Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-24-2005, 07:26 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Thought of Swaping This Way??

I was just working on some craft projects and thought..."if I had that set, I could really use that stamp right now" but it wouldn't be a set that I would use often.

I craft many different things, and normally end up stamping on white cardstock and adhering it to my project (whatever that might be at the time, altered clipboards, ect.)

OKAY...TO GET TO MY POINT....I wondered if ANYONE out there would like to swap stamped images with me?

To keep it simple. We would swap our list of sets, and then decide what images we want. Stamp on White cardstock in Black with plenty of space around the image and leave it plain, then mail them.
I guess we could request another color cardstock, but to me, white is the easiest and so universal.

Then we have the images to decorate anyway we want and use them in our projects without having to buy a set of stamps that we would only use one of the stamps from or just use a few times!

Does ANY of this make sense? LOL I am on Back pain meds right now! lol So, it could be the medicine talking!

Let me know if anyone has done this or would be willing to do this with me? I have LOTS of sets, but there are soo many I would like to use in my projects just once or twice and don't have the extra $$ to invest in those sets!

Email me or PM me [email protected]

Melinda
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2005, 08:06 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Melinda,
It makes perfect sense. There are already swaps like this that go on. They are sometimes called image swaps. I am a part of one, and I think it is a WONDERFUL idea. here is the link to the one I am a part of. Please feel free to start your own. I think you'd have a lot of takers
Sally
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2005, 08:15 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Wink Anyone thought of swapping this way

Dear Melinda,

What a great idea. Sign me up. I am trying to find the stamp set Puck Play and have not had any luck. Have an 8 year old grandson who is into ice hockey. I am new to stampin up but have a few sets and would be willing to share with you. I do have a lot of other stamps that are not stampin up. I will put together a list tomorrow on what stampin up sets I have.

This is just great.

Chatty Cathy 25 (wish I was that age again)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2005, 08:34 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

Great! Just let me know what sets you all have, I will list mine here to and we can just pick from each others list and I guess if we get enough inquiries, I could host a swap on the swap board, I just don't want all of us to end up with images we already have. I would rather pick and choose.

I will post my Sets here tomorrow. And my WISH LIST of sets I would like to have images from... Then anyone else that would like to do the same, can post as well. Then we can all evenly choose what we want from each other.

If you have any better ideas or want to add suggestions! I am ALL for it!!

Thanks again!
Melinda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2005, 10:20 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

I would love to do this as well, but I don't have many sets--I'll post what I have here or wherever for the swap...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 06:43 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I would be interested in swapping images. I have viewed some of these of the swap site but not of the sets I saw listed "sang" to me.

Thanks, Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 08:10 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

This sounds fabulous to me as well. May I participate? I'll add my list of stamp sets here on Monday. Although I've joined Stampin' Up, I've got many Close to My Heart sets as well. If there is any interest in swapping these images, I'd be happy to share that list too. Just let me know.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 08:18 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

Okay, I have checked out all the other image swaps on the swaps board, but, none of them seem to be what I had in mind. I really don't want to have to have a hostess. That takes MORE time and work. What if we just all listed our sets, then our wish list. We can All look over what each other has, then individually make "deals". ??? You then can directly send the images to the other person and they can send to you. IF enough people want to do this, then surely we can each find people we want things from. Postage might be more this way, but we would get exactly what we want!

What are your thoughts? I can MOVE this to the Swaps board if everyone wants that. It just won't be the TRADITIONAL swap. It would be up to each of us to make individual deals.

I don't know, I haven't come up with the perfect solution for this idea. If anyone else wants to POP in with thier idea (other than the traditional host swap) PLease do so.

Melinda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 08:18 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Do you just want current sets or retired sets as well?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 09:40 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Default Swapping Images

Sounds like a good idea to me. Where would we put our list of what we have and what we want?? Geri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 10:17 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ooh, I'd love to do this. I'm at work now..but by tomorrow I'll post the sets I have. Yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 10:19 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would love to help out with stamped images.

I have over 400 SU stamp sets (new and retired) and over 200 non-SU stamps. If you would like a certain type of image, I probably have it. Because I have many male relatives/friends who are outdoorsmen, I have a lot of deer, wild turkey, bear and fishing stamps. I also have some sports related stamps - unfortunately, no ice hocky stamps.

If there is any image I can help with, please let me know. If you are looking for a certain retired image, let me know too.

If I need to provide a list, I can do that too. But sometimes that doesn't quite explain what the stamp looks like.

Sue

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

I want to do BOTH current and retired SU sets! Since some of those retired ones are hard to find!!
CTMH is okay, but make sure you make a list of SU stamps you have, Your SU stamp Wish list, THEN a list of CTMH list. This will keep us all wondering what sets are what. I know it is easy to find images of retired and current SU stamps, but with CTMH retired sets, it is harder to find sites that show what they look like!

Hmmmm. I am wondering where we should post too! lol

What about this idea? Do you want to email me DIRECTLY with your lists and wishlists? and then I can compile a GROUP EMAIL that we all can email each other.
Or we can keep it here or move to the swap board, but since it isn't the traditional swap, do we have to do the swaps a particular way?

post your replies here for now and then I will make a decision by tonight what to do! Glad to see so many interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 11:43 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

I have often thought of doing this and when I borrow friends stamps I always stamp a few extra for later. I would be willing to do this but don't understan where we are to put our lists.

As for Chatty Cathy 25 I have Puck Play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 01:05 PM   #15  
Compulsive Stamper

Okay, going to MOVE this to the SWAP board. Then we can post our HAVES and WANTS. GO there for further instructions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

A friend of mine suggested that we do this for each other awhile ago but I never did manage to do it!!! I have thought asking for this very thing in the ISO but was wondering how that would work with postage etc.
I have been trying to make cards for Keiki, I made over 100 on Friday at our 6-midnight stamp night. But they need teenage boys and now younger kid cards and I don't have a lot of sets that qualify.
So, I would love to swap with people, would it be Stampin up white only? Black or colored ink, how many images/sheets....
I don't have the 400 sets, but I would love to share what I have.

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

Sounds great gals! Just post ON the SWAP board now, It is under Image Swap (a different way of doing it). I have my sets listed and my wish list.

Melinda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2005, 03:18 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is the swap thread:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2005, 04:15 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Great idea.

I like this idea - just added my name to the list. (I am interested in Provencal and hunting themes.)

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes