Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #161  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is a question for those accusing others of being negative...how is saying "I don't like the new mini" being negative?? Someone please explain that to me..

I'm saying that what SU has put out in the last couple years has not been to my liking at all...how is that negative?? It's a personal preference!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #162  
Rubber Obsessor

Default HELP!

Do you know how I can sort through the swap postings and only have ones show that are CURRENT swaps?
Old 07-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #163  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauralea39
quote: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2998396&postcount=133

I also wish the ribbon holder came in singles or the three tier set because I want one set of all three sizes and will probably have no one to split with.
Laura check with your demo. I split goodies quite often with cutsomers or maybe she can match you up with somebody else on her list wanting to go halfsies.

Old 07-19-2006, 09:57 AM   #164  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stamping
Just because I am disappointed with the mini catalogue, doesnt mean that I'm not looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing with the sets, sometimes things are not my style, but I still LOVE seeing what the creative people on this site can do with the sets!
What a nice way to put it! I never was in love with the set "Love Without End" but for some reason always liked the samples others made with them-just not my style.

When looking for new sets one thing I remember reading is that you should have twice as many accessories as stamps-and I share that with customers as well. Our gallery here is a perfect example of how using one set can yield hundreds (if not thousands) of great projects with the same set, what changes is the layout, colors, accessories, etc.

(And I know that is all well and good but instead of following my own advice all the time I order more b/c I still love getting new rubber! LOL )

Old 07-19-2006, 10:10 AM   #165  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
What a nice way to put it! I never was in love with the set "Love Without End" but for some reason always liked the samples others made with them-just not my style.

When looking for new sets one thing I remember reading is that you should have twice as many accessories as stamps-and I share that with customers as well. Our gallery here is a perfect example of how using one set can yield hundreds (if not thousands) of great projects with the same set, what changes is the layout, colors, accessories, etc.

(And I know that is all well and good but instead of following my own advice all the time I order more b/c I still love getting new rubber! LOL )
haha.. LWOE was teh set i love that ohters dont.. LOL

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2006, 10:11 AM   #166  
Glitter Guru

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30
This is a question for those accusing others of being negative...how is saying "I don't like the new mini" being negative?? Someone please explain that to me..

I'm saying that what SU has put out in the last couple years has not been to my liking at all...how is that negative?? It's a personal preference!
Well, it's not a positive statement...
I, for one, didn't say it couldn't be your (or anyone else's) opinion not to like something. I'm just trying to be the "someone" to explain a possible answer to your question.

I think there's a positive way to say negative things without being silly. Several examples have been given in this thread already.
"I'm not going to break the budget with this mini."
"I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else does with the stamps in this mini. None of them inspire me or motivate me."

And, all of that said, I'm not saying that you have to "spin" your response. I'm just giving general examples of less negative ways of presenting the same info.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Old 07-19-2006, 10:12 AM   #167  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc82742
I think mine was Travels Abroad and Just Beakause

Old 07-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #168  
Stazon Splitcoast

Actually, I think this mini is perfect. It's not like the summer mini, where I wanted absolutely nothing, or the spring mini, where I wanted everything!

I really like Snow Flurries, the Holiday Thyme paper, the ribbon, and the ribbon holders. Just enough stuff to make me happy, but not too much to blow my stamping budget.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Old 07-19-2006, 10:59 AM   #169  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyGirl
I totally agree!! I have Paris in the Spring, too, for the very same reason! Love that scooter girl, and I'm loving that sled girl now, too!
Its the same girl. She just changed her mode of transportation since the Vespa doesn't do so well on snowy Paris streets.

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:29 AM   #170  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529
Its the same girl. She just changed her mode of transportation since the Vespa doesn't do so well on snowy Paris streets.
haha I have been on the treets of Paris around Christmas-she is pretty optimistic to think her gifts would stay put, LOL. But i agree that a Vespa loaded with gifts would be tricky to manuever (sp?)

Old 07-19-2006, 12:23 PM   #171  
Glitter Guru

so just curious when we start seeing samples in the gallery from the holiday mini.I know you demos get your catalogs earlier than we do.esspecially those of you who go to regionals and conventions all the time.get to play with these sets much earlier.

This is really the best time for me as to when I can say and get abetter idea of which sets I always want.Like a few other I don't always like them at first then 1 card can change everything for me.I guess you can call me a stamppin sucker one at that.I just get sucked into buying sets that easily.

Plus it's always nice when people spread the news and post that a new mini is avaible for us to see it gives us time liek someone else said.to plan our orders ahead of time at least for me it is like that.I plan on what sets I am going to get by what I am seeing in the gallery.how versatile people make the sets.and how much use I will get from them.If I think this is a set I willuse more than I originally thought.Lots of times I plan on ordering sets by the time of the year it is.So if it's summer time I buy sets for the summer,Like serene sunflower,artfully asian,shore thing,flipflop wheel.My next order for August will be I love soccer,silly sealife,Possibly th enew heart set that is coming out for August 15 thru Sept 15th .I tend to buy my sets by the season we are in.Like again in Sept we will be getting into fall soon so give thanks will be on my list and if the minii has anything in it that I need I will get befoe the mini catalog is over.

I also like to split up my orders by buying 1 or 2 stamp sets a bg stamp,or a wheel or too just to get a variety of stuff.I am learning to make little commitments as I buy certain prodcuts this way I say when I am going to buy something I am not trying to get everything at the last minute before the next catalog come sout and I am hurrying to get those last minute things I didn't throught the year so now I have what I wanted much earlier.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #172  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by off_the_wall
I really like oranmassortment,holiday trim and heavenly peace. I don't like any of the halloween ones.
I like that ornamassorment is so affordable!!!!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Old 07-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #173  
Pearl-ExPert

I really liked quite a few sets -- that paper is nice too, and the on board books, and the ribbon, and the ribbon holder -- I think I need to make a list and narrow it down!!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #174  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbirdstamper
I like that ornamassorment is so affordable!!!!

Yes!! I love that set, I don't need a lot of Christmas stamps since there is only the one card style I usually do each year so the less spent the better!
Old 07-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #175  
Gallery Gazer

Ohhhh Britta!!! You and DH look HOT together!! Whata great pic!!

And by the way, I like the new Mini! The papers are great, the new ribbons are neato-freato, I Like Ornamassortment, I like the little snowflake 'spots' (name?), I cant remember more cuz its not open in front of me!

How come I dont see any posts that say "I am SO dissapointed in TAC/CTMH/CM????" Why is it always SU? People seem to be pretty pleasant about the other companies here, but love to bash SU! I could go on about the other companies products and styles, but Im not bashy about it, just not my style or liking!!

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 PM   #176  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was happy with the selection in this mini, there seemed to be something for just about everyone's style.

SU! certainly can't please everyone...and some people are almost impossible to please, they will always find a negative in everything. Thank goodness none of those people are *my* customers

Old 07-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #177  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Tasha - could there *be* anymore typos in this posts? Tee hee, just kidding ya girlie!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #178  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmferg
I was happy with the selection in this mini, there seemed to be something for just about everyone's style.

SU! certainly can't please everyone...and some people are almost impossible to please, they will always find a negative in everything. Thank goodness none of those people are *my* customers
Yes, thank goodness...as I'm sure they'd much rather give their money to people that appreciate it!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:15 PM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Is this English???

Just kidding Tasha!

BTW, Destiny gave me a fantastic haircut yesterday!
My nonstamping, weight-loss blog sort of.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #180  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkalicious
How come I dont see any posts that say "I am SO dissapointed in TAC/CTMH/CM????" Why is it always SU? People seem to be pretty pleasant about the other companies here, but love to bash SU! I could go on about the other companies products and styles, but Im not bashy about it, just not my style or liking!!
Ok LOL. I will be honest and say I was so disappointed with the CTMH fall catty. A lot of the new scrapbook kits were a rehash of the same color schemes from other kits that I didn't particularly care for. The spring catty had so many nice things with the wedding kit/album and the pink paisley and easter stuff, I was really disappointed that the summer and fall didn't follow suit with color schemes/themes that I liked.

Getting back to the SU mini, I really liked it and I am really happy with SU and this site. I think there will be more people saying negative things lately about SU because I think that there are a lot more competitors doing different things lately that brings more competition to SU. I still love SU stamps though!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:30 PM   #181  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Well, I tried to keep my mouth shut but I just couldn't do it. I'm gonna blame it on the hormones. I think people start threads like this because they know there are a TON of SU demos here that will be offended by it. It's just a way to stir up controversy IMHO. So we play into it and get upset and really all it does is make us look petty.

IMHO again, SU has the best quality stamps, paper, ink, etc. There's really no way to combat that but start threads that slam SU. Jealousy is an ugly thing.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #182  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30

I don't understand it either, Sara! I don't like using stamps you have to colour in (Joe Cool being a major exception ). Apparently my saying this that means I feel threatened by these line art stamps and need to 'slam' them in order to feel better about myself or something. that sounds pretty ludicrous to me!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #183  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicksmom917
I think people start threads like this because they know there are a TON of SU demos here that will be offended by it. It's just a way to stir up controversy IMHO.
Sorry, this just doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:46 PM   #184  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
Sorry, this just doesn't make any sense to me.
Hey - No problem. It's just an opinion. I've just seen way too many threads like this started for the sole purpose of getting people riled up. Probably not the case in this situation but like I said...I really tried to keep my mouth shut. Sometimes it's started by someone from a competing company, sometimes it's started by someone with a "customer vs. evil demo" mentality. Either way, I was addressing a previous poster and it was kind of tongue-in-cheek anyway, hence the smilie face.

I'm a self-proclaimed cynic so that's probably part of my problem (on top of the hormones).

I do want to say that I, in no way, intended for my post to read that you or anyone else were threatened by anything or needed to slam SU.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #185  
Embossing Fanatic

Location: just trying to navigate through all the muck to get to the Good Stuff!

Quote:

Well, I tried to keep my mouth shut but I just couldn't do it. I'm gonna blame it on the hormones. I think people start threads like this because they know there are a TON of SU demos here that will be offended by it. It's just a way to stir up controversy IMHO. So we play into it and get upset and really all it does is make us look petty.

IMHO again, SU has the best quality stamps, paper, ink, etc. There's really no way to combat that but start threads that slam SU. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Well, IMHO, this sounds pretty mean to say and almost like you are trying to say that SU! demonstrators are in some kind of special group or something and they arent just a normal person like those of us that pay their salaries...IMHO

IMHO again, actually, the reason that SU! is talked about positively *and* negatively more than any of the other companies is probably because the majority of people on this site are SU! customers rather than the other companies. IMHO
Old 07-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #186  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2stamp4fun
Well, IMHO, this sounds pretty mean to say and almost like you are trying to say that SU! demonstrators are in some kind of special group or something and they arent just a normal person like those of us that pay their salaries...IMHO

IMHO again, actually, the reason that SU! is talked about positively *and* negatively more than any of the other companies is probably because the majority of people on this site are SU! customers rather than the other companies. IMHO
Nope. Sorry you read it that way. You don't know me but I can assure you that I don't think SU demonstrators are a special group or anything like that.

Sorry I even brought it up. I was just sharing my opinion. Won't make that mistake here again.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:54 PM   #187  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Is this English???

Just kidding Tasha!

BTW, Destiny gave me a fantastic haircut yesterday!
sweet.. did she tell you i got a fabulous color and cut from her on saturday???

kathryn.. you know what is sad?? i even had an edit button i dont use!! LOL

Old 07-19-2006, 03:57 PM   #188  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

sweet.. did she tell you i got a fabulous color and cut from her on saturday???

kathryn.. you know what is sad?? i even had an edit button i dont use!! LOL
She sure did. She is soooo sweet! Thanks for giving me her name and number!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:11 PM   #189  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Quote:

Nope. Sorry you read it that way. You don't know me but I can assure you that I don't think SU demonstrators are a special group or anything like that.

Sorry I even brought it up. I was just sharing my opinion. Won't make that mistake here again.

Are you stirring up trouble again, Jenna???? When ya' gonna have that baby?

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #190  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529
Are you stirring up trouble again, Jenna???? When ya' gonna have that baby?
Apparently It's been that kind of day. Maybe my sweet twin will show up tomorrow!

Never...I am never going to have this baby! I'm convinced of it.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #191  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Apparently It's been that kind of day. Maybe my sweet twin will show up tomorrow!

Never...I am never going to have this baby! I'm convinced of it.
that is WHY i hate being PG in the summer...

Old 07-19-2006, 04:22 PM   #192  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

How come I dont see any posts that say "I am SO dissapointed in TAC/CTMH/CM????" Why is it always SU?
Because 98% of what we talk about on SCS is SU. It's just statistics I guess. If this were a TAC board, we'd be talking about TAC 98% of the time.

And I don't think anyone is bashing SU, just expressing their personal opinion.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #193  
Stampin' Fool

I have posted here numerous times that I detest CTMH stamps. So if that makes me negative so be it. I also hate squash and pantyhose. I guess there is no saving me! I love far more things in life and speak up openly about those too.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #194  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Interesting that you think you know my motives. I spend more money on SU stuff than any other company. I have 3 regular demos and 2 I use now and then. Soooo, if you think not loving every darn thing SU makes is simply to upset YOU, well what can I say!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #195  
Forum Fanatic

If you are a demo, you are employed to WOW us.

Do not criticize if people do not like each and every thing.

Why is the competition so intense, that you do not want ot hear more, and then, maybe show more examples, prove that the set is spectacular???. Why are you all, so instantly angry.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #196  
Forum Fanatic

Smile

Get busy and show us why we should buy something from the mini?!

What is going on, that you are criticizing customers, for having an opinion?

Look at that, read into it, and do something with it!!

Trust me, no one is jealous.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #197  
Stampin' Fool

hedgiemama, you hit the nail dead on the head!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 05:13 PM   #198  
Gallery Gazer

I was thinking about how that snowflakes set looks a lot like little pieces and all, and how I adore the snowflakes set so maybe I should look harder at little pieces instead to get a more general-purpose set. You know what? I don't really care for little pieces! I am glad they rehashed that idea, but I can see long-term or high-volume buyers feeling left out of SU when they already have a version of a set they love.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #199  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
I was thinking about how that snowflakes set looks a lot like little pieces and all, and how I adore the snowflakes set so maybe I should look harder at little pieces instead to get a more general-purpose set. You know what? I don't really care for little pieces! I am glad they rehashed that idea, but I can see long-term or high-volume buyers feeling left out of SU when they already have a version of a set they love.
im the total opposite!!
i LOVE little pieces, and would LOVE to use it in Christmas cards! so it totally appeals to me.. i see bashful blue and pretty in pink christmas cards, with some glitter and cute ribbon!!! i cant wait!

Old 07-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #200  
Stampin' Fool

I plan to use Little Pieces in pastels with On the Spot Background for some of my Christmas work.