's a really funny color, and I wasn't sure if thats how it was meant to look. Does yours look like that? I'm really curious if thats how they all look, or if SU just somehow messed up on the color a little bit. Thanks in advance.
__________________
Emily
My Blog
My Gallery
SCEmily is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva
 
SCEmily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lugoff, S.C.
Posts: 4,372
Default

Sorry, I just realized I had a ton of typos. I really miss that edit button.
__________________
Emily
My Blog
My Gallery
SCEmily is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:02 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess
 
jpmayo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 23,958
Default

I happen to be using the ink and the marker right now so I pulled out a piece of cs and the ink is definitely more brown than the cs or the marker and it is definitely a lot darker when I stamped the ink on the so saffron cs. Hope this helps.
__________________
Jimmi
My Blog: Stamping With Jimmi
My SCS Gallery: jpmayo
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
jpmayo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:14 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva
 
SCEmily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lugoff, S.C.
Posts: 4,372
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo
I happen to be using the ink and the marker right now so I pulled out a piece of cs and the ink is definitely more brown than the cs or the marker and it is definitely a lot darker when I stamped the ink on the so saffron cs. Hope this helps.
Thank you for checking for me!
__________________
Emily
My Blog
My Gallery
SCEmily is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:14 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
indyemmert's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 12,267
Default

How does the color look when you stamp it on white? I have the spot, and the color is fine when you stamp it but the pad looks brownish.
indyemmert is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 9,220
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCEmily
I just purchased the So Saffron classic ink pad and cardtock. I LOVE the cardstock, but the ink does't look like the same color. My ink pad is yellowish brown. It's a really funny color, and I wasn't sure if thats how it was meant to look. Does yours look like that? I'm really curious if thats how they all look, or if SU just somehow messed up on the color a little bit. Thanks in advance.
Same thing happened to me. Whenever I want a tone-on-tone stamp image on So Saffron CS I use the Apricot ink. I think it looks more like what you would expect than does the "brown" saffron.
__________________
Susy
Boss is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva
 
SCEmily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lugoff, S.C.
Posts: 4,372
Default

Mine is brownish on white or stamped on so saffron paper. The pad also looks brown, but a lot of colors look funny on the pad. My pretty in pink pad looks orange, but the ink when stamped looks perfect.
__________________
Emily
My Blog
My Gallery
SCEmily is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert
 
MilwaukeeMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 5,342
Default

I bought my ink pad used, so I always thought that was the problem!!! Glad to know it's not just mine --does it help to reink it, or is the reinker ink just as brown??
__________________
~Michelle
MilwaukeeMommy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva
 
SCEmily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lugoff, S.C.
Posts: 4,372
Default

I wonder if maybe you could reink it with barlely banana? The colors of paper are so similar, so I wonder if that would tone down the brown.
__________________
Emily
My Blog
My Gallery
SCEmily is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:20 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru
 
msdetloff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: In a cluttery mess of imagination.
Posts: 5,647
Default

Our inks and papers coordinate and aren't always exactly the same tone...just like in sewing different fabrics take dye differently making them not look like the same color anymore...I like the saffron color for both paper and cardstock...the ink is a lovely fallish color.

Mindy
__________________




msdetloff is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:52 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert
 
SweetCarolineSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Elgin, SC
Posts: 3,142
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by msdetloff
Our inks and papers coordinate and aren't always exactly the same tone...just like in sewing different fabrics take dye differently making them not look like the same color anymore...I like the saffron color for both paper and cardstock...the ink is a lovely fallish color.

Mindy
i don't think that was her concern...all of our other 40 some odd colors that we both have, do coordinate with each other alot better. the only one that seems to be a different tone is the saffron though. I've noticed that as well. I mean yeah, all my inkpads are a shade or 2 darker than the paper, but that's what makes them show up... they are the same exact color, in different shades, though. my saffron seems to be brownish yellow ink, and the paper seems to have no hint of brown at all. i think that's what she means when she says two different colors.
__________________
Facebook me!!!

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
SweetCarolineSC is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:54 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva
 
SCEmily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lugoff, S.C.
Posts: 4,372
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetCarolineSC
i don't think that was her concern...all of our other 40 some odd colors that we both have, do coordinate with each other alot better. the only one that seems to be a different tone is the saffron though. I've noticed that as well. I mean yeah, all my inkpads are a shade or 2 darker than the paper, but that's what makes them show up... they are the same exact color, in different shades, though. my saffron seems to be brownish yellow ink, and the paper seems to have no hint of brown at all. i think that's what she means when she says two different colors.
Yep, That exactally what I meant. You took the words right out of my mouth.
__________________
Emily
My Blog
My Gallery
SCEmily is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:59 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot
 
krabearkub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Just south of the twin cities(MN)
Posts: 5,404
Default

I isn't BROWN but it is darker than you would expect.....I stamp it off on scratch paper before I stamp on SS paper if I want a tone-on-tone look.
__________________
Kurtis Amundson // stampinkub.com
Design Team: Gina K. Designs

Question // If art is subjective, then why are we objective in making it?
krabearkub is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:49 AM   #14  
Inking Addict
 
anniart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 90
Default

Mine is a beigy color too. I just don't use it.
anniart is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apricot Appeal masquerading as So Saffron! blueyes63 General Stamping Talk 5 01-06-2006 08:42 AM