Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-18-2006, 09:49 AM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

I love the ribbon organizer, I’ll have to go back and check out the stamp sets again… Thanks for sharing the link
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for posting the link! I always like to know what is coming to arrange my purchases. I liked a few sets, but no must haves yet . . . I am sure SCS will change my mind.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 07-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
I love the ribbon organizer, I’ll have to go back and check out the stamp sets again… Thanks for sharing the link

Jaxma, you got Jovi's blessing! Woe to anyone that dare complain now!

All hail the great Jovita for SHE has spoken!
Click here for the scoop!
My itty bitty GALLERY. Comment, please!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:04 AM   #44  
Kookie Creator

I love the ribbon that matches the new in colors - a must have! The snowflake set is very cute and super cheap - another must have
Old 07-18-2006, 10:09 AM   #45  
Glitter Guru

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

I think the demos will have to realize that this kind of helpful info dissemination can't really be stopped. It really does create buzz and help them even if they don't think so.

As for the mini - I love the ribbon, I like the Christmas paper, and I'm interested in a couple of the stamp sets. I don't get "Think Big" at all - what are you supposed to do with a stamp that says "{live}"? Maybe someone could explain that set to me because I'm sure there's someone out there who is in love with it and "gets it."
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2006, 10:18 AM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
I haven't looked at the mini yet... but I can say this: I won't say whether I like it or not, because almost ALL the time, I have to eat my words. Sets that don't appeal to me at first become my favorites after seeing a single card posted by one of our own SCS power stampers

LOL Me too. Usually, I"m not impressed at first but then they grow on me.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 AM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeahsCreations
As for the mini - I love the ribbon, I like the Christmas paper, and I'm interested in a couple of the stamp sets. I don't get "Think Big" at all - what are you supposed to do with a stamp that says "{live}"? Maybe someone could explain that set to me because I'm sure there's someone out there who is in love with it and "gets it."
The phrase "Live Big" comes to mind. I think this set would be great for scrapbooking.

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
Old 07-18-2006, 10:20 AM   #48  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I don't like looking at the catalog online---not that I don't want it there---but it is really hard for me to see, hard on my eyes.

BUT that didn't stop me looking! LOL! I didn't see anything jump out at me as far as sets, but when I see the paper copy, I may change my mind. I DO want the ribbon and ribbon organizers though!!!!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:23 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

I LOVE the In Color Ribbons, The ribbon storage and the papers. I really like two of the Christmas sets. I'm not sure if I'm buying though. I usually use 1 Christmas set every year so I know I won't be giving the same thing two years in a row and I already have next year's Christmas set.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Old 07-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

okay.. seriously! do you WANT to love everything in the catty??

honestly... i dont! i cant afford to want it all. and i am sooo impulsive and buy what i love rather than think it through.. i LIKE when i dont want it all.
i have way too much from the summer catty, and now the new catty is calling me.. then this mini too?? when do i recoup?? when do i have time to use it all??
i will HAVE to have the new colors, the new ribbons, the snowflake set.. and that alone overwhelms me!

what i love about SU is that they are able to cater to every single person. there are soo many sets i dont like, but i LOVE what someone else creates with it.. because that set is their style. i have had people tell me they didnt care for one of my fave sets.. and while i think they are CRAZY! lol
i totally get what they are saying, because i feel that way about other sets.

i dont get negativity though.
i LOVE the stuff target comes out with in their seasonal merchandise.. the thanksgiving dishes and the summer line of patio furniture.. but would you go bad mouthing them because they didnt cater to your tastes?? seriously??

and what about the people who actually do like these sets?? they arent going to say anything, or upload their creations to change our mind because everyone has already aired their distastes for the sets.. you know?

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Old 07-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #51  
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you for the mini.. Glad to have a chance to look at it.
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=14255
Old 07-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #52  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc82742
okay.. seriously! do you WANT to love everything in the catty??

honestly... i dont! i cant afford to want it all. and i am sooo impulsive and buy what i love rather than think it through.. i LIKE when i dont want it all.
i have way too much from the summer catty, and now the new catty is calling me.. then this mini too?? when do i recoup?? when do i have time to use it all??
i will HAVE to have the new colors, the new ribbons, the snowflake set.. and that alone overwhelms me!

what i love about SU is that they are able to cater to every single person. there are soo many sets i dont like, but i LOVE what someone else creates with it.. because that set is their style. i have had people tell me they didnt care for one of my fave sets.. and while i think they are CRAZY! lol
i totally get what they are saying, because i feel that way about other sets.

i dont get negativity though.
i LOVE the stuff target comes out with in their seasonal merchandise.. the thanksgiving dishes and the summer line of patio furniture.. but would you go bad mouthing them because they didnt cater to your tastes?? seriously??

and what about the people who actually do like these sets?? they arent going to say anything, or upload their creations to change our mind because everyone has already aired their distastes for the sets.. you know?
Dear Tasha,
Please get out of my brain.

Love,
Britta

Old 07-18-2006, 10:44 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Nadine!

That is just too funny! If they get their panties in a *wad*, then they have to sit on the lump!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 07-18-2006, 10:45 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love the new mini. It's got more ribbon. The new DS paper is a must have. The ribbon holders are another must have for me, and then there are the stamps. I know I'm gonna have to get a couple. Even when they don't immediately strike my fancy, you talented ladies convince me with your awesome artwork. Besides I need a Santa.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:47 AM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
Dear Tasha,

Love,
Britta
LOL.. you are soo funny Britta!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:48 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for posting the link! I love getting a sneak peak but will reserve my opinion until I have the hard copy in my hot little hands! don't know what's wrong with me, but I have to actually HOLD at catalog to appreciate it.
that said -- I LOVE the ornaments! I am planning to do a Christmas Traditions scrapbook that will include the stories behind the ornaments that we've collected over the years - those stamps will be perfect.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:54 AM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Tasha, you go, girl, lol! I consider myself BLESSED when I don't have to have the entire contents of a mini. That just gets way, way too expensive! As has been said, I love it that there are such varying styles so generally there's more chance for everyone to find something they like! And, since I like to try and sell cards now and again, I try to work with some sets that I may not appreciate as much as somebody else might, just to offer more choices.

I think the Halloween sets are very cute, but my budget won't allow something that I could only use for such a short time. Love 'em though! I'm actually considering getting the Heavenly Peace set, though, even though I am not known for my uh, "religiosity," lol. I think it's a very nice set....

Most people know I'm a complete, total, unrepentant paper slut, so it goes without saying that I will be stocking up on that paper!!! It's spendiferous!!! As is the ribbon! And the chipboard books! OMG....I need to win the lottery.............

Think Big is so up-to-the-minute with current scrap trends and the whole "shabby" thing that's still going on. And the Quick Cards set...I think I will have to try if only because it's a "different" concept for SU and I think it'll be fun to play with.

OK, I think I just talked myself into more than I'd planned.......... and I haven't even had a chance to be swayed by the gallery goddesses! I am SO IN TROUBLE.....
Old 07-18-2006, 10:58 AM   #58  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm not loving it either. I do like the Halloween paper and the word set with the little picture attached to it (forget the name). That is a good thing because I have a mile long wish list already!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:02 AM   #59  
Glitter Guru

I'm wondering if any Canadian demos are willing to share Canadian prices?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:08 AM   #60  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm loving the Snow Flurries set and Perfect Ending. Snow Flurries reminds me of Little Pieces which is so versatile and fun to stamp with! The double sided paper is awesome and the ribbon -- I'm loving it! Even without getting a lot of stamp sets, I think I'll be spending a pretty penny on this mini.

As for my Christmas cards though, I think I'm going to get City of David and Festive Favorites from the big catalog. They're both really different looks for me and I just love them!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:10 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

No, Tasha I don't want to like everything out of the mini, but I would like to want SOMETHING...IMO, another very disappointing mini. I am very disappointed in the quality SU has been showing in the last years worth of mini's....

I think it may be time for them to hire some new designers. The only thing I could even remotely seeing myself buying would be the cranberry crisp ribbon, but that is it.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #62  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxma
LOL Me too. Usually, I"m not impressed at first but then they grow on me.

Me too! Though I do like several of the sets in the mini, so I am guessing that the X-mas sets in the big catty will start moving onto my wish, want, need list as things get posted in the galleries!
Oh and I love the In Color ribbon but I am not sure about the ribbon holder since right now all of my ribbon isn't even on spools it is balled up in 2 drawers...i'll have to work on that!

**I just want to use this tiny bit of cyberspace to thank the few people that did stand up for me in the past, you know who you are and to let you all know that it really makes a difference when people stick up for you like you all are doing now for Jaxma, it makes me feel good inside...**
Renegades of the world unite
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Old 07-18-2006, 11:15 AM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorse
Nadine!

That is just too funny! If they get their panties in a *wad*, then they have to sit on the lump!
Next time, please put a SPEW alert!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:26 AM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

I usually put my disclaimer in my posts, when I post something negative about the artwork/stamps etc. I didn't, so here it is (and I see a lot of people with a similar disclaimer):

Nope, don't really like the sets in the mini or all that much in the big catty for that matter either ***BUT*** as soon as I see what the incredibly talented girlies on this site do with sets that I never had an interest in, I'm sure my mind will be changed and I'll be buying the same set that I earlier had stated *ick* to.

Well...there you have it.

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:33 AM   #65  
Stampin' Fool

While I love the "sneak peek" I never allow myself to decide what I am and am not getting based on that. I'm so unimaginative that I can never picture the "what else" is possible beyond the samples featured in the catty. and I don't want to make up my mind based on that one sample. So I get the paper copy, think about it and look to my demo and SCS for inspiration. They can open up a whole new set of possibilities for me. Or they can "convince" me that a set is just not for me.

So with that said - It's time for the ultra-talented demos on this site to bring on the artwork from the new sets. I CAN'T WAIT till y'all get your pre-orders!

Old 07-18-2006, 11:35 AM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

Just because I am disappointed with the mini catalogue, doesnt mean that I'm not looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing with the sets, sometimes things are not my style, but I still LOVE seeing what the creative people on this site can do with the sets!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:37 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW, I don't think there's anything in this mini that I really want to get...that's a first
Old 07-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahenton
WOW, I don't think there's anything in this mini that I really want to get...that's a first
are you serious sara??
not even the paper? it doesnt have to be 'christmasy'.. it just matches the incolor line..a nd i LOVE the new ribbon.. i buy stitched ribbon from michaels all the time.. now it actually coordinates my cards moer!

Old 07-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just said I wasn't tempted like I absolutely had to have it. I didn't say I probably wouldn't buy some of that. I was already second guessing myself on the ribbon, I didn't need someone to push me. Thanks a lot Tasha...LOL!!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahenton
I just said I wasn't tempted like I absolutely had to have it. I didn't say I probably wouldn't buy some of that. I was already second guessing myself on the ribbon, I didn't need someone to push me. Thanks a lot Tasha...LOL!!
hey!! what are friends for???

*is enabling sara*mwhaha

Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 AM   #71  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Dear Tasha,

Love,
Britta
LOL
Old 07-18-2006, 11:52 AM   #72  
Glitter Guru

Anybody with Canadian prices?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #73  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc82742
hey!! what are friends for???

*is enabling sara*mwhaha
exactly...Note to self: must avoid Tasha when I'm trying to save money.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #74  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Dear Tasha,

Love,
Britta
Dear Britta,
Please stop writing what I was going to write to TC before I have a chance to. Thank you.
Extra Love,
Keri
Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 PM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
Dear Britta,
Please stop writing what I was going to write to TC before I have a chance to. Thank you.
Extra Love,
Keri
you girls are cracking me up!

Old 07-18-2006, 12:07 PM   #76  
Watercolor Wizard

Old 07-18-2006, 12:12 PM   #77  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the sneak peek! Thank goodness there isn't even one set that I want! I do like the paper in the purples and oranges, though. Might have to get that!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #78  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529
I usually put my disclaimer in my posts, when I post something negative about the artwork/stamps etc. I didn't, so here it is (and I see a lot of people with a similar disclaimer):

Nope, don't really like the sets in the mini or all that much in the big catty for that matter either ***BUT*** as soon as I see what the incredibly talented girlies on this site do with sets that I never had an interest in, I'm sure my mind will be changed and I'll be buying the same set that I earlier had stated *ick* to.

Well...there you have it.
Nadine...you are right on girlfriend!!!!

My first thought when I saw the Summer mini was "Ick..Ick..Ick" (except for Bud Basics)

Well....enter the SCS wunderkind and lo and behold....I now have Pattern of Friendhsip, Wheel Thing, Cowboy Kid and Polka Dot Posies. And guess what...I Love them all!!!

I am not overly excited about the Holiday Mini although I do have a little hankering for the Halloween set and papers. The SCS artists may change my mind. but if they don't that's okay too. There were 2 Xmas sets in the new catty that I will buy instead.

For example...alot of gals are using AMuse stamps. They have not really resonated with me. But that's okay, because I can see how others may find them to their liking. However, i still like to see the samples since something may come along that trips my trigger.

For those of you that do not subscribe to the DD Gallery, please consider doing so. Not only does it support this womderful site but you will be amazed at the sets you will go bonkers over when you see the samples!

We don't need to like it all at all times. After all, we'll save alot of $$ that way!

Sharon
Old 07-18-2006, 12:20 PM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, the more I look at the Holiday Mini the more I'm *needing* LOL! I love that the mini's are so diverse -- there's something for everyone . . . . stamps, papers, ribbons, accessories, etc. Tragically I'm sure I'll end up with another HUGE mini order after promising to be good . . . . . can't wait to get my order in!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:27 PM   #80  
Failed Lurker

I really like the mini! There are lots of cool sets - love the poodle one (although the dog's a bit TOO similar to Paris in the Spring - and it took me a while to work out what was in its mouth). Don't really want any of them though because we don't do Thanksgiving or Halloween and I don't make many Christmas cards.