Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Snowman Soup Question (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/snowman-soup-question-94137/)

cannontc 10-19-2005 11:38 AM

Snowman Soup Question

For those of you that have made this, do you just stick the marshmallows right in the cello bag with the other stuff, or do you put them in thier own ziploc or something.......?

Thanks for your help!

GarnetJ 10-19-2005 11:42 AM

We put them on a piece of plastic wrap, twisted it up and added a red or green twisty tie. I suppose that would be awfully slow if you have to make 100 of these. It's okay if each person is just making one or two.

spv 10-19-2005 12:37 PM

I put them in a smaller cello bag, fold the top and close with a small stickers...those colored round price tag stickers (they come in a sheet) work great and you could probably stamp on them if you want...

lauraos 10-19-2005 03:40 PM

I also put them in a smaller little cello bag (lollipop size).
Laura

stamper-c 10-19-2005 04:00 PM

my Walmart has small zip loc bags in the craft section, they are tall rather than long like the snack ones...they come in large and small...I just pop a few in the small one...you get quite a few baggies in the package so its not too bad a deal...they are so much fun to make. My Walmart had great mugs last year for a $1...thanks for the reminder, I better start checking again for this year!:)

glenda s 10-19-2005 04:01 PM

Marshmallows now come in single serving cello pouches (about the size of a cocoa package). It is in the snack section of the grocery store. It might be more marshmallows than you want to use in your soup though.

Glenda

s1itcher46 10-19-2005 04:11 PM

I have a Food Saver sealing system. I make my own bags using heavier decorated cellophane I found at the dollar tree. I use a piece 5" x 10". I make a 10" tube, then cut that into 3 short bags. Fill and seal other end. I even trim the ends with my fancy scissors when I have time.

bonniejo 10-19-2005 04:25 PM

Last year I bought the individual packages of Swiss Miss with marshmallows. I kept them in their individual packages and used medium flat cello bags and made a topper. HTH.

cannontc 10-20-2005 08:41 AM

I'll have to check out the individual serving sizes of marshmallows and the small snack sized ziplocs.

Thanks for the ideas!

yooperbrat 10-20-2005 09:26 AM

Mug question

I have not made snowman soup yet but am planning too and have everything I need except for candy canes, which are not out in the stores yet. At least not around here. Usually I'm complaining that the stores put Christmas stuff out so early but this year because I want/need it I'm upset its not out yet. LOL

Anyway my question is for those of you that put your snowman soup in mugs...how do you do it? Do you put everything in a cello bag still and then put it inside the mug? Do you make a topper for the cello bag? Where do you put the poem? Do you print the poem out on the computer?

I was planning on putting everything in a cello bag and making a topper and printing the poem on that but then I heard about people using mugs and I found mugs for 99 cents and Michaels that you stamp an insert for them and I thought about decorating those with snomen/snowflakes and using the soup with them. So I'm interested in how you all package your "soup"....please share your methods. Thanks!!

stampinJeanB 10-20-2005 09:37 AM

Tell me more about Snowman soup please!!!! Can I find the recipe on here?