Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   SO frustrating. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/so-frustrating-343332/)

austamper 04-25-2008 05:05 PM

SO frustrating.

I have made my favorite card yet. Seriously. And I can't get a good picture of it! :( I've taken atleast 100 pictures I've tried scanning it... nothing! Blurry or not good coloring. *sigh*

I have a Sony Cyber Shot. Good little camera. My light isn't great just because it's night time.

I just don't know what to do.

SophieLaFontaine 04-25-2008 05:11 PM

Can you wait 'til morning and re-take the picture? *grin*

Can you see if your camera has a setting where you could keep the lens open longer? The longer it is open, the more light that can enter the camera. I don't know what else you could do for now.

But for future night-time picture taking, maybe you can buy Photoshop Elements or some other graphics program that will let you digitally increase the exposure on your photos.

austamper 04-25-2008 05:13 PM

Thanks! :) I really want one of those studios in a box so that I can take good pictures at any time! While we are at it I"d also like Nikon D40! hahah.

SophieLaFontaine 04-25-2008 05:16 PM

Yes... one of those boxes would be a super solution as well!

eliotstamps 04-25-2008 05:17 PM

Take it outside tomorrow, Krista! And then post a link here when you've got a good pic so we can see it!
My best card photos are daylight cards, though since I got my OTT-lite, my nighttime photos have improved a lot. You might try one of those, too.

MaryAnnK 04-25-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliotstamps (Post 9635295)
Take it outside tomorrow, Krista! And then post a link here when you've got a good pic so we can see it!
My best card photos are daylight cards, though since I got my OTT-lite, my nighttime photos have improved a lot. You might try one of those, too.

DUH - I never thought to take pictures under my OTT-lite. Thanks for the suggestion.

austamper 04-25-2008 05:30 PM

ooohhhh..... I do have an OTT light. duh! I will try that!

outiside has always gotten the best results for me. I rarely do it though. Don't know why.

austamper 04-25-2008 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well OTT light was no luck. It still came out fuzzy. I'll try again tomorrow but here's a sneak peak. ;)

MaryAnnK 04-25-2008 06:07 PM

Do your have a tripod you can use? If I can't prop my elbow on something or use a tripod, I tend to get a fuzzy picture too. Just a thought.

austamper 04-25-2008 06:08 PM

I don't have a tripod. I didn't think about ME being the shaky one. haha

DannieGrvs 04-25-2008 06:17 PM

Make sure that you're using the macro setting on your camera. It's the little button that looks like a flower. You use that setting whenever you're taking a picture of something that's closer than 3 feet from you. Your camera (all cameras for that matter) have a difficult time focusing on objects that are really close. This setting should help take away the blurriness. I hope that helps!

austamper 04-25-2008 06:48 PM

AHH!! I do have a flower on there! hah. OK I'll try that.

austamper 04-25-2008 06:51 PM

OMG Dannie! Thank you thank you so much!!!!!!!

OK these are good. :) I'm going to put them in my galary now.

jnsyr 04-25-2008 06:53 PM

If you set your camera on a surface you don't need a tripod. My husband does this all the time--use a book, etc. to steady it. You may want to use the timer so your hand won't even jiggle the camera as it snaps.

BTW, your card looks GREAT! Can't wait to see the triumphant final photo!

wendalyn 04-25-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamper (Post 9635175)
I have made my favorite card yet. Seriously. And I can't get a good picture of it! :( I've taken atleast 100 pictures I've tried scanning it... nothing! Blurry or not good coloring. *sigh*

I have a Sony Cyber Shot. Good little camera. My light isn't great just because it's night time.

I just don't know what to do.

I had a Sony Cyber Shot and had the same problems it does not take good close ups. I bought Canon Digital Rebel after that and it takes great closeups...

austamper 04-25-2008 07:08 PM

I would LOVE a canon rebel xt! Someday... maybe some day. :)

OK ... here is the best shot I've gotten. I think it's good. I might try again tomorrow in the daylight and replace it.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...5794?cat=12243

ReneeNJ 04-25-2008 07:15 PM

Wow! That looks much better. I learned something today too (from Dannie). I too am trying to take pics for my gallery and never thought of that setting. I have the same camera (a Sony Cybershot).

DannieGrvs 04-25-2008 09:07 PM

Oh good, I'm glad it worked for you. Your card is darling! I had no idea what a "macro" setting was either, but my husband showed it to me. He's a computer guy and knows all sorts of stuff about electronics. It's amazing how much his knowledge has helped me with stamping. Who would have thought?!!!

Makaren 04-25-2008 09:13 PM

Your card is lovely. I figured it was a focus problem. Your first picture had a great view of the markers in the background so the camera was focused on that length instead of close up on the card.

Makaren

austamper 04-25-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makaren (Post 9637843)
Your card is lovely. I figured it was a focus problem. Your first picture had a great view of the markers in the background so the camera was focused on that length instead of close up on the card.

Makaren

Hahaha... I didn't even notice that!

baxtif 04-25-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannieGrvs (Post 9637780)
Oh good, I'm glad it worked for you. Your card is darling! I had no idea what a "macro" setting was either, but my husband showed it to me. He's a computer guy and knows all sorts of stuff about electronics. It's amazing how much his knowledge has helped me with stamping. Who would have thought?!!!

LOL! Dannie, my husband and yours must have been separated at birth, because mine is the same way. He taught me about Macro after I complained to him about how blurry my card photos were coming out. Ever since then, I can shoot at 11 p.m. and still get great pics.

Cook22 04-26-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine (Post 9635231)
But for future night-time picture taking, maybe you can buy Photoshop Elements or some other graphics program that will let you digitally increase the exposure on your photos.

The GIMP is a free photo-editing pacakge, and it is very good. Takes a bit of learning, but you can do almost everything in it. It was my brother, who did industrial design and then a degree in computers who put me onto it.

The macro button is great, you won't know yourself now you've found it:D