Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Since there have been some questions about how I use my unmounted stamps... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/since-there-have-been-some-questions-about-how-i-use-my-unmounted-stamps-180418/)

shell_scraps 09-04-2006 02:38 PM

Since there have been some questions about how I use my unmounted stamps...

I have posted the directions with photos to better explain how I use my SU! stamps without the wood and storage in the jewel cases.

Mounting Tutorial

Cathy H 09-04-2006 02:47 PM

Thank you for the tutorial. Very nicely done and will be very helpful to many, I'm sure.

Palapala 09-04-2006 02:54 PM

Very cool - thanks for sharing!

Skittl1321 09-04-2006 03:00 PM

What a great idea!

Str8Fan 09-04-2006 04:24 PM

This is an awesome idea. Especially for us military wives who are moving from place to place every couple of years.

flaxychick 09-04-2006 05:19 PM

Great tutorial! I'll have to try this with my next new stamp. Thanks for sharing.

ManatyGrrl 09-04-2006 06:06 PM

What a great idea, thank you so much! I'm a Stampin' Up demonstrator and I have a ton of sets and that would save so much space!

pammybaby 09-04-2006 06:19 PM

This is so awesome! Thank you so much!

hadleyzoo 09-04-2006 06:33 PM

Awesome! TFS...

Tiffany

santakitty 09-04-2006 07:00 PM

I like this...was wondering how to use the image piece. Where do I look for the Ailene's Tack it? doesn't bother the image sticker? How often do you need to redo the Tack It? I have a few new sets that I have delayed doing anything with because I didn't want to mount them - think I'll try this.
Thanks,
kitty

kristransue 09-04-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Str8Fan
This is an awesome idea. Especially for us military wives who are moving from place to place every couple of years.

Ain't that the truth, plus DH said we may have to store some of my stuff the next place we go *gasp*.
Shell . . . do you think I can unmount my stamps and then peel the sticker off the wood and apply it?

saviaubi 11-29-2006 05:20 AM

bump

mom of Marine 11-29-2006 12:31 PM

image sticker

I take the image sticker off the wood and apply it to the foam. I haven't had too much trouble of it sticking but if it doesn't stick as well as I want I use Crystal Effects. Then using Crystal Effects I glue vinyl cling on top of the image because I didn't care for the Tack it Over and Over (but that's just my weirdness).

shell_scraps 11-29-2006 01:57 PM

I have had mixed luck peeling stickers off my wood....some of them come off clean...others are a little more...stubborn...I have used Undu on a couple to get them off better. but once they are off the wood the system is the same.

doxiegal 11-29-2006 03:52 PM

Mom of Marine - where do you find vinyl cling? I have looked at several places and can't seem to locate any...

mnhyrkas 11-29-2006 08:28 PM

another option instead of putting Aleens on the stamps would be to put some Aleens on your block. Or, just use Double stick tape to temporarily mount your stamp to the block.

kristransue 11-30-2006 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxiegal
Mom of Marine - where do you find vinyl cling? I have looked at several places and can't seem to locate any...

www.cornisheritagefarms.com This is a great store that has freee shipping with orders over 25 dollars all the time.
The vinyl cling is located under mounting supplies in the menu on the left. There are two different kinds of mounting foam there, one says acrylic blocks though, so you will know you are getting the right kind.
The other type is the kind that you would mount stamps onto wood blocks with.

wiggynine 11-30-2006 03:23 AM

Thanks for the tutorial. Now it makes sense! I think I'll try this with my new set, which I'm anxiously awaiting.

Linda

notime2stamp 11-30-2006 04:48 AM

Wow! I used Aileen's TIOAO to recently unmount my stamps. I LOVE the idea of putting the sticker on and then the glue. I'll have to do this with my future stamps sets.

Thanks
A

AMAStamper 11-30-2006 04:54 AM

I like this idea. I've been mounting some of my new stamps using EZ Mount. Does the Aileen's TIOAO leave any sort of gooey, sticky residue on the acrylic mounts?

mom of Marine 11-30-2006 06:19 AM

Sunday International?

Hi,
I'm at school right now but I got my vinyl cling on the web at Sunday something-think it was Sunday International?. I know someone out there will have the correct name. It's only vinyl cling-no foam attached and is $1.00 per sheet (8.5x11 inches). I could get 3-4 regular sets on one sheet. Hopes this helps.