Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   this is so lame.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/so-lame-337102/)

denidill 03-31-2008 04:58 PM

this is so lame....

but I need help in getting some card themes, as I seem to have a problem keeping a variety for the girls at work. Everytime they want a type of card, I don't have it!

Ok, so I've got:
birthday (easy)
pregnancy
birth of a baby
sympathy
congratulations
mothers day
fathers day
wedding
ummmmmm....I think that is it for my card shoe box at work....and I know there are a ton more...help!

(I got asked for a pregnancy card today and had none...DUH...so have added that to my list, but want to get a REALLY complete list so I've got all my bases covered). It's often for the image, as I often leave the sentiment blank....but sometimes they want a specific sentiment for a specific type of card and that is what I am looking for!

Thanks for any help!

ebeart 03-31-2008 05:00 PM

Graduation, easter, christmas and anniversary!

amymcgs 03-31-2008 05:02 PM

anniversary
new house
graduation
thinking of you
cards with a slot or pocket for gift cards (?)

For myself, I keep cards on hand with both religious sentiments and without any religious references.

milwaukite 03-31-2008 05:03 PM

Get well, Thinking of you

McStamper 03-31-2008 05:04 PM

Get Well.

stampingPaige 03-31-2008 05:18 PM

I have a shoe box for work also! Some other sections I have are -congratulations/ good luck, thank you, and a section of "seasonal"- which last month had spring, Easter, St. Patrick's day, etc.- whatever holidays are coming up soon. I also tell people if they would like to have a "special order" card to let me know which stamps/theme, and color scheme they would like- it works out well!

stamping_KML 03-31-2008 05:38 PM

In addition to ones listed, at work I also sell:
anniversary for a couple
anniversary for a spouse
birth of a baby for a grandparent
bridal shower
congratulations
good luck
retirement

I also make sure I have male and female versions of the cards like congrats, good luck, thank you, retirement, & thinking of you. For example, last week, someone bought a guy thinking of you card, to send to a guy they know who just found out he has throat cancer. They probably wouldn't have bought a flower card, if that's all I had. :)

Redfern 03-31-2008 06:28 PM

Engagement
New Car
New House
New Job
Birth of Twins
New Pet
Pet Sympathy

Barb M.
SCS Redfern

pantala40 03-31-2008 06:35 PM

these are all great ladies, thanks! I am taking a basket of cards to work tomorrow actually.

Denise - if you don't mind me asking, on average how much do you charge per card? I was thinking around $3.50, 3 cards for $10?

I was at Hallmark the other day, and their cards are NOT cheap! Some of them are like $4.50!!

the only other thing I would add to this list might be monogram cards for popular letters. I find those go quickly. I'v just done up a "B" card for a friend at work as I know she will use it on her friend that she likes sending handmade cards too. This might also be an easy idea for a male themed card.

HTH! :-D

piedpipurr 03-31-2008 06:46 PM

subbing

TheresaCC 03-31-2008 07:05 PM

Here are a few more...

Sorry
Bon Voyage
Grandparents Day

Choc0holic 03-31-2008 07:33 PM

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread! What a great resource! A few more to add (sorry if I missed them in my quick reading)...

Friendship
Just Because

Keep 'em coming ladies!

sixty6pixiestix 03-31-2008 07:39 PM

I seem to be in the same boat, I never feel like I have enough of a variety to offer. Or they ask for Easter cards so I make a bunch and they buy all birthday cards.

denidill 03-31-2008 08:53 PM

I'm over priced

Thanks so much, girls, for all your great suggestions. I always know the SCS gals come through for stuff like this.

How much do I charge for my cards, someone asked? Well, you may not believe it, but I charge 6 dollars per card. 7$ if it is very involved with decorated envelope. I have never had any complaints. People pay. If the card is super easy, it is either 4-5 bucks.

Most of the cards in my 'shoe box' took a long time to make. If I can pull off the card in 30 min. , I feel guilty charging too much, hence the 4$ price which seems to be fine with everyone. And I sell a lot of them. Made 90 bucks last week!

NancyL2648 03-31-2008 09:21 PM

You are not overpriced if people are willing to pay that price without complaint. Good for you on making $90 on card sales in one week. Wish I had a source for selling...I'm jealous. *grin*
OT...I love reading the threads you post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidill (Post 9354440)
Thanks so much, girls, for all your great suggestions. I always know the SCS gals come through for stuff like this.

How much do I charge for my cards, someone asked? Well, you may not believe it, but I charge 6 dollars per card. 7$ if it is very involved with decorated envelope. I have never had any complaints. People pay. If the card is super easy, it is either 4-5 bucks.

Most of the cards in my 'shoe box' took a long time to make. If I can pull off the card in 30 min. , I feel guilty charging too much, hence the 4$ price which seems to be fine with everyone. And I sell a lot of them. Made 90 bucks last week!

buttons2 04-01-2008 04:43 AM

Did anyone mention "sympathy"? I saw pet sympathy, but...

Wanda

debcst 04-01-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40 (Post 9352755)
the only other thing I would add to this list might be monogram cards for popular letters. I find those go quickly. I'v just done up a "B" card for a friend at work as I know she will use it on her friend that she likes sending handmade cards too. This might also be an easy idea for a male themed card.

HTH! :-D

Stupid question: Do people buy monogram cards according to their first initial or last name initial?

debcst 04-01-2008 05:02 AM

Has anyone compiled all of these in one list?

vensung1 04-01-2008 05:33 AM

Thank you cards are always nice too (I looked through and didn't see them listed)

MaryAnnK 04-01-2008 05:42 AM

How about *special* birthdays? Sweet Sixteen, 30,40,50, etc. Did anyone mention Retirement?

wmoore1 04-01-2008 05:48 AM

How about,

Sister, Brother, niece, nephew etc
Husband, partner
Adoption

debcst 04-01-2008 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debcst (Post 9355694)
Stupid question: Do people buy monogram cards according to their first initial or last name initial?

Anyone?

cookscrapstamp 04-01-2008 05:56 AM

I would buy a monogram according to my first initial since my last could be from ANYONE in my family.. Just my .02 cents

Aunt B 04-01-2008 06:08 AM

cards

I would make some blank for note cards, possibly party invites sample, and patriotic theme, most everyone knows a military person to send to.

debcst 04-01-2008 06:15 AM

Okay...I compiled them over here...will continue to update as people post more ideas.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...75#post9356475

Great thread...thanks so much, denidill, for starting it!

Advogirl 04-01-2008 06:32 AM

Not lame at all...glad I found this initial post as I will now watch both posts to get a great list for those days when you are blank but want to play....can build a great supply!

Movin'Mel 04-01-2008 08:27 AM

Subscribing

JBgreendawn 04-01-2008 08:33 AM

how about thinking of you and miss you?

jailbirdstamper 04-01-2008 08:54 AM

cards for a baby or wedding shower?

Just because cards.

debcst 04-02-2008 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debcst (Post 9356496)
Okay...I compiled them over here...will continue to update as people post more ideas.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...75#post9356475

Great thread...thanks so much, denidill, for starting it!

Just a note about the compiled list....in this forum, the edit button seems to expire so I haven't been able to update the top post.

I will keep the updated list near the bottom of the thread, so look down there if you go to print it off.

--Debbie

monkeymama 04-02-2008 07:44 AM

One thing I like to send to friends are funny cards, JUST FOR NO REASON at all! Who doesn't love to get a surprise in the mail?!

austamper 04-02-2008 08:05 AM

Subbing!