Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:26 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins
Default Snowbirding Stampers?

Are any of you stampers snowbirds? Do you pack up stamps and take them with you? My DH is being sent to Miami for work for 3 months and I'm going with. We leave next week. How do you decide what to take? I can't not stamp for 3 months, but I can't take it all with either. Help!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

I have been packing up my stuff and heading north for the summer the last few years. It's not easy for me to do advance planning, but I take several stamp sets, markers, spots, lots of cardstock and designer paper, ATG gun and refills, a box of embellishments, etc. I try and fit it in 2-3 totes. I always have too much, but the area I go to has NO stores that carry any stamp stuff... Good luck! at leaqst in Miami, you can find stamp stores or Michaels, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2008, 09:52 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi...I'm a snowbird stamper but I have two condos..one in NH and one near Ft. Lauderdale so I can leave supplies.

I bought the condos before I started stamping so I am doing this out of closets! Finding the room ito stamp and keep supplies are the hardest part of this.

I bring stamp pads bec. they would dry out but I have duplicates of most things, the trimmers, cuddlebugs, tools like scissors. We would need a truck to bring everything back and forth.

I would say bring your favorites things and take classes. That way you'd have a place to stamp.

Also, stamp some of your favorite images and bring those to color, etc. instead of the stamps.

Wish I could be more helpful but it is a difficult because there a zillion things you need to stamp. Good luck..MJ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 04:24 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I snowbird every 6 months from FL to NC and I "take it all"; well, almost all -- I don't take my Valentine stamps to NC but that's about it. Fortunately, my DH and I both have SUV-type vehicles so he takes his toys and I take mine and we get along fine!!! I know this isn't much help :>)

Wawnda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2008, 04:59 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

Well, I have been punching scraps like crazy to take with me since I can't bring all my punches, but I just can't decide what stamp sets to bring. I'm excited to be heading to FL, but I don't want to leave my stamps behind.
Reply With Quote Likes